Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Link to how to build a streetfighter??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link to how to build a streetfighter??

I'm looking for a link on how to build a streetfighter, but i want to build a streetfighter on a lower budget... less than $500

The thing is, I'm buying a ninja250 for a starter bike and I hate the look of the bike and I want to tear off everything ugly..I have never done work on any cycle in my life, besides my dirt bike, and I know nothing of converting my handle bars to dirt bike bars and anything of that sort, and I don't have the money to send the bike to a shop...I can remove the fairings of course, but that is just the beginning..

Any help or critism would help..
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (SmrCRX)

the 250 ninja really isnt a great selection for a streetfighter. get it, ride the hell out of it and sell it and look for a better project bike when ur ready for a bigger cc bike.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i had a 250 for a first bike, you're gonna want a faster bike within a week, trust me. dont spend any money modding the bike.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (taunt_spike)

Well, I am planning on keeping this bike for about 2-3 years if it makes it that long, because of my Gsr turbo engine build, I won't have 6k to spend on a sportbike..

I just want something to ride around on for experience while making it sort of a project with a little bit of money, and I can't stand on how the ninja looks and I'm not spending 3-4k on a sv650 in good shape when I can buy a fairly new cbr for
3-4k wholesale..
--Btw.. please don't comment on my price estimates, just need info

Basically all I'm looking for is a basic link on the steps to building a streetfighter...

I googled as well and found nothing of use...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Hooligan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the 250 ninja really isnt a great selection for a streetfighter. get it, ride the hell out of it and sell it and look for a better project bike when ur ready for a bigger cc bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have no intention on making my (If i owned one) 2003 Cbr600rr a project because it's already a good looking bike, plus I ride for fun, not for race, or competiton...10sec 1/4miles are fast enough for me, i don't need 9...

Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (The Hooligan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Hooligan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow...</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 PM

isnt part of the streetfighter appeal that the bike is how you customized it exactly the way you want, that no two are exactly the same?

seems counterintuitive to look for a guide on how to customize a bike
Old 08-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (Voyage34)

Because it's the hip new thing to do!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (Brian*)

step 1

http://search.ebay.com/search/...gory0=

no one can really help you with this, but I guess I'll try

1. fork mounted headlight
2. cut your stock fairings into a cool new shape
3. get a crash cage (optional)
4. Get a bigga sprocket yO!
5. Start mad' stunin'

IMO a ninja 250 "streetfighter" would be pointless, and you will totally kill the resale value of the bike.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (The Hooligan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Hooligan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Is that how you get 1k + posts?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TypeR864 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">+1</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why contribute if it's not positive critism?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brian* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Because it's the hip new thing to do!</TD></TR></TABLE>
I bet , but why does anyone care what I want to do with my money and my future bike whether it will kill my resale value or not...??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Voyage34 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">isnt part of the streetfighter appeal that the bike is how you customized it exactly the way you want, that no two are exactly the same?

seems counterintuitive to look for a guide on how to customize a bike</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thx for the info...

--Well HT thx for helping, I didn't think my question was that rediculous

Old 08-13-2007, 06:12 AM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SmrCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
--Well HT thx for helping, I didn't think my question was that rediculous
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its one of those "if you have to ask" things...
Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its one of those "if you have to ask" things... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah it's ok, I found what i was looking for..I'm just new to the bike world and I didn't have much money left over for a sv650 so I had stupid ideas for a 250..

Thx for the help..
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM

my "+1" was positive criticism, i was in shock at how someone could be so stubborn. you came to H-T with a question and it was rIdiculous. Streetfighters originated as stunting bikes b/c of the lack of fairings and parts that could break. Making a 250 into a streetfighter replica stunting bike is like making a Type-R out of a LS. Ya it looks the same but its no where near close to the actual thing.

