Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

My new bike =)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new bike =)

'07 Intense 5.5 EVP in Hot Rod Orange. Hand made in Temecula USA.

'07 Fox 32 Talas RLC fork

Rebound, Compression, Lockout, 100mm 120mm 140mm travel adjust, and blowout adjust.

'07 Fox RP23 shock w/Propedal w/3 position and fine tune adjust, and lockout

MonoLink

'07 Avid Juicy Seven Brakes w/caliper clearance dial, '07 SRAM X-9 shifters, Easton Composite bar and Thomson headpost

Oversized Avid hydraulic front disc and caliper

Avid hydraulic rear disc and caliper

SRAM X-0 rear derailleur

Race Face Atlas machined crank

Virtual Pivot Point suspension. Also shared with Santa Cruz bikes. Absolutely amazing. It really doesn't bob when you pedal.

Intense Spider saddle and Thomson post

Badge

I'll see if I could get my knee down today
Old 10-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My new bike =) (ScareyH22A)

i dont know anything about mountain bikes but that **** is sweet. didn't know they could get all crazy like that
Old 10-08-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: My new bike =) (bustdesenuts)

damn that's an awesome bike! only thing is i don't know if the seat matches that well.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike =) (themann42)

That is one badass bike. Congrats
Old 10-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike =) (themann42)

that's an expensive *** bike.
I'll have to post pictures of my converted fixed gear road bike. $5
Old 10-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: My new bike =) (slvrblckrdRC51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrblckrdRC51 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's an expensive *** bike.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, it probably costs more than some motorcycles on here.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
cthulward

ever take it off any sweet jumps?

(sorry, i had to )
Old 10-08-2006, 01:50 PM
I miss Andrea.

I couldn't justify spending my money on that, but that is cool that you can. Never heard of INTENSE before.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: (Newk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I couldn't justify spending my money on that, but that is cool that you can. Never heard of INTENSE before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just a guess, but you don't know anything about mountain bike, or dowhill racing, either.

Nice buy
Old 10-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: (Newk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I couldn't justify spending my money on that, but that is cool that you can. Never heard of INTENSE before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We don't even know how much it cost, do we?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hotness. Your pedal bike is nicer than the piano bike.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

probably more $ than my motorcycle... sweet.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: (Ross)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

We don't even know how much it cost, do we?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Newk doesn't ever know what he's talking about so why should this time be any different.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RebornGSR)

Intense bicycles are consistantly very expensive. But that's because they are nice.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
len
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike =) (emo_emu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by emo_emu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ever take it off any sweet jumps?

(sorry, i had to )</TD></TR></TABLE>

***! You beat me to it! LoL
Old 10-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Default Re: My new bike =) (len)

So I took it out for my 1st time today.
1st impression is how plush it rides compared to my hardtail. I love the travel adjust on the front fork because when u are about to climb, you just click the dial 90 degrees and the front drops to a manageable height so I don't wheelie off rocks and roots. But I did notice that even tho the front drops to about 100mm, it still really plush which I didn't like for the climbs. My hardtail has a 80mm fork and it's pretty stiff which gives me much more control on those steep climbs.

I think I have a little too much air in my rear shock because I still had about an inch travel left and I noticed it could be a bit plusher.

Anyways, I thought I wouldn't make this one part of the climb because it's pretty hard even on my hardtail but I ended up finishing it with an extra gear left But the Intense definitely wears on you because of the extra couple pounds. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The downhills are just plain soaked up now. I used to have to pick my lines and brake a lot for tons of roots and dips and stuff but now, I just roll right over them.

At the beginning of the ride, I totally forgot about my new brakes so I almost flew into a pond. New brakes don't grab.

BTW, the frame with rear shock costs about $2K. I don't wanna tell you how much the whole bike costs cuz that's just plain embarrassing. I have an expensive addiction here. Motorcycling is expensive but so is cycling. Reborn knows, I think he roadbikes.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
god.loves.ugly

i wouldn't want to get it dirty.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAMN! you have some MAD loot into that thing, but damn it looks worth it. I ride Pretty much everything, I have a Fuji panic, i just put FSA gravity ISIS drive cranks on it, and I have an Avid BB7 180mm disc on the back, and the crappy tektro that came stock on the front, i'm still deciding what i wanna run for a front brake.

You ever go to any resorts i.e. keystone, whistler? I really wanna ride a badass park but i can't convince any friends its worth the trip. Lately i have actually been riding skate parks, which is pretty fun.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new bike =) (rjay8604)

nice MTB!!!! i need to start riding again!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Before I forget...

MSF! Insurance! Gear!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marmaladeboy)

hot x 100

I'm kind of looking for a mountain bike to get my fat *** back in shape. Cant get myself to spend around $2k for a decent one though. I'm trying to find a used Specialized FSR for under $1k used
Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (big pete)

big pete. look on craigslist and mountain bike forums: http://www.mtbr.com/ I've been looking used for a nice front suspension one with disc brakes or possibly the full suspension. Honestly though unless you're doing lots of trails and drops you don't need that so you can save money by just going for front only
Old 10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (big pete)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by big pete &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hot x 100

I'm kind of looking for a mountain bike to get my fat *** back in shape. Cant get myself to spend around $2k for a decent one though. I'm trying to find a used Specialized FSR for under $1k used </TD></TR></TABLE>

There really is no reason to spend more than like $550 unless you're a serious rider, hell even if you're serious you don't need to spend more unless you really want the "excess"

I have $500 into my bike and it is by no means limiting me. A hard tail is fine for pretty much everything, and it very light and simple.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EngineNoO9)

here's the only picture of my bike before it was stolen last winter. Now i ride a $5 garage sale bike that i've converted to a fixed gear.
The MTB was a Klein pulse frame, shimano xt cranks, front derailieur and BB. SRAM carbon fiber shifters, brake levers, and rear derailieur. XTR brakes. Bontrager wheels, michelin wild gripper tires. Marzocchi bomber fork (i think it was like 80mm of travel). CF profile designs riser bar. Selle italia titanium seat. I think all together it weighed 25 lbs. The heavier front fork was nice because it helped to keep the front end down when climbing. The frame was freaking rock solid, and it had rear facing drop outs for added rigidity. I think by the end of it i'd put just over $2000 in to the bike. (There were other parts before these ones).
Hopefully this will be in my future.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EngineNoO9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EngineNoO9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">big pete. look on craigslist and mountain bike forums: http://www.mtbr.com/ I've been looking used for a nice front suspension one with disc brakes or possibly the full suspension. Honestly though unless you're doing lots of trails and drops you don't need that so you can save money by just going for front only</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been using my uncle's Cannondale (I think F500 w/ front sus.) and I feel a full suspension bike would fit my needs better. Most of my riding is up in the hills (mostly trails) and going downhill on a front sus. only bike kind of sucks, espcially on the long trails

Quick Reply: My new bike =)