Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Reverse light wont work on a auto to manual conversion lude

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse light wont work on a auto to manual conversion lude

so I did some research, found out that I need to find a yellow/red and a green/blk wire in the console and cut them and run new wires to the transmission. I found the transmission sensor, cut the 2 wires and ran the 2 wires to the centre console. But now I couldn't find those 2 wires in the centre console that I'm suppose to splice them with... I don't know if anyone could help me out with this. I did some research but they were all honda civic harness. I found the connector that was for the auto shifter but it has more wires. I found a green/blk one but only a yellow/silver one.
Also, I found out that a auto ecu Vs' a manual ecu can be the cause of my rpm jumping non stop from 1200 to 800... Anyone would know about this? and what I should look for? apparently it's something to do with switching a wire in the ecu from 13 to 14... any help on this would be great too.

The reverse lamp one is kind of a rush for me to be able to get my safety for my car to change the ownership
Old 06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reverse light wont work on a auto to manual conversion lude (jeunefred)

join the club. mine dont work either.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Reverse light wont work on a auto to manual conversion lude (jeunefred)

Sorry I don't think I can help without looking at wires...but I would like to know a couple of things: what gen is it? was it a pain in the *** to convert? how much did you spend on it if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:02 PM

alright so after A LOT of searching and reading tons and tons of electrical diagrams, I figured it out. I'll hope my explaining will help others that also would like or already did auto to manual conversion.
First come first, the tools needed,
-phillip screwdriver
-electrical cutters or a knife
-some of those connector things that locks 2 wires together I cant remember the name or simply a few twist and electrical tape, whatever you feel more comfortable with.
Some electrical wire, about maybe 4 meter, give/take

So what you need to do is locate the connectors, if you are in the process of doing the swap it will be even easier.
The first thing to locate is the sensor on the tranny. it's 2 wires, If I remember they are both grn/blk. then you need to take the center console apart (if its not apart already lol) and you need to locate the pin that used to be attach to the auto shifter. (their should be 2 of them, one is 3 pins I think which is also important for something else and the other one is a 12 pins. Should be something like this
[ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ][xxxxxx ][ 4 ][ 5 ]
[ 6 ][ 7 ][ 8 ][ 9 ][10 ][11][12 ]

I found different diagrams on different prelude manuals, but overall they were all pretty much the same thing.
the one to focus on is the No# 9 and 10 which is the current and the power that goes to the rear back-up lights.

this is what you need to do:
Cut both wires on the sensor attached to your tranny, leave about 5 inchs to play with. then take the electrical wire, make 2 long wires, connect each wires to the 2 wires from the sensor.
Then run those 2 extended wires all the way from the engine bay, trough the firewall and all the way to the center console where the 12 pins plug is located. Then, cut the wire 9 and 10 giving you enough wire to play with. the 2 wires should be grn/blk and the other one is yellow, they are right next to each other so that should make it easy. connect those 2 wires to the 2 new wires you just ran trough the firewall.
seal everything, and voila, now, you have back-up lights working everytime you put your car transmission in reverse.

I'm sure there is other home made ways to get around this, but this is the right way to do it. Clean and as close to factory as it gets.

Hope this helps, if anyone needs more info, feel free to add it here or IM me.

(My next mission, to succesfully connect the cruise control)
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone if i can use the flywheel bolts from the auto onto the manual
Old 06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (worx)

ill give this a try. thanks for the write up <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeunefred &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright so after A LOT of searching and reading tons and tons of electrical diagrams, I figured it out. I'll hope my explaining will help others that also would like or already did auto to manual conversion.
First come first, the tools needed,
-phillip screwdriver
-electrical cutters or a knife
-some of those connector things that locks 2 wires together I cant remember the name or simply a few twist and electrical tape, whatever you feel more comfortable with.
Some electrical wire, about maybe 4 meter, give/take

So what you need to do is locate the connectors, if you are in the process of doing the swap it will be even easier.
The first thing to locate is the sensor on the tranny. it's 2 wires, If I remember they are both grn/blk. then you need to take the center console apart (if its not apart already lol) and you need to locate the pin that used to be attach to the auto shifter. (their should be 2 of them, one is 3 pins I think which is also important for something else and the other one is a 12 pins. Should be something like this
[ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ][xxxxxx ][ 4 ][ 5 ]
[ 6 ][ 7 ][ 8 ][ 9 ][10 ][11][12 ]

I found different diagrams on different prelude manuals, but overall they were all pretty much the same thing.
the one to focus on is the No# 9 and 10 which is the current and the power that goes to the rear back-up lights.

this is what you need to do:
Cut both wires on the sensor attached to your tranny, leave about 5 inchs to play with. then take the electrical wire, make 2 long wires, connect each wires to the 2 wires from the sensor.
Then run those 2 extended wires all the way from the engine bay, trough the firewall and all the way to the center console where the 12 pins plug is located. Then, cut the wire 9 and 10 giving you enough wire to play with. the 2 wires should be grn/blk and the other one is yellow, they are right next to each other so that should make it easy. connect those 2 wires to the 2 new wires you just ran trough the firewall.
seal everything, and voila, now, you have back-up lights working everytime you put your car transmission in reverse.

I'm sure there is other home made ways to get around this, but this is the right way to do it. Clean and as close to factory as it gets.

Hope this helps, if anyone needs more info, feel free to add it here or IM me.

(My next mission, to succesfully connect the cruise control)</TD></TR></TABLE>