Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Help with a timing belt 07 pilot

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a timing belt 07 pilot

Hi Folks, I'm new here.

Got a problem with a timing belt (have done hundreds of timing belts before so not a novice).

Long story short. Mother in laws car, doing her a favour. 2007 Pilot.

Fitted an after market belt full kit (I always do everything inc the pump never just a belt) was a supposedly good quality one with Aisin pump etc, not the cheapest junk I could find.... Mother in laws car... Enough said, right! Ran fine for well over a year but then the belt failed unexpectedly. I need to swap out the belt to test compression etc (hoping valves are OK) so bought a gen Honda belt this time. Part no is 14400-RCA-A01 which I triple checked should be the right one, shout if you know different!

So what's my problem???? Simple. No direction arrows on the belt. Can anyone tell me why not? Every belt I ever fitted had arrows. The Scooby kit even has lines you align to the timing marks so you know you're bang on!! Can't believe Honda belts are bidirectional..... Anyone able to tell me why I'm being so dim today?

Thank :-)

Last edited by simon123; 03-27-2015 at 10:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help with a timing belt 07 pilot

Originally Posted by simon123
Hi Folks, I'm new here.

Got a problem with a timing belt (have done hundreds of timing belts before so not a novice).

Long story short. Mother in laws car, doing her a favour. 2007 Pilot.

Fitted an after market belt full kit (I always do everything inc the pump never just a belt) was a supposedly good quality one with Aisin pump etc, not the cheapest junk I could find.... Mother in laws car... Enough said, right! Ran fine for well over a year but then the belt failed unexpectedly. I need to swap out the belt to test compression etc (hoping valves are OK) so bought a gen Honda belt this time. Part no is 14400-RCA-A01 which I triple checked should be the right one, shout if you know different!

So what's my problem???? Simple. No direction arrows on the belt. Can anyone tell me why not? Every belt I ever fitted had arrows. The Scooby kit even has lines you align to the timing marks so you know you're bang on!! Can't believe Honda belts are bidirectional..... Anyone able to tell me why I'm being so dim today?

Thank :-)