Notices
Honda S2000 Honda S2000

To any S2K mechanics on forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To any S2K mechanics on forum

I have a pretty sweet 2001 Honda S2000 sitting in my garage that I bought from a buddy of mine for a pretty good price. It was recovered from a flood damaged state and brought to california where i purchased it from him. I had problems turning it on and recently found out that the piston rod controller is damaged and will need someone to take apart the motor to fix this. 1st question is how much would it cost me have this fixed. 2nd does anyone in northern california know of a good mechanic that can perform something of ths stature for an affordable price. Thanks for any input.

Ray
Old 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To any S2K mechanics on forum (raysS2K925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raysS2K925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a pretty sweet 2001 Honda S2000 sitting in my garage that I bought from a buddy of mine for a pretty good price. It was recovered from a flood damaged state and brought to california where i purchased it from him. I had problems turning it on and recently found out that the piston rod controller is damaged and will need someone to take apart the motor to fix this. 1st question is how much would it cost me have this fixed. 2nd does anyone in northern california know of a good mechanic that can perform something of ths stature for an affordable price. Thanks for any input.

Ray </TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf is a piston rod controller

this isn't the cali forum by the way...
Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raysS2K925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a pretty sweet 2001 Honda S2000 sitting in my garage that I bought from a buddy of mine for a pretty good price. It was recovered from a flood damaged state and brought to california where i purchased it from him. I had problems turning it on and recently found out that the piston rod controller is damaged and will need someone to take apart the motor to fix this. 1st question is how much would it cost me have this fixed. 2nd does anyone in northern california know of a good mechanic that can perform something of ths stature for an affordable price. Thanks for any input.

Ray </TD></TR></TABLE>

muahahaahahaha you bought a flood car??? you are a moron and your "friend' really pulled one on you amigo.

don't ever, ever, ever buy a flood car. not only is your engine [freak]ed but the wiring on the car will turn to **** once the corrosion starts happening...

wtf is a piston rod controller btw???
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: To any S2K mechanics on forum (joey1320)

Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: To any S2K mechanics on forum (joey1320)

Okay, thanks for all the great help. Does anyone know if proper forum etiquette is required when answering people remarks or should I start blasting people now. Its simple, I don't need your opinion on what I bought and how I should spend my money, now if I did I would never hire a DUMB $&@# like yourself for financial advice. I could have bought the car for a dollar for all you know and can turn it around for $$$$. But this is not the case. Im am obviously not a mechanic but I will get back to you on the ROD controller. All I know is the engine turns but it makes a load knocking noise then turns off. The electrical system is fine. No water residue of any kind is noticable on the car. I don't think this problem is even related to the flood because of the lack of water getting to the engine parts, compenets and what not.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nah, if its making a knock AND a flood vehicle.. ur motor's fcuked. its called hydrolock, how much did you pay? im from SF, i can use a project. unless if you got the car for 3-4000$ like that, you got ripped.

did your friend that sold it to you crank it for you when he sold it to you? if he did, he ruined it. if you're the first to crank it with the ignition, you ruined your motor. after a car's been flooded, you ALWAYS flush the water out first (common sense)
Old 07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To any S2K mechanics on forum (dagle)

actually kind sir, i have hyrdolocked my car before and never had an issue with it. the car automatically shut off before damaging any parts...then once it cut off it wouldnt cut back on. I took the plugs out, vacummed the water out and the motor has been perfect since
Old 07-30-2008, 06:47 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: To any S2K mechanics on forum (dagle)

Water was flushed and we cranked and started it then it started making this noise. I am not interested in selling this car. I can part the car for more than 3k-4k. I got another 2000 s2k waiting with a good engine and transmission for transplant but I dont want to go that route. BTW If you want that 2000 Honda S2K with 53K miles wrecked with salvage title I can send you pics and you can give me your best offer on it. Its perfect for project car.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its making a knocking noise, its rod knock. my best offer? hmm... what kinda wrecked we talking here? nah if ur looking for a best offer u must be thinking its worth something haha. ill pass
Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's funny how you insist you did the right move by buying the car but you have no idea how many problem, future headache and price it need to get it fix.

so the rod controller is busted? if your buddy told you that you might as well be driving an UFO because there's no such thing as rod controller

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReddotsS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually kind sir, i have hyrdolocked my car before and never had an issue with it. the car automatically shut off before damaging any parts...then once it cut off it wouldnt cut back on. I took the plugs out, vacummed the water out and the motor has been perfect since </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have minor case or water induction, hydrolock mean the motor is completely seized.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raysS2K925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Water was flushed and we cranked and started it then it started making this noise. I am not interested in selling this car. I can part the car for more than 3k-4k. I got another 2000 s2k waiting with a good engine and transmission for transplant but I dont want to go that route. BTW If you want that 2000 Honda S2K with 53K miles wrecked with salvage title I can send you pics and you can give me your best offer on it. Its perfect for project car.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

flushed out? how?

cranked with the sparkplug still in?

noise as rod knock? bad idle? misfire? valve hitting piston?

haha i love it when you said you have no intention to sell the car but at the end you sounds like you want to sell the headache because it's way more complex than what you think it is

trust me the car needs more than a good motor, water + electronic=sh-t
Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: To any S2K mechanics on forum (iam7head)

No buddy I said I have a 2001 Honda S2K with the bad engine. And a wrecked 2000 Honda with 53K , mostly front end damage that I was willing to sell. You miss understood it all. But thats okay everyone likes to assume on this forum rather than help.