Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Upholstery/ Seat repair

im in.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thicker bolster fabric is key once they go its all down hill! Im more careful sitting In my itr seats than I am holding a baby!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by easy_vtec
Thicker bolster fabric is key once they go its all down hill! Im more careful sitting In my itr seats than I am holding a baby!
Heh heh, I'm the same way when I get into my CRX. <--stock unripped seats
Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well from the factory Honda did NO backing foam on the seat covers. My design will obviously change this. Along with being slightly more comfortable. Fabrics have come a LONG way in 20 years so it will definately be more durable. However, an honest question here. Would you guys rather pay a little bit extra for me to pick a higher grade material or would you rather me keep it at a good mid grade fabric and keep your costs down? Also, I'll need to know when I order thread, are you guys interesed in visible stitching? If so I need a few inputs on colors. Obviously red goes without saying.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I prefer a higher grade of material, because of long term wear.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I prefer whatever looks most like OEM. I've seen some recovered seats and aftermarket fabrics just stick out like a sore thumb (in my eyes).
Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would prefer better matterial along with hidden stitches
Old 09-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TJChad
Hahah its just time right now. If everything goes to plan I should be getting my house Oct 6
Alright then. Get your house and then get out upholstery wishes fulfilled :-)

Be back
Oct 6

By the way you got any pix of previous work?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well from the factory Honda did NO backing foam on the seat covers. My design will obviously change this. Along with being slightly more comfortable. Fabrics have come a LONG way in 20 years so it will definately be more durable. However, an honest question here. Would you guys rather pay a little bit extra for me to pick a higher grade material or would you rather me keep it at a good mid grade fabric and keep your costs down? Also, I'll need to know when I order thread, are you guys interesed in visible stitching? If so I need a few inputs on colors. Obviously red goes without saying.

If your work is good...wouldn't mind paying
Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump....

What's the status on the upholstery? :-)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got my house, should be moving in all of my things next week and then i'll try to get started on a sample seat for you guys to take a look at
Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HELL YEAH! Ok first off as far as material goes you should give people the option of what to use but honestly for your over head/cost effective needs I would stay mid grade. Next as far as thread for stitch I vote yellow ( kill me later every one ) I got this design for my seats in my Rex that is killing me to get done. If you need design options give me your email so I can send you pics of my current seats and a idea of how I want them to look, either way if you can pull them off they would be good templets for people to base there design off of.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you'd like you can email me and we can work something out. As for the materials, obviously once I get my templates made and rolling I will be able to have a particular style that is "close" to stock that should be ready to ship when people want them if I can keep up. However, any custom options are also welcomed, obviously the design and materials will dictate cost. We can always talk on the side though. My email is Cburnum@gmail.com
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you'd like you can email me and we can work something out. As for the materials, obviously once I get my templates made and rolling I will be able to have a particular style that is "close" to stock that should be ready to ship when people want them if I can keep up. However, any custom options are also welcomed, obviously the design and materials will dictate cost. We can always talk on the side though. My email is Cburnum@gmail.com
Get some images asap, bud!

Looking forward to your work!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know its hard but be patient with me. I promise I havent forgotten about you guys. Things with the house hit a snag with the VA appraiser ect ect so my closing got pushed back and other things. I'll get it up as soon as I can, I promise.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

subscribed...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DADLIHonda24122
subscribed...
X2 waiting on pics bro .
Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's working guys promise. Just be patient with me, the house has been an enormous hassle thanks to the VA. But, it's close to being ready. I'm talking with a couple suppliers to try to put together some sample books ect that I can look through. Those sample books are damn expensive though so i'm trying to find one where I can get us all a good deal to keep cost in a reasonable range. I'll keep this updated as the steps progress though.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking forward to this.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huge Huge disappointment that this thread is 3 pages long, with NOTHING in it. Is this seriously a question OP? let me sum it up quickly for you:
-If you have even the SLIGHTEST experience in the EF community, you already know the answer is yes, people will buy them up.
-As with ANY product in the world, people want a good product. Nobody wants you to make cheap seat covers that will deteriorate faster than the factory covers (that kinda defeats the whole purpose doesnt it?)
-Don't rape on prices and you wont have problem.
-Obviously stock appearance is the best choice. If the past 10yrs of the EF scene havent proven time and time again, nobody likes aftermarket appearance mods as much as factory.

