Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Help me Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me Honda

OK so here is the deal. on June 11 of 2006 I purchased off the showroom floor with 3 kms on it a 2004 honda shadow (Saber) but here is the problem, in March of the same year someone else started to purchase the same bike and then his wife told him he was not allowed to purchase it. Well it never left the showroom floor but the warranty started ticking which of course I didn't realise. Well NOW on Friday the 13 of April I registered my bike for the season and low and behold I had a problem with it. I checked my oil and it was full of white creamy fluid. Now my bike is liquid cool exactly like a car or truck is. On a Car or truck a white milky fluid in the oil means that the Coolant is leaking into the oil. Could be a few different problems of course blown head gasket, cracked engin etc... Well I take it to my local dealer to have them look at it and because the bike is not even 1 year old yet I assumed that I would still have a manufacters warranty on it. But even if I didn't because there is not even 1500 kms on it as of yet I should not have to pay out the money to fix it myself. The dealer looks up the bike on Honda.com or whatever they use at the dealerships and he told me that the waranty was off it because of this mess up prior to me buying the bike. I have to wait until Monday to find out what Honda is going to say but I have not been so lucky as of late and I am guessing that I'll be stuck with a bum bike unless I pay out whatever it's going to cost to fix the entire thing. Does anyone have any suggestions at all?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me Honda (loki_bartalby)

Modified by SlowB16si at 11:21 AM 4/15/2007
Old 04-14-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Help me Honda (SlowB16si)

I don't think I am a fool though man. I just want my brand new bike fixed by Honda I spent enough money on it buying it, I should get more then one year out of it. Don't you think?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:39 PM
god.loves.ugly

Does warranty start from date of sale?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Help me Honda (god.loves.ugly)

that is what they are claiming however the sale went through with the other guy and then he didn't take it and voided the sale. HOWEVER according to Honda it was sold to this guy prior to myself. Even thought it never left the dealership floor.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 PM
god.loves.ugly

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by loki_bartalby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is what they are claiming however the sale went through with the other guy and then he didn't take it and voided the sale. HOWEVER according to Honda it was sold to this guy prior to myself. Even thought it never left the dealership floor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well do you still have all the papers that you had to sign when you bought it, because that will have the date and info on the dealer printed on it, i would take it to the same dealer explain the situation and see if they can help you. Should be a lot easier than you're making it out to be.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:10 PM

that would be ok if I lived near them. in Aug I moved 6 hours away from that dealership. this dealership called that one and they confirmed that the story was correct but it is still in the computer system for Honda that the warranty started in March not June when it left the lot. I just hope that when Monday rolls around everything will work out for me.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

help me honda help help me honda

help me honda YEA get her out of heart

couldnt resist
Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Help me Honda (Mag00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mag00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">help me honda help help me honda

help me honda YEA get her out of heart

couldnt resist</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lol you are awesome. Good luck gettin your bike fixed mang.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:30 PM

i understand where your coming from but check your coolant level. if it good change your oil and filter. put some miles on it. change oil +filter only if coolant looks good. oil may do that if to much put in or a lot of short runs.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Help me Honda (3Dcycle)

really? If that's the case then I will be overly happy. I have it sitting at the dealership now so if Monday rolls around and Honda will not accept warranty then I'll do that. Thank you for the info. Maybe my luck ISN'T so bad if that is the case.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:35 PM

so I went to the dealer and they checked it out. It seems that there is no more white creamy fluid in the oil. They started it and let it run for a bit then checked the oil. They are thinking that maybe it was due to a little moisture in the oil. It had been sitting for about a month before I started it again. I am REALLY happy about this let me tell you. Now that I have it in there I am jsut getting a tune up done on it. I am a happy camper again, I can ride again real soon.