Notices
Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming

NW car club..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NW car club..?

Whats up HT? Me and a buddy have been thinking about puttin together a Honda car club. have meets, photoshoots, BBQs, stuff like that...it'd be a good way to get to know other local enthusiasts and meet new people. Before we get this goin though i figured id see if there was any interest at all..Whos down? lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NW car club..?

All these views and no replies? Don't spy! Lol, people aren't into the car club thing anymore??
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it seems like some members are put off due to theft and shady people. i would like to be in a c.c. but most of my friends are no longer into projects or anything (marriage for some).

meeting new people can be kinda weird, when it comes to automotive.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah true, people are ****ed these days. Funny thing though, I also own a muscle car. And its way different. We don't worry about that **** like the Honda scene. Guess that comes with all the young punks that give the rest a bad name....

Yeah that's true, if you bring them around your house or stuff like that. Sad day we live in really hahaha.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

id be down, if we can get some more people. i do photography and got a buddy at work that does graphic work, if we wanted t-shirts/ stickers. etc
Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be down and I know a few people probably interested, but no way in hell anyone would know where I live haha
Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright well, see whats up with everybody and we can get this goin. Need to come up with a name too haha.

Outlaw, im with you on that one. No way anybody will know where i live haha.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah. i'm down, it would be good to meet up some local peeps. Haven't met up with anyone before since i've had my em1...
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a forum for the NW that started up a few years back, but it's pretty much dead now. All of the big events were on your side of the state (which some of us eastern WA people attended), where all the people that had little get togethers were from here. I think that was part of what caused the forum to go dead. The Western Washington/Oregon and Eastern WA/North Idaho split. Really two different scenes.

I don't see you guys getting bbq's and such started over there being a problem. There's enough people to do the work and enough people to show up to make things worth while.

One major point, stay an unofficial car club. I've been in so many car clubs in my life, that once bylaws, dues, and officials are elected, it seems to be that clubs fall apart.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

club dues wouldn't be a bad thing though. that could be used for t shirts, entry fees to shows, food for bbq's, anything like that.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im in. im not really worried about low life theives. I HAVE A GARAGE AND HIDDEN CAMERAS! =]
Old 10-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Id be down. Ive been wanting to jump in the scene for awhile, finally bought an ej not to long ago. Im also an amateur photographer wanting to try and do a photo shoot.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, we got it goin.... I'm not too frequent on this site lol. But yeah, its called "cascade Honda crew" so far we have 3 member including me. And as for dues, there aren't any. That may change once we get more people and can figure it all out. I'm writing up the bylaws, nothing to strict... as for now we are "voting" people in... so if you are interested send me a pic of ride and tell me a little about yourself and me and the co-founder will go from there. Once more people join we will hold a vote for the president, VP, and so on.... let me know.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I'm interested... I had this idea a year or two ago. It seems there are Audi clubs, VW clubs but no honda clubs.

It would be slick to see more frequent meets!

The last two car meets/show I went to was IFO which was rain tastic as well as this meet in clackamas I met some pretty cool people! lots of neat rides and a lot of crappy ones.. btw wire ties holding up an intercooler "NOT COOL"

I'm down for a meet soon.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by likwidchz
Yeah I'm interested... I had this idea a year or two ago. It seems there are Audi clubs, VW clubs but no honda clubs.

It would be slick to see more frequent meets!

The last two car meets/show I went to was IFO which was rain tastic as well as this meet in clackamas I met some pretty cool people! lots of neat rides and a lot of crappy ones.. btw wire ties holding up an intercooler "NOT COOL"

I'm down for a meet soon.
Half the people's cars will most likely be garbage and will remain garbage. This is why I wouldn't join something like this. If their was some sort of entry requirements, then maybe. A meet with 100% awesome(or even just nice) Honda's would be amazing!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to Honda's. Some people just don't have skill or really know what looks professional looking. Everyone remembers in the early years people thought was awesome that tube wrap plastic dress up nonsense? now.. its hideous.

