Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Clutch not engaging (new clutch)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch not engaging (new clutch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaywoodz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did an engine swap on my 93 lude, swapped a completely re-built h23 with a drag 4 turbo kit. I used to run around 12 PSI on it, daily driver, and I am now running 15 PSI after we fully tuned it. About 2 months after everything was in the car running good. My clutch went bad, it was a brand new 6 puck. I got the clutch replaced, oh well bad luck. About a month later, another 6 puck went bad (same brand). I thought this was weird.. I soon found out that it was because the tranny fluid leaked out, and over heated the clutch. The clutch turned out to be fine, and we got a new tranny, put it in, and put this same clutch back in. About 3 weeks later, The clutch started to act up. I took it off, and noticed that the inner ring, was completely stripped, and I was amazed as to how that happened? maybe factory defect. I was really upset, so I bought a used ACT clutch that was great in my car, about 20 miles on it when I bought it from a friend. The clutch ran AMAZING in my car, for about 4 months. Today, the clutch went bad again, I haven't taken it apart, but it grinds and won't move when I put it in gear. It acts pretty weird. I can start the car in neutral, with the clutch down, and put it in gear with no problem at all, but when I let off the clutch, it trys to move, then just whines, and makes a grinding sound. The car won't move at all. This really upsets me because I'm in the marines, and we don't get paid very much, and this is my only thing that gets me around back and forth to work and home. I travel home home to virginia from north carolina, almost every weekend, about a 200 mile trip. I rarely put a lot of pressure on the clutch, I don't get down on it very often. I don't go crazy speeds, etc. I could really use some insight about what's going on with my clutch/tranny. There is no reason why I have gone through this many clutches in such a short amount of time (6 months). Can someone please help me? or give me some advice.

Jason Woods </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly what my problem is right now with out the turbo kit, master and slave have been changed and bleed 3 times still happening i can put it into gear and release the clutch and i no engagement... jaywoodz got no answer hopefully i get some replys