Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Hi all. 2000 Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 Hi all. 2000 Civic SI

Whats going on guys. I've used honda tech for years for answers and how to's but never got into making an account, so with my next build i thought it would be a good idea interact with the community and get some tips, advice, ect.

I own a 2000 Civic SI. I bought this car because i was in an accident in my integra which was my first car i got when i was 16. i owned it for 3 years. Ill probably get into all that in later post.
i bought the civic the way it sits now. after dumping all the money i did in the integra i couldnt justify doing it all over again, the time, money, stress. but i got over it and now im ready,
this isnt going to be a rushed build. To begin ive purchased a 98 civic ex auto with 154k to daily in the mean time.

The em1 has 212k on the shell. Its clean for the miles, only rust is just bubbling hasnt broken threw just yet on passenger rear quarter. Its got a B16a from hmo, i was told when i bought it the engine had roughly 100-110 thousand miles.
but its burning oil in vtec pretty bad now so im assuming rings are gone and i might as well make it fun while im in there. it still has matching trans, no pops, grinds, shifts smooth. has dc headers and junk exhaust but doesnt sound to rice.
hondata s300 as well. suspension wise its great. wont need to do any major upgrades after the engine is built and dropped in. Its on function and forms and will have no more than 2k miles on them. but in the future i will upgrade. Body wise
i will probably hold off a while before i respray the car. It cleans up nice as it is, just get the engine bay done at least while its all out.

Ive decided to take the turbo route to make some power with. not sure on a HP goal yet. I wanna be able to drive it almost everyday but forsure something that is practical for the street as far as traction and such.

So basically this is the start of a complete over haul... ill leave some pictures below. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

p.s as soon as the tear down begins will probably be my first progress post.
Attached Images