Although the cars that do look nice get noticed and the people without said skill or ideas make there stuff better by actually.. but that's what we can only hope for.

Personally I see all sorts of stupid **** on cars now and people think they are just fantastic... I tend to not see a lot of impressive things on cars these days... its either the car makes a **** load of power and looks like *** or it looks great and nothing is under the hood.

some instances I could really care less what someone else does to there car and do something different to mine... before I wanted my car all clean and solid one color, now I'm like hell lets sticker bomb parts of it! do crazy stuff.. I got dragons in my interior!

Personally so many people have given me **** about OMG AARON HAS DRAGONS RAAAR... Just don't care I think its crazy and I love it! 10 years ago people would have thought sticker bombing is ugly, or the wheels with the huge *** lug nuts or even "Hella Camber"
Attached Images    
Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HdeucedeuceA
Half the people's cars will most likely be garbage and will remain garbage. This is why I wouldn't join something like this. If their was some sort of entry requirements, then maybe. A meet with 100% awesome(or even just nice) Honda's would be amazing!
This, you would need to weed out the beaters and douchebags. likwidchz I was also at the clackamas meet (eg next to you actually) and I was handed some card for a local club. I think I still have it but never even thought twice for this very reason.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh fantastic! the black hatch I think right?....

Cool deal!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh fantastic! the black hatch I think right?....

Cool deal!
Dark grey actually but yeah.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, not everybody can get in for that reason. Gotta be "voted" in. Meaning, if you have a bucket, or are a Dbag, your not in..... I'm not a "Honda kid" so no worries there Haha.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to Honda's. Some people just don't have skill or really know what looks professional looking. Everyone remembers in the early years people thought was awesome that tube wrap plastic dress up nonsense? now.. its hideous.

Although the cars that do look nice get noticed and the people without said skill or ideas make there stuff better by actually.. but that's what we can only hope for.

Personally I see all sorts of stupid **** on cars now and people think they are just fantastic... I tend to not see a lot of impressive things on cars these days... its either the car makes a **** load of power and looks like *** or it looks great and nothing is under the hood.

some instances I could really care less what someone else does to there car and do something different to mine... before I wanted my car all clean and solid one color, now I'm like hell lets sticker bomb parts of it! do crazy stuff.. I got dragons in my interior!

Personally so many people have given me **** about OMG AARON HAS DRAGONS RAAAR... Just don't care I think its crazy and I love it! 10 years ago people would have thought sticker bombing is ugly, or the wheels with the huge *** lug nuts or even "Hella Camber"
your car was the only civic I remembered at the clackamas meet cause of the creative interior work. The hatch was clean nonetheless but the panels and roof was art!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TerribleToo
This, you would need to weed out the beaters and douchebags.
Exactly. In example, people buy beater civics and think they're badasses. Another example is the pointless revving.

If there was a screening process, then I'd for sure be down.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How about a set of rules.

No Reving engines
No Burnouts
No Racing.
No Fat chicks?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As for a screening process.... shoot me some guidline ideas if you wish. as for right now, its simple. people contact me with pics of car, and a little bit of info about themself.. and they get voted in, by all members.only 3 so far, lol.. Im a pretty cool guy, so if i get a d-bag/ricer vibe, im sayin no...simple as that. hahaha..

and likwidchz- that sounds fine. i will put that stuff in the bylaws, i will try to write those up today. and if anybody that wants to join would like to help me with them, or revise them after i write them let me know. all help is appreciated. still in the begginning process. the more help, the better it will all be.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly being to two honda shows in my life.. I know noob... "I actually have more fun building then showing it off " and also being 30 years old I find that people did dumb **** at the last meet, driving around fast doing stupid stuff.

I'm glad the police didn't show up, but even if they did, I didn't do anything wrong... Ive been to a few roadster shows like at beaches at PIR no one does stupid **** there, if honda meets were more like that it would be a blast.

I got such a large kick out of seeing 20 people around my engine bay at once it was like fame!

more talking more bullshittin less being dumb.

--Aaron

Quick Reply: NW car club..?