Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your guys help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your guys help

Hey guys I'm kinda new to the Honda game (first one I've owned) and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight. I recently got a 95 eg coupe. Car came with a b20 and gsr head but that took a dump with in the first 8 hours of owning the car. I looked around and found a ls (b18b) short block and sent it and the car off to the mech. The setup as it sits now is:
B18b stock short block
Blockguard
Gsr head
B16 cams
Gt35r knock off
3" DP that ends at the end of the oilpan
Hks blowoff
Tial 38mm
Ramhorn mani
Precision 1000cc injectors
Walboro 255
Cxracing piping 2.5" hotside and 3" cold side
street tuned on chrome at 7 psi

I know ls/Vtec and stock bottom end isn't the greatest combo. I'm trying to find out the most logical/safest psi/power level setting with the stock bottom end and roughly how much power it can turn out with the stock bottom end. I know that tuning make the world of difference. Just trying to get your guys insight. I don't know much about this and I'm new to this platform. I had a 04 SE-r spec v built and boosted a couple yrs back pushing 380-430ish to the wheels. So I'm not a total noob just to ls/Vtec and Hondas. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated still learning more everyday as I go.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Need your guys help

Is the engine healthy? Compression tested at least?

A quick search of the forum would have told you a healthy stock B series should be able to handle 300hp with no problem.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need your guys help

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Is the engine healthy? Compression tested at least?

A quick search of the forum would have told you a healthy stock B series should be able to handle 300hp with no problem.
Thanks for the reply yes it is a healthy engine after the old short block took a dump the head was resurfaced the new short block was completely gone threw with new bearings and everything. I realize searching is my friend and I've searched a lot and still searching just felt like this would be a good idea.