Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

code 9/keyless entry prob/stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:21 AM
john d

Default code 9/keyless entry prob/stock radio

did alot of search with the code 9, not really any help besides replace the dizzy. any one else have any insight?

keyless entry and radio prob- could the problems be connected. i also did a search and people just said to get a new one or its fried. im a stero noob so how can i tell if its fried. and somelse metioned to check the internal supply fuse. how do u take off radio casing? the radio worked at the morning on the way to school but on the way back it didnt turn on?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: code 9/keyless entry prob/stock radio (john d)

you must not have searched hard enough. Ive answered at least 4 of these code 9 threads. Gotta meter the 2 and 4 on the dizzy connector. then meter it at the ECU female connector. No reading or reading from one side to ground = dead CYP sensor = new dizzy HOUSING, not entire dizzy.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:38 AM
john d

Default Re: code 9/keyless entry prob/stock radio (98TypeSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98TypeSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you must not have searched hard enough. Ive answered at least 4 of these code 9 threads. Gotta meter the 2 and 4 on the dizzy connector. then meter it at the ECU female connector. No reading or reading from one side to ground = dead CYP sensor = new dizzy HOUSING, not entire dizzy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

need me to explain more in detail ? pics of where or how? what ohms they need to read at?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:52 AM
john d

Default Re: code 9/keyless entry prob/stock radio (98TypeSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98TypeSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">need me to explain more in detail ? pics of where or how? what ohms they need to read at? </TD></TR></TABLE>

itd be greatly appriciated

Modified by john d at 2:29 PM 10/26/2004
Old 10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You need to dissconnect the dizzy, then pull the top half (the male side) of its rubber mount to check these 2 connectors. Get a Meter and set it on ohms ( the omega sign) It needs to read between 260 - 460 ohms. Also, check it from one connector at a time, to a ground source on the body. If it has a reading to a ground source, that means its shorted. If you dont get a reading or it is shorted, you need to replace the dizzy ignition housing.

Next, pull the ECU out, and disconnect this connector.

Meter these 2 spots. Again, you need to read between 260-460 ohms. Again check it to a ground and see if you get a reading. If you get nothing, you have an open in the wire somewhere from the dizzy back in the harness.

I didnt have my keys in the ignition or anything when i checked this stuff on my car. You may have to put your keys in a turn it 1 click to get a reading on the connector at the ECU. Good luck.

If all else fails pull the cap off and if you got red dust and **** in your dizzy, your ignitor is gone.

<U>And someone FAQ this ****!!!!</U>
Old 10-25-2004, 01:23 PM
john d

good write up, will try it out when i get home tonight. anyone know anything about the keyless entry/radio?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:32 AM
john d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98TypeSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

<U>And someone FAQ this ****!!!!</U></TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-26-2004, 06:07 AM

what is the problem with the keyless and the radio, please explain......
Old 10-26-2004, 08:21 AM
john d

Default Re: code 9/keyless entry prob/stock radio (v-technician)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-technician &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the problem with the keyless and the radio, please explain......</TD></TR></TABLE>

basicly they dont work

raido- it doesnt turn on or anything. but the clock and the lil anti theft light flashes

keyless entry- doesnt do a thing when i press unlock/lock on my remote.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:32 PM
john d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

basicly they dont work

raido- it doesnt turn on or anything. but the clock and the lil anti theft light flashes

keyless entry- doesnt do a thing when i press unlock/lock on my remote.</TD></TR></TABLE>