Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread

Hello everyone,

I'm doing an All-Motor buildup, and thought it'd be cool to create a thread on here. It'll be updated throughout the next few days/weeks depending on how much time we have after work each day.

Plans consist of the InlinePRO 2.5L stroker kit, around 13:1 compression, built head.

Everything custom'd by our builder Jeremy Allen "ALLENBUILT" !

GOAL? don't know yet, hoping for a big suprise

Today was Day 1 ( 5/2/06 )

We sleeved a block a while ago, and decided to use that for my project. Today we began work on the block.

Did some milling on the block

beginning of the bore

ready for honing

We should be finished with the honing tomorrow and have the block ready for assembly.

Once its ready, these shiny little babies go in there

I'll be keeping this thread updated everyday/chance i get as progress continues. Enjoy everyone.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

helllllssss ya!
I cant wait to see the finished product AND the numbers!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-auSTIn-)

man, the InlinePro 2.5 is a part i would really wan't to have.

Ive been wanting a 2.5 with ITB's ever since i got this car.

Can't wait to see the progress
Old 05-02-2006, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread (Ya@inlinePRO)

!

Excuse me while I clean up after myself!

All in a days work haha. very nice very nice!

o.0
Old 05-02-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread (x GotBoost x)

As long as this thread doesn't sound like a shameless plug advertisement for inlinepro.

Get some tech info flowing, not only pretty pictures.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey I always wondered what it looked like when they milled ur stuff!

cool
Old 05-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

great Fn thread!!!! i want stoker kit for my gt42r
Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread (Ya@inlinePRO)

Awesome build. Subscribing...
Old 05-03-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread (BlueIntegraBoy)

subscribed. for sheezy.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread (vapor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vapor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As long as this thread doesn't sound like a shameless plug advertisement for inlinepro.

Get some tech info flowing, not only pretty pictures. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Vapor,

Totally understand man, i've been on H-T for years, and i wouldn't want to break any rules. Not much i can post technically so far about the milling and the bore other than its going from 87 to 89mm
Old 05-03-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Re: (Francesco)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Francesco &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man, the InlinePro 2.5 is a part i would really wan't to have.

Ive been wanting a 2.5 with ITB's ever since i got this car.

Can't wait to see the progress </TD></TR></TABLE>

Francesco,

I hope you stay subcribed to this thread, its also on s2ki.com. Its a great motor man, if you just look at the dyno graph of the basic stroker, there is TORQUE EVERYWHERE its not even funny!!

Regardless of what people think, ITB's don't do anything for our motors. If you look inside any race car, they have runners similar to the ITB's, and then they build a plenum around it. The only thing i believe it increases is better throttle response for circuit racing and what not.

We have a k series we have built that made over 300whp NA, and tried it with the ITB's and no power added what so ever. The engine is being put in our NA Drag car, with a intake manifold and not the ITB's.

To me, the ITB's are so expensive, i'd put the money elsewhere. I'm aiming at high 200rwhp, and if i'm lucky i'll break the 300rwhp mark NA! wish me luck guys
Old 05-03-2006, 04:35 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: (Ya@inlinePRO)

I have read on S2KI about your stroker kits having alot of problems? Not saying it is true, but just asking? Has anyone else had any success? What pistons also?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:37 AM

man as soon as I will get my S2000 I will get one of those. Im a FI guys but I want to try a new project !
Old 05-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

almost everyone that i've seen with this setup have had issues.. and redline gets bumped down.. ehhhh..

either way.. once you get the stroker put in.. get some 4.77 gears and call it a day...
Old 05-03-2006, 04:50 AM

Default Re: (papa5murf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by papa5murf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">almost everyone that i've seen with this setup have had issues.. and redline gets bumped down.. ehhhh..

either way.. once you get the stroker put in.. get some 4.77 gears and call it a day...</TD></TR></TABLE>

how many people is everyone? I know of the 2 strokers out there that DID have issues, and they didn't listen to instructions. the one in alabama is still running strong, even though his shop installed it incorrectly. The one is Spain is still running, and the one in Las vegas is still running correctly.

NOT to mention, the one in the white S2000, as much as he bashes the motor, it still runs strong....

If you want you can come by the shop, and we can explain everything to you. Everyone knows there are 2 sides of the story, and i'd be more than happy to explain things to you 1 on 1 vs over the internet. Trust me, there wont be a need to get 4.77's after this setup.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: (HybridHatch88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHatch88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have read on S2KI about your stroker kits having alot of problems? Not saying it is true, but just asking? Has anyone else had any success? What pistons also?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the basic stroker kit with the 11:1 compression require 575 injectors. With these injectors and just the STOCK ECU, it works. One of the issues was someone using different injectors and tried to tune it.

There was an issue down south, where vtec did not cross over, and there was something in the HEAD that was not installed correctly and did not allow VTEC to cross over. After we fixed that for them, it ran and dyno'd the #'s it was said to.

I know there are a bunch of bad stories out there, and my point is to make a good story about it. AGAIN, i'm asking for people to just sit back, relax and see what happens. I'm 100% about this motor being good.

Now with our stroker kit, if its installed at our shop, and tuned there, we will tag a 2 year warranty on the stroker kit and its parts... how many shops have you seen do that. I really don't want this thread to turn into a war, i want it to be a buildup thread for my motor.

