Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

HID retrofit club

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (stick)

For the guys that have done the retro, can you also post what set-up you used. I have heard of s2000, bmw, and i though i saw someone say they bought all after market.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's ton's of accord's with these, but since there aren't very many accord owners here

Audi TT projectors
Old 01-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dracord)

sickest Retro i've seen is my buddies Ram 2500 Cummins with X5 HID's, i will try to get a pic
Old 01-09-2005, 12:59 PM
too old for school

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (PatrickGSR94)

don't just post pictures of the retrofitted lenses... post pictures of your beam patterns!!!... that is, unless you're afraid of showing off your shitty HID glare.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (Racermech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racermech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the guys that have done the retro, can you also post what set-up you used. I have heard of s2000, bmw, and i though i saw someone say they bought all after market.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The whole point of doing a retrofit is to use OEM HID projectors to get the best beam pattern possible. The only "aftermarket" HID projectors that I know of are like the Hella 90mm and 70mm D2S projectors, but there are probably some cars that use those in their OEM headlights, too.

What you may have seen is people using aftermarket Honda headlights (like aftermarket projectors) and then swapping in some OEM HID projectors in place of the usually sucky halogen projectors.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (ff_terror)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ff_terror &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't just post pictures of the retrofitted lenses... post pictures of your beam patterns!!!... that is, unless you're afraid of showing off your shitty HID glare.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Most of the time that shitty glare comes from the people who use "plug n play" kits in their cars. Properly retrofitted projectors will not cause glare.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (Cjsls)

i should get pics too.. but not many good places to take pics around here...
&lt;- e36 or e39 5 series bixenon projectors here on the gsr
Old 01-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (SHystrdyGSRtdy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHystrdyGSRtdy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i should get pics too.. but not many good places to take pics around here...
&lt;- e36 or e39 5 series bixenon projectors here on the gsr</TD></TR></TABLE>
do it mang....almost nightfall over there. getchur camera and get ready
Old 01-09-2005, 02:47 PM

Please excuse my stupidness!!

Is this the type of thing i need to be on the look out for? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33710

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...36476

From the picture you guys have posted it all seem slike you have some sort of projector. Is this allready inside of my current light, or is this another part i need to purchase. O ya it a 96 teg
Old 01-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racermech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Please excuse my stupidness!!

Is this the type of thing i need to be on the look out for? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33710

From the picture you guys have posted it all seem slike you have some sort of projector. Is this allready inside of my current light, or is this another part i need to purchase. O ya it a 96 teg</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those aren't projectors in the 2nd ebay link.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racermech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Please excuse my stupidness!!

From the picture you guys have posted it all seem slike you have some sort of projector. Is this allready inside of my current light, or is this another part i need to purchase. O ya it a 96 teg</TD></TR></TABLE>

we have gotten another car's projectors ie, audi, bmw, mercedes, etc (something where they come with projectors and hid's from the factory) and refitted (retrofitted) them onto our cars. so what you'll have to do is get new projectors (or used) new capsules (cuz the ones that fit our integras aren't the same as the ones for the new projectors - you need d2s) and you may use what i prefer is hella ballasts... and then go from there.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:07 PM

I thought integra came with those projectors ? whats retrofitting??
Old 01-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EH2_519)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EH2_519 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought integra came with those projectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The 94+ Integra does come with projectors BUT, they are projectors made to use a Halogen Bulb. An hid projector is specifically made to use hid bulbs.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EH2_519 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats retrofitting??</TD></TR></TABLE>
check out these links for the most basic info....
http://www.hidretro.com/faq.htm
this link shows the various hid projectors that can be "retroed" into any vehicle...also it shows pictures of the "cutoff"
http://www.hidretro.com/page20.htm
this one has more extensive info...lots of great info i might add. Also this one has an extensive database of pretty much most Automobiles that came from the factory with hids.
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/
Old 01-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just put Nissan Maxima HID's in my hatch.....i used those because they do not use a "projector" the maxima has a similar set up at the stock EG......meaning to projector lens.....the maxi uses a round head light and well you know the shape of a EG so.....im working on setting the lights so i can get that "HID cut off line" but so far so good.......i will post some pics of the finished product as soon as i clean out the headlights (drilling in them takes its toll.....lol)
Old 01-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: (Cjsls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cjsls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The 94+ Integra does come with projectors BUT, they are projectors made to use a Halogen Bulb. An hid projector is specifically made to use hid bulbs.

check out these links for the most basic info....
http://www.hidretro.com/faq.htm
this link shows the various hid projectors that can be "retroed" into any vehicle...also it shows pictures of the "cutoff"
http://www.hidretro.com/page20.htm
this one has more extensive info...lots of great info i might add. Also this one has an extensive database of pretty much most Automobiles that came from the factory with hids.
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** thanks man .. goes to show that you learn somethin new everyday.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (Madspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Madspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just put Nissan Maxima HID's in my hatch.....i used those because they do not use a "projector" the maxima has a similar set up at the stock EG......meaning to projector lens.....the maxi uses a round head light and well you know the shape of a EG so.....im working on setting the lights so i can get that "HID cut off line" but so far so good.......i will post some pics of the finished product as soon as i clean out the headlights (drilling in them takes its toll.....lol) </TD></TR></TABLE>

ehhh get some shields in there with a quickness, otherwise you will be shooting glare all over the place and blinging everyone in front of you.

Did you ensure that the globe in the D2R bulb is in the same position as the H4 bulb's low beam filament was before?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cjsls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Most of the time that shitty glare comes from the people who use "plug n play" kits in their cars. Properly retrofitted projectors will not cause glare. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Glare can also happen with improperly shrouded projectors, especially if you're putting a projector inside a reflector-based headlight and the light escaping out of the projector can reflect off of the original reflectors.

Also headlights like 98-01 Integra headlights can cause some glare due to the large chrome bezel area directly below the projector. It's not as bad if you paint it black like I did with mine.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I should have my retro done this week....if i don't get lazy....
Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (latindc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by latindc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I should have my retro done this week....if i don't get lazy....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too, I'm in the process right now.

Using:
E46 low only projector
D2S Ballast
D2S Ignitor
4100 bulbs.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HID retrofit club :P (k20whitevic)

please do put the glareguard over it! it does not make your lights any brighter WITHOUT the guards... test it, you'll see.. it's there to just eliminate the glare.. i've seen cars without it... at those times, i wish i were a cop, i'd pull them over and chew them out.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I should be getting my hella e55amg bi xenon's soon. I am not doing the retrofit thou, they have already been fitted by allmotorls. But they will be on my car soon, so I'm joining!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:01 AM

http://illusion-lighting.com/
Old 01-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (makavelli1227)

nice..
Old 01-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Da6rEpLiCaToR)

As you can see, the rear cap allows the bulb connection to stay inside the housing, keeping it away from the weather, with a simple twist of the cap, it comes off allowing bulb replacement. Very OEM.

Quick Reply: HID retrofit club