Notices

Problem with brake booster... need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with brake booster... need help asap

alright.. i am having major problems with my brake booster.. I have a 89 honda crx si with the b16 swap in it... which doesnt mean anything for the braking system... it has an oem brake system on it... one of the things i have left to upgrade... but here is my problem.. i have replaced the master cylinder, brake calipers, pads, ect... everything but the booster... well i finally came to pick my car up from my dads house and bring it back to myrtle beach where i live and i bought a new brake booster and installed it and thats where the problems begin... the booster is sucking to much vaccum... when the brake pedal is not pressed in the motor idles terrible and then when you press the pedal in it starts to take th vaccum and the motor idle properly but then the pedal has a life of its on... i mean you can here a vaccum leak or something going on... so i went and got a digital caliper to measure the master cylinder push rod and the booster push rods and low and be hold when i tried to put a vaccum to the booster... which the manual says to measure the push rod on the booster with a vaccum of 20 in hg and then im suppose to measure the pushrod... well i tried to put a vaccum to the booster and it wont take a vaccum at all... i know the hand held vaccum tool works cause it will put a vaccum to other things... so i am just guessing that i got a bad brake booster from the store... i dont know.. please let me know what you think... now i will tell you that when i applied the vaccum to the booster it wasnt on the car.. but i dont think that should matter.. please help me if you can... i am suppose to take the car back to South Carolina tomorrow.. and ive been working on the car for the past 12 hours... so any information will be extremely grateful...

Dudley
Old 06-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Problem with brake booster... need help asap (dhiltibidal)

Get another booster!

did you buy a rebuilt unit or brand new?