Notices

Boostlab - - Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boostlab - - Bad News

This is true and a warning.
I purchased injectors off craigslist from a fellow named James who's voicemail says he's from boostlab. I have a printout of the ad and I quote "I have a barely used set of Denso 550cc blue top injectors for Honda or Acura engines...These are saturated, no resistor box needed!"
I paid his asking price for the injectors and we parted. I installed the injectors. I fired the motor up... and then shut it off. A few days later i went out and decided i would do a check of my work. I decided to check the injectors so i made sure they were secure and somehow i decided maybe i'd better test their resistance.... 2.4 Ohms!!!! Not Saturated as he claimed. I was glad i didn't run the car for long... 2.4 ohms could have blown my injector driver in the ECU which already had the Hondata s300 installed.
Not knowing if he had intetionally sold me the wrong injectors i called his phone and when he didn't answer I heard his voicemail "Boostlab." I knew the name so i left a message stating i wanted an appointment for tuning hoping that would get me a return call. I gave up after a day of waiting. I decided to give him a chance to make it right assuming that he had not intentionally made the error. I called him again the next day and this time he answered. He told me the sale was as-is and there are not refunds. I told him that the product he advertised was not the product he sold. He didn't care. He assured me of that when he said, "It is your fault for buying something off of Craigslist!" I couldn't believe my ears.... I said, "don't you work for Boostlab?" He mumbled and i continued, "I know you do, its on your voicemail." He responded, "Yeah, i've taken that off." Here is a company that advertises on craigslist telling me that I should not have purchased off of craigslist. I asked him how he rationalized what he was saying in the face of Integrity.... He didn't seem to be concerned about integrity. He said he was not going to refund me. Eventually after about 5 min of going back and forth he offered to bring me a resistor box. I told him the reason I wanted high resistance injectors was because i didn't want to modify my harness: I didnt want to have to install a resistor box. He said that was my only option. So i accepted. He agreed to deliver the box that evening.... He NOSHOWED. The following day, he noshowed. On March 4, 2009 James called me while i was working on my car. I figured he was going to drop the resistor box by.... Instead, he said, "Hi, it's James from Boostlab. I just got your voicemail. I'm going to be down here for a while if you want to swing by (for the tuning i had left a message about days before)." Well, clearly he was stilling using the same phone and operating under the name Boostlab. It confirmed everything that i had thought about my experience. I relay this event so that nobody else has to deal with what i did. He doesn't back up his sales, doesn't care about the principle of integrity, and as far as i'm concerned, doesn't care about his customers. I won't do business with someone who operates that way. The phone number i called to reach him and the one he returned my call from is 253 359-5871.
I relay this so that you may avoid the experience i had. All the best.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boostlab - - Bad News

sorry for your experiance....If I was you I would just wire in a resistor box since the injectors do work....but I totally feel where you are coming from...I think that he should give you a resistor box and wire it up for ya but thats just me...It's all about customer service...whether you bought the item off of craigslist or a shop you are still that person's custumer so you should be treated like one....I feel bad homie but honestly it is an easy fix if you get the box..I'll even help you wire one up stealth like with a plug on the end so you can always just take it out....its easy...but like i said sorry bout your experiance
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I appreciate the kind offer. I've already hardwired a box i bought. I just couldn't stomach the 355 bucks for another set of injectors. It's really kind of you to offer though. Thank you. In the process of my build i've been screwed with so many times in larger and smaller ways that this one. I just get so sick of being the agenda of another's lack of integrity. I'm sure i'm not alone in this. As more people make it known when they've been scammed or screwed with, those doing the scamming and screwing will become known and hopefully less of it will happen to everyone.
All my best
Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, it seems like this has been happening alot, i saw this on craigslist the other day too
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/1062417265.html
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Bringing it over here so that when the ad drops of craigslist there is still a record... Thank you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!warning!!!!!!!!! honda ecu/chips/ - $1 (tacoma )

Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-03-05, 7:35PM PST

Reply to: sale-bzccq-1062098375@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-05, 3:35PM PST

So I call this person on craigslist about doing a ecu for me for my 96 civic with a h22 in it.
Then I call him for one for my 92 civic I took it home and it dint work it had code 19.
When I called him he gave me another one and it dint work either.
I have meet him 2 times and one time I went all the way to his house and when I got home
to my surprise it dint work either. So I called him last night about it and he said that he would
meet my friend in the morning about switching it one more time. Gees what he dint show up.
Know the one for my 96 civic is throwing code that means replace ecu.
If you need a ecu chipped don't get one from him IT WONT WORK this is the number on his ads

360/628/3766
here are some of his ads
Reply to: sale-trwzu-1061440730@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-05, 8:19AM PST

Honda
Acura
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
high performance ecu chipping. Tunning is coming soon!!
we speacalize in Honda and Acura swaps and conversions.

JDM
Engine Swaps
LS/VTEC swaps full port & polish full portmatch
custom gauge pods
chip kits
vtec conversion kits
custom fabrication
custom electrical
custom wire tucks

OBD1 VTEC ECU - P28, P05,P06, P75, P13, P30, Pr3 OBD0 VTEC ECU PR3 OBD0 CHIPED PM6, PR4 None VTec to VTec conversion
auto to manual ecu conversion
knock disable
p13 knock board removal
launch control
redline increase
custom vtec engagment point
speed limiter disable
custom fuel and ignition maps

and much much more to much to list!!!

email acura_cain7@yahoo.com (leave number)
call 360-628-3766 call any time !!!!!!

ls vtec, h22a, h22a1, b18a1, b18b1, b18c1, b18c5, b16a, b16a3, civic, integra, ek, eg, d16y8, d16y6,d16z6, d15b1, vtec, h22a4, prelude, da, dc, bb1, bb2, skunk2, aem, cr vtec, crvtec, b20 vtec, b20b1, f22b2, f22a, turbo, greddy, autometer, honda,acura,civic,integra,accord,coupe,sedan,gsr,s i,sir,ls,gs,rs,ex,ek,dx,ef,dc,b16a,b16b,b18a,b18b, b18c,b18c1,b18c5,h22a,h23a,d16z6,d16a6,d15b2,d15b, vtec,sohc,dohc,turbo,intercooler,injectors,RC,

CUSTOM HONDA SWAPS

CUSTOM TURBOS

CUSTOM FAB. WORK

CUSTOM ENGINE BUILDS

FULL PORT & POLISH

PORT MATCH

CUSTOM ECUS

CUSTOM BASEMAP CHIPS

CONVERSION HARNESSES
OBD0-OBD1
OBD1-OBD2A
OBD1-OBD2B

FULL DIAGNOSTICS

MUCH MUCH MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALL 360-6283766
ACURA_CAIN7@YAHOO.COM
Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Just a note. As the economy continues to plummet, you can expect more of this to be happening. It is unfortunate; however, if one could quantify the morals and values per capita of a population, I suspect that the reports would show that per capita, people comprimise their values and morals more as the economy falls; probably out of desperation.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by njebudalla
Bringing it over here so that when the ad drops of craigslist there is still a record... Thank you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!warning!!!!!!!!! honda ecu/chips/ - $1 (tacoma )
damn! i bought an ecu from him a lil while ago. havent put it in yet cuz i havent done my swap. there goes 150 bucks
Old 03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

well, at least try it... hopefully it is good.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lets hope so. if not i got his address and i know he drives a lude.

he might end up with a smoldering lude shell in his front yard