Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

new prelude?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 11:22 PM
Banned

Location: PUT BACK MY AVATAR YOU FUCKING FAG MODERATORS, canada
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new prelude?

wassup to all you lude owners. just wondering when the new model is schedualed to come out from honda. next year? or in 2? i'm grabbin one fa sure.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-16-2001, 12:52 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new prelude? (mr.sleeper)

I don't think they are coming out with one for a while. Heard it is replaced by the Acura RSX. That would suck because Honda would have no sport car in their line-up except the S2000. Just Accord and Civic as coupe... Although it would be a different story if they bring the Civic and Accord Type-R here. I do know the Civic Si is returning in a year or two. At least some performance there from Honda where many people can afford.
Old 05-16-2001, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new prelude? (mr.sleeper)

The prelude is dead and for the last time the RSX is the replacement for the integra.

Gabe
Old 05-16-2001, 05:49 AM
Trial User

Default Re: new prelude? (Gabe)

OK, now this is the latest news I have from sources within Honda Australia....RSX is replacement for integra, everyone knows that....Prelude is dead in the short term.....S2000 will be killed off in a couple of years.....NSX will come out bigger and better, with a bigger and better price tag......replacement for NSX will be new S2000.....a replacement for S2000? You guessed it, the Honda Prelude.

Talk is of the NSX(NXR, or NRX), S2000 replacemnt and Prelude will all be rear wheel drive, hence the need to kill it off and wait, so people do not assume it is FWD. ALso the three will be Honda sports(racing?) models...problem being that prelude has never been associated with being a sports car, more of a grand tourer/luxury coupe, but it is believed that firstly the name is VERY strong, and secondly, who would pay an S2000 type price for an Integra? This is also a big difference, the fact that all three models will increase in price quite a bit....However, Honda hopes that it will coincide with success in Formula One, as they are very close to buying out the BAR team and running it as a works Honda team...especially with Toyota entering the sport.

The person who told me this is very close to both me and to Honda, both here and Japan, so he would know what his on about...obviously there are a lot of ifs and buts, but that is supposedly the plan...

Realistically it makes sense though....with the new Integra type R pushing quite a bit of power to the front wheels, any engine that would create more would really need to be rear wheel drive (well not NEED, but be preferable)....

Oh and the reason people like redlyne assume it is replacing the prelude is because of the power being pumped out being so similar(and more) to the prelude, well at least in JDM and Australian versions.....

In a way I hope Im right!