Here's some positive criticism....instead of wasting your money and scrounging to make that 250 a streetfighter, why not just save for another couple months and pick up something that as you put it "already looks cool"?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (TypeR864)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TypeR864 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my "+1" was positive criticism, i was in shock at how someone could be so stubborn. you came to H-T with a question and it was rIdiculous. Streetfighters originated as stunting bikes b/c of the lack of fairings and parts that could break. Making a 250 into a streetfighter replica stunting bike is like making a Type-R out of a LS. Ya it looks the same but its no where near close to the actual thing.

Here's some positive criticism....instead of wasting your money and scrounging to make that 250 a streetfighter, why not just save for another couple months and pick up something that as you put it "already looks cool"?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are cool because you are from mIssouri
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.customfighters.com

Tons of knowledgeable people and lots of info. You can turn anything into a fighter..

Chow you should know better, A fighter is not a stunt bike, even though they may slightly resemble each other.

And what resale value does a freakin 250 have in the first place. Do what you want with it man, you may just grow to like it and keep it once you have it the way you want. There are ALOT of people that will tell you they could outride someone on 250 vs a 600. It all depends on if you REALLY learn to ride the bike to its full potential or not.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The basics needed for a streetfighter have already been touched on:

-fork mounted headlight (tons of them on eBay)
-removed, or modified body work (here is your chance to get creative with a dremel and cut-off wheel)

Streetfighters (back in England in the 1950s) were often wrecked bikes that one purchased on the cheap, and removed the damaged parts so as to make the bike lighter and rideable again for little to no money. This later grew into cafe racing, and bikes being built with aggressive riding in mind (rear-sets and clip-ons became more popular). The streetfighter may have its roots back in post-war Europe, but it is something that anybody can appreciate. Do with your bike as you see fit, and enjoy the build.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (Tornadom)

Thx for the info, it's appreciated
Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (uneek4dr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uneek4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.customfighters.com

Tons of knowledgeable people and lots of info. You can turn anything into a fighter..

Chow you should know better, A fighter is not a stunt bike, even though they may slightly resemble each other.

And what resale value does a freakin 250 have in the first place. Do what you want with it man, you may just grow to like it and keep it once you have it the way you want. There are ALOT of people that will tell you they could outride someone on 250 vs a 600. It all depends on if you REALLY learn to ride the bike to its full potential or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know, I know....a "streetfighter" is NOT a stunt bike. I was just a little confused by his description and wanted to say MaD' Stunin'!. Streetfighter is a term that's thrown around a lot. A true streetfighter really has no rules when under constuction, but essentially is not only taking off your plastics and strapping on a fog light from autozone. It must have personality, character, and one-off or custom made pieces are recommended. That said, in spirit its usually something you build so you dont have to give a **** about keeping the plastics pretty or damaging anything....you 'fight' the streets and take whatever it dishes out without worrying about how much its going to cost you when you do something stupid on a regular basis....aka a "hooligan bike". I cage or sliders are great protection for you frame and motor once you take off those big and heavy plastics
Resale?? yea expletive it, go for it
It could be cool.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:48 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Official Guide to Building a Streetfighter:

Get a bike, and start taking **** off of it.

The end.

Thank you for reading my e-book. You now owe me $3.95
Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (rochesterricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rochesterricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Official Guide to Building a Streetfighter:

Get a bike, and start taking **** off of it.

The end.

Thank you for reading my e-book. You now owe me $3.95</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, that and as many self made parts and custom **** u can do to it
Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 PM

I saw the link someone else posted, followed it, and found this. I think this is exactly what you're looking for. I have a 250 too, and I wouldn't mind making it look a little cooler. The 80's styling isn't doing it for me anymore.

http://www.customfighters.com/...=5965
Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Link to how to build a streetfighter?? (Gotcha)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gotcha &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I saw the link someone else posted, followed it, and found this. I think this is exactly what you're looking for. I have a 250 too, and I wouldn't mind making it look a little cooler. The 80's styling isn't doing it for me anymore.

http://www.customfighters.com/...=5965</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, i saw that one..doesn't look bad at all...
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe search for other builds and see what and how people have done to their bikes to give you an idea of things you could do too.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SmrCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yea, i saw that one..doesn't look bad at all...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL.... isnt that exactly what you are looking to do??