Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2B / F2B FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H2B / F2B FAQ

Have some stuff for sale guys, need it gone asap.

ESP alternator kit
Hasport DC mounts
Clutchmasters Fx300 bseries clutch and H2b Flywheel

Euro R Pulley, Used.

All parts are new except pulley! Make offers, I am in SOCAL if you want to take a look.
Email me at wromeroaces@yahoo.com. Thanks guys, I wasnt able to finish my project.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Trial User

is it possible to do a sc32 hf(with a h22 vtech head)2b swap?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So, Ive been reading and reading and reading the FAQ's and searching the hybrid section like crazy and still have a couple questions:

Ill be doing an F2B with the F20B into an EG hatch using the QSD kit. The car is already B18c swapped, complete all the way down to the OBD2 harness, which should make things a little easier in the long run....

I plan on getting another Kiddracing H2b hytech knockoff (I know its a knockoff, but Im on a budget and it makes damn good power) or the RMF style knockoff from him for the swap, so Ill be covered in that aspect.

Now, in all of the H2b threads Ive seen, we have people machining their crankpulleys and removing balance shafts to get it in the car. I plan to keep the balance shafts, and shouldnt have to machine the pulley at all being as its already a single-ribbed pulley. Now, if I figured correctly, this simply means I have to do more banging on the frame rail, correct?

Now, onto engine management. I have a chipped p28 I will be using to run the vehicle, the only issue Im worried about is that the chip is setup with an H22 program. Will this safely run the motor decently until I can get money aside for dyno time, or will I basically be up a creek until I can afford a tune?

Also, there are quite a few rumors out there as to how rev-happy these F20b's are......how rev-happy? B series rev-happy? 8k+ rpm rev-happy?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Ive done multiple multiple multiple swaps in the past, but this will be my first H2B and this is the only place I could think of to help! Thanks in advance!

-JAke
Old 11-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Trial User

I have a question for you h2b guys...I have my setup in a crx chasiss and Im using the qsd kit...Well im having problems with the flywheel bolts backing out...Im using a cable b16 trans...with a competition clutch stage 4 and an act flywheel......the first time this happened with no warning it caused my motor to lock up and snap a timing belt...well i just got everything back together and this time putting my flywheel bolts in using lock-tight this time...well two days ago i heard noises from my transmission so i pulled the tranny for the second time and the samething is happening again...lucky i caught it in time...well ive done everything to the specs of the qsd instruction manual but just having difficulties with this...I heard alot of great things about this kit but not having any luck...So...please help me out...thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How old is your QSD kit?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Trial User

I think I purchased it in 2008...
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by aspiratedhatch
I have a question for you h2b guys...I have my setup in a crx chasiss and Im using the qsd kit...Well im having problems with the flywheel bolts backing out...Im using a cable b16 trans...with a competition clutch stage 4 and an act flywheel......the first time this happened with no warning it caused my motor to lock up and snap a timing belt...well i just got everything back together and this time putting my flywheel bolts in using lock-tight this time...well two days ago i heard noises from my transmission so i pulled the tranny for the second time and the samething is happening again...lucky i caught it in time...well ive done everything to the specs of the qsd instruction manual but just having difficulties with this...I heard alot of great things about this kit but not having any luck...So...please help me out...thanks
Could have nothing to do with the kit, many people have experienced flywheel bolts backing out on numerous set-ups k's b's etc.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Question...
On the timing belt bolt that bense mentions shortening on the first page...if you are using the manual tensioner setup is there any reason for threading the bolt shorter? Wouldnt you just be able to cut it off above the head as there is no balancer pulley going on there once you remove the balance shafts?

Also, this probably wouldnt be the most cost effective idea but instead of filling the block side of that bolt with a bunch of washers could you just buy a m11x1.25 die and make your own new shorter bolt?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 96 civic hatch with a H22a4 swap tuned on hondata s300 using a p28 ECU. Im thinking bout going H to B now and i need some help on whats all i need to do to get this done. Just to mention i still have my balance shafts installed. I know that i would need a H to B header the B series tranny, clutch, flywheel, axles,starter and that i would need to machine the crank pully and also get an adapter plate with a civic alternator. Do i have to do anything to the wiring harness because of the tranny, alternator or starter?? Do i need to get B series halfshaft and rear mount T bracket? I have the EK/H22 hasport mounts at the moment would i need to get all 3 mounts changed?

please help me out.

thanks
yvette
Old 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

read the first page its all in here.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
crazy mad murdock

I love this thread but some of the initial websites (cam1320) are dead
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do u have to remove the balamce shaft on a f20b
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its dimensionally the same as the h22, therefore everything you have to do to obtain clearance with an H youll have to do with the f20b.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fellas! I'm handi capped, I only have internet on my phone and cannot open multiple pages.

Is there any way of adjusting the timing belt without dropping the motor? Auto tensioner was used, Evo kit in a EG.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would suggest droping ur motor and converting your tensioner to manual. the h series auto tensioner are known to fail under pressure and i dont think you want your timing belt getting loose at the track^
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^true
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right I know my question isnt engine related as such but it is h2b related and im guessing most of the people who know this stuff will look in here from time to time.

I have built an h2b eg civic hatch that im using for honda cup here in new zealand.
Im having trouble finding a front strut brace that will fit. Is there any that will clear the intake manifold off the shelf or will I have to custom make something??

Any info would be great thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nzdm_Eg
Right I know my question isnt engine related as such but it is h2b related and im guessing most of the people who know this stuff will look in here from time to time.

I have built an h2b eg civic hatch that im using for honda cup here in new zealand.
Im having trouble finding a front strut brace that will fit. Is there any that will clear the intake manifold off the shelf or will I have to custom make something??

Try an old school Neuspeed one. They arch up pretty high
Old 07-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great write-up dude. I was just reading about the 89 Civic SiR in Honda Tuning, and saw that he swapped in one of these. I had heard various things about the H2B, and about engine/tranny combos from different engines. So I googled it, and the first thing that came up was this. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nzdm_Eg

spoon or skunk2 works also
Old 08-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So all I need is ???

-B series tranny,axles,shift linkage, an mounts. Ect.
-h2b kit
-An motor
Old 08-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by beantowncoupe98
So all I need is ???

-B series tranny,axles,shift linkage, an mounts. Ect.
-h2b kit
-An motor
Anybody? I'm tryna get a parts list so I can get my money rite for Nex year!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes
Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys. I just finished my F2B swap in my 96 civic. I've noticed a few things that i might have missed or not seen on the forum. I'm having overheating issues, the motor has a new water pump and thermostat. There is no air in coolant system, I've checked twice. I'm thinking my radiator is too small, its currently from a d series. Should i switch to a B series raditor+slim fan upgrade?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ricertek
hey guys. I just finished my F2B swap in my 96 civic. I've noticed a few things that i might have missed or not seen on the forum. I'm having overheating issues, the motor has a new water pump and thermostat. There is no air in coolant system, I've checked twice. I'm thinking my radiator is too small, its currently from a d series. Should i switch to a B series raditor+slim fan upgrade?

yo bro im tryna do this in my ek so i got some questions if u can please answer

did you remove the balance shaft?
do i need the rear T bracket?
what starter did you use?
and what harness did you use?

can you please pm the answers.thanks

Quick Reply: H2B / F2B FAQ