I'm asking now to refrain from the negative comments, UNLESS You know its 100% true. If you have something to say, please PM me, and let others and myself enjoy a project i'm working on.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2006, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ya@inlinePRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Francesco,

I hope you stay subcribed to this thread, its also on s2ki.com. Its a great motor man, if you just look at the dyno graph of the basic stroker, there is TORQUE EVERYWHERE its not even funny!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I subscribed last night.

Im also on s2ki, so i will look for the thread there. You guys are somewhat local to me, im in NJ
Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ya@inlinePRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the basic stroker kit with the 11:1 compression require 575 injectors. With these injectors and just the STOCK ECU, it works. One of the issues was someone using different injectors and tried to tune it.

There was an issue down south, where vtec did not cross over, and there was something in the HEAD that was not installed correctly and did not allow VTEC to cross over. After we fixed that for them, it ran and dyno'd the #'s it was said to.

I know there are a bunch of bad stories out there, and my point is to make a good story about it. AGAIN, i'm asking for people to just sit back, relax and see what happens. I'm 100% about this motor being good.

Now with our stroker kit, if its installed at our shop, and tuned there, we will tag a 2 year warranty on the stroker kit and its parts... how many shops have you seen do that. I really don't want this thread to turn into a war, i want it to be a buildup thread for my motor.

I'm asking now to refrain from the negative comments, UNLESS You know its 100% true. If you have something to say, please PM me, and let others and myself enjoy a project i'm working on.

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>
I want this kit as well and im eager to see the numbers when your done. How long do you think it will take? Are you working on it everyday or whenever you guys get free time? I dont know if i should pm you but will the kit work with say a Toda head package and still work as far as clearance and stuff? Im guessing yes.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 AM

Default Re: (JDM knowledge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM knowledge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I want this kit as well and im eager to see the numbers when your done. How long do you think it will take? Are you working on it everyday or whenever you guys get free time? I dont know if i should pm you but will the kit work with say a Toda head package and still work as far as clearance and stuff? Im guessing yes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hopefully less than 2 weeks, Jeremy is putting in OT for me, after his normal work hours to put it together.

And yes, Jeremy has already checked all the clearance for the setup. We actually ordered the Toda TYPE C camshafts to test out along with other custom cams we have ordered. It'll be mated up with our own springs and retainers.

As far as using TODA springs and retainers i'll ask jeremy about that and get back to you.

Modified by Ya@inlinePRO at 12:18 AM 5/10/2006
Old 05-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (-auSTIn-)

Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ya@inlinePRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how many people is everyone? I know of the 2 strokers out there that DID have issues, and they didn't listen to instructions. the one in alabama is still running strong, even though his shop installed it incorrectly. The one is Spain is still running, and the one in Las vegas is still running correctly.

NOT to mention, the one in the white S2000, as much as he bashes the motor, it still runs strong....

If you want you can come by the shop, and we can explain everything to you. Everyone knows there are 2 sides of the story, and i'd be more than happy to explain things to you 1 on 1 vs over the internet. Trust me, there wont be a need to get 4.77's after this setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no need to get defensive bro.. it's just a statement.. and i didn't say everyone.. i said.. ALMOST everyone... and i didn't put you or inline down or your products.. so no need to get aggressive towards me or make asumptions..... however i have not heard of one car with this kit that has run problem free, but then again thats to be expected with the drastic change.....

the guy in spain had major issues with the kit, and i believe he sold it. or he was at least trying to sell the kit.... the guy in alabama had issues to my knowledge but dont' know much about the problems he was having... as the the local car... well there were major issues from the start, but that issue can go to both inline and him.... tuning with a vafc II was the dumbest thing inline and he could have done..... and yes it's running fine now with an ems... but the lackluster tuning with with a vafc II (from what i heard/read inline said it would be fine) was horid....

and just for the record i think the 2.5L kit is a .. and i think inline is a ... so don't think i'm sitting here trying to dog you or inline or this kit, because i'm not... i just believe/think there are things to make it a little more reliable then it is currently...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ya@inlinePRO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hopefully less than 2 weeks, Jeremy is putting in OT for me, after his normal work hours to put it together.

And yes, Jeremy has already checked all the clearance for the setup. We actually ordered the Toda TYPE C camshafts, and their true cam gears. It'll be mated up with our own springs and retainers.

As far as using TODA springs and retainers i'll ask jeremy about that and get back to you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

word! taht is exactly what i wanted to hear as far as the Toda combo goes. I want to use the Toda valve springs and retainers also. Initially i wouldnt see a problem with running the Toda ones with the cams.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Re: (JDM knowledge)

changing other in addition to the stroker kit wont be a good example of power we can expect for one of us to buy this kit, i like the warranty, but does this kit mean that we cant beat on the engine like we are used to, obviosely adding the torque will drop redline, but from the dyno it looks like your cheaper turbo kit dynoed much higher power numbers, like 150 hpmore, for $1000 less.

i recently emailed inlinepro about their stroker kit and got a next day response thanks, but id like to know what the power est would be for the 2.2L.

also i know with the block honda made the walls super thin and reimforced them with some sort of threading system to hold up its integrity, will honing the block compromise the already thin walls?

i was interested in getting this kit, but now that this thread popped up, im gonna watch the build before i make the order. so do the good job u say u have done and u would have a directly linked sale...best of luck, make a great build, and ul have my support.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and the one in Las vegas is still running correctly.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kevin was talking to me about it, he loves it. He convinced me its worth it.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:59 AM
* B A N N E D *

wow never see s2ks getting motor builds! awesome!

Quick Reply: Project All Motor : 2.5 Liter InlinePRO stroker buildup thread