Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Australian EF8 CRX

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Australian EF8 CRX

hey guys, been a lurker on here for years checking out other peoples builds and how-to's but thought i would finally join up and start posting progress of my jdm SiR EF8 crx build for people to see.

i'm from Adelaide, South Australia, and bought my crx as my first car when i was 16, and i'm 23 now. drove it as a daily to school, work, and university while doing a few basic mods, until a year ago when i bought my jdm Nissan S15 Silvia to take over daily duties and took my crx off the road to start the build.

here is the crx before it came into my possession, found this on the wikicars crx page

after i started messing around with things, basically standard engine bay

skunk2 coilovers and full 2.5" stainless exhaust

then came the Silvia

and this is how the crx looks at the moment

hope to post up some more progress for everyone to see here soon
Old 02-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Australian EF8 CRX

Welcome friend. I have to say that silvia is sexy! Also nice crx. U don't see many that clean. I'm guessing your redoing the car, and engine?
Old 02-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Australian EF8 CRX

Originally Posted by davids93
Welcome friend. I have to say that silvia is sexy! Also nice crx. U don't see many that clean. I'm guessing your redoing the car, and engine?
thanks mate, appreciate it. i've been working on the silvia as well as the crx too, just put a Blitz Nur Spec RX catback, and de-cat pipe in the silvia, but my main focus is the crx when i have spare time.

the crx will be rebuilt bit by bit, so at the moment i've fully rebuilt the b16a with forged bottom end, and will be making a custom tucked wire harness with a quick disconnect bulkhead connector, and respraying the engine bay before dropping the engine back in.
after that's all done and the engine's run in, i'll take care of the bodywork (full respray of exterior and the stripped out interior), and then put some boost into the engine from the td05h 18g turbo i've got waiting. this will probably take me another few years to fully complete as i'm a full time student and wont have too much spare time or money this year