Notices
Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

Cons and pros of 2007 cbr1000rr

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cons and pros of 2007 cbr1000rr

I apologize in advance if this discussion is already been discuss before. I'm about to purchase 2007 cbr1000rr and if wonder why this year is because the only 1 I can afford after buying a cash car. Long shot story, sold my bike, big huge mistake and miss it couple hours after I sold it. 2 weeks later here I am looking for another bike. For 5 years I have owned a 2005 gsxr1000 a very lightweight with power to weight ratio made it into one of the best bike ever created. I know that the 2007 cbr weight about 90lbs more.

Gsxr cons: vibrate a lot, clutch not as great, sometime it won't start but I think that's because my pc3 probably going bad.

Cbr cons:.....????
Cbr pros:.....????

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
All the bike I have owned: 99 r6, 03 gsxr 1k, 05 gsxr 1k.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:21 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Cons and pros of 2007 cbr1000rr

The CBR will likely be more refined and comfortable than your Gixxer was, at the expense of not being quite as fast at the limit. Although the speed difference might not be all that noticeable on the street, depending on how responsibly you ride.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
derp resistant

the 07 cbr was known for electrical problems. coming from a gsxr, you will be pleasantly surprised at how much easier it is to work on the cbr than your gixxer, but you will miss the way your gsxr handles and how much smoother the power delivery is.

honestly, as far as supersports go, i think the pinnacle of bikes before all the rider's aids came into play (abs, tc, active suspension, etc), the 2007 gsxr 750 was the pinnacle of the analog motorcycle. but thats just my informed opinion.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
the 07 cbr was known for electrical problems. coming from a gsxr, you will be pleasantly surprised at how much easier it is to work on the cbr than your gixxer, but you will miss the way your gsxr handles and how much smoother the power delivery is.

honestly, as far as supersports go, i think the pinnacle of bikes before all the rider's aids came into play (abs, tc, active suspension, etc), the 2007 gsxr 750 was the pinnacle of the analog motorcycle. but thats just my informed opinion.
Care to elaborate of what kind of electrical issues?

I like to go to canyon ride, how is cbr handle on this? The only reason I asked, got couple cbr rider on the group sometime and I can blew pass them all times
Old 04-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to motorcycleusa.com and search for 2007 cbr1000 reviews and then also search shootouts vs the other liter bikes, lots of good info, reviews, road test
Old 04-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by UA6 BALLER STATUS
Go to motorcycleusa.com and search for 2007 cbr1000 reviews and then also search shootouts vs the other liter bikes, lots of good info, reviews, road test
Went there before I posted on this forum however it's not users pros and cons is just a review based on race track. I want an honest review from rider that have the bike and what issues do they have and such
Old 04-16-2016, 08:00 PM
derp resistant

Originally Posted by Michael Njato
Care to elaborate of what kind of electrical issues?

I like to go to canyon ride, how is cbr handle on this? The only reason I asked, got couple cbr rider on the group sometime and I can blew pass them all times
i had tons of cbr's come in to the shop when i was working as a tech. they would usually come in with fried stators due to bad rectifier/regulators. ive seen connections to the ecu being faulty and throwing FI codes over nothing. ive heard of solder in wiring harnesses being too close to the exhaust from the factory and shorting out, and thats a can of worms you do NOT want to open.

not to say gsxr's dont have problems either. ****, i had to replace my r/r with a mosfet one because it was draining my battery and wouldve probably fried my stator if i didnt catch it as early as i did, but overall i just think suzukis are more reliable than honda motorcycles. i also base this on worldwide output.honda makes tons more bikes worldwide, so they're goiing to have a larger set of problems from people, but i also think that suzukis are a million times easier to work on and are just better bikes all around
Old 04-17-2016, 05:18 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i had tons of cbr's come in to the shop when i was working as a tech. they would usually come in with fried stators due to bad rectifier/regulators. ive seen connections to the ecu being faulty and throwing FI codes over nothing. ive heard of solder in wiring harnesses being too close to the exhaust from the factory and shorting out, and thats a can of worms you do NOT want to open.

not to say gsxr's dont have problems either. ****, i had to replace my r/r with a mosfet one because it was draining my battery and wouldve probably fried my stator if i didnt catch it as early as i did, but overall i just think suzukis are more reliable than honda motorcycles. i also base this on worldwide output.honda makes tons more bikes worldwide, so they're goiing to have a larger set of problems from people, but i also think that suzukis are a million times easier to work on and are just better bikes all around
Thank you for the honest opinion and I will definitely keep an eye on those issues. Purchased the bike yesterday and there are couple things that dealer need to get it fix first since I noticed there was a leak on water pump and coolant area. Will get the bike back this Thursday or Friday. Is the wiring close to the muffler or is it to mid pipe? I wonder if covering the wiring with heat shield will prevent that