I understand its fun to have a hot topic on here, but you should probably have gone ahead and got started, and then posted a thread with pics to hype your product and generate a buzz, and release the seats soon after while the buzz is up and people are ready. Tons of people, like myself, will see this thread, and never come back. Im not gonna come back and scroll through a couple more pages of "kewl dude yea I'd buy that" to see if you actually did anything.

If I were you, I'd make SiR, VT, 1.5x style seat covers.

Might I add, for the record they do already make aftermarket seat covers that are somewhat similar to SiR/VT seats, and have made them for years.

I have a brand new upper seat fabric in the bag from Honda, if you'd like any kind of measurement or anything as to how exactyl it came from the factory unstretched, let me know I'd be glad to help if you actually do this.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be extremely interested if you can make a seat cover identical to the SI seat covers for hatch's
Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by G0crxG0
Huge Huge disappointment that this thread is 3 pages long, with NOTHING in it. Is this seriously a question OP? let me sum it up quickly for you:
-If you have even the SLIGHTEST experience in the EF community, you already know the answer is yes, people will buy them up.
-As with ANY product in the world, people want a good product. Nobody wants you to make cheap seat covers that will deteriorate faster than the factory covers (that kinda defeats the whole purpose doesnt it?)
-Don't rape on prices and you wont have problem.
-Obviously stock appearance is the best choice. If the past 10yrs of the EF scene havent proven time and time again, nobody likes aftermarket appearance mods as much as factory.

I understand its fun to have a hot topic on here, but you should probably have gone ahead and got started, and then posted a thread with pics to hype your product and generate a buzz, and release the seats soon after while the buzz is up and people are ready. Tons of people, like myself, will see this thread, and never come back. Im not gonna come back and scroll through a couple more pages of "kewl dude yea I'd buy that" to see if you actually did anything.

If I were you, I'd make SiR, VT, 1.5x style seat covers.

Might I add, for the record they do already make aftermarket seat covers that are somewhat similar to SiR/VT seats, and have made them for years.

I have a brand new upper seat fabric in the bag from Honda, if you'd like any kind of measurement or anything as to how exactyl it came from the factory unstretched, let me know I'd be glad to help if you actually do this.
I understand your point exactly. The initial point wasnt at all to simply create a "hype". I fully inteded to have this completely setup by now but things with my house didn't work out smoothly as I had hoped and there is nothing I can do to speed it up. I truely do apologize to you guys for the delay but i'm working the issue, I promise.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I might be interested in this given that the covers are a very good reproduction of the OE covers and that they're available in blue for my '88 CRX HF.

My other options right now are get a new seat (my driver bolster and seat back is pretty much beyond repair), swap to black seats or get a new seat and reupholster them both.

It's very frustrating to see all these black seats for sale but the blue ones are so hard to come by.
Originally Posted by rbwdriven
You have to keep in mind a couple of things.

1. si seats different from dx.
2. 88-89 seats different than 90-91
3. crx seats different than hatch
4. wagon seats different
5. sedan seats different.

But I'm in.

I could never get a good answer from other thread with pictures etc.

As long as reasonable.
Anyone have any clue on if certain years have different patterns or anything?

I managed to find blue CRX seats for my '88 (was even told they were from an '88 iirc), but the center section pattern was totally different!
Originally Posted by easy_vtec
Agreed!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any update on this?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be interested as long as I still have my Si. If you were able to do the covers quickly, I'd be willing to pull one of my seats out of my car so you could take measurements and make your patterns. I'm just at Lake of the Ozarks so we are not far apart...

Quick Reply: Upholstery/ Seat repair