New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions?

The orginal story, pics and all can be seen here:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1784653

Well since I havent gotten a chance to work on it in several weeks i finally got a weekend to put it back togeather and nothing has changed. I have installed a new clutch, throwout bearing, replaced , tightened and alligned the rod and throwout fork. It seems to be making the correct range of motion , and i compaired the actual adjustment movement to my friends crx, and it seems correct yet i am still back where i started before i touched it.

The problem i am having is after all of that, new clutch, and new cable i can not seem to get any peddle pressure. when we adjust it where it should be, the clutch catches right off the floor, if we adjust it to where it catches almost 1/2 way up, there is no threads left on the clutch cable adjustment and the throwout bearing is riding on the pressure plate.

what else is there for me to check? I have compaired it between the old and new cable, same results, pulled the motor out prob 2-3 times today checking to make sure everything was ligned up. I have checked under the dash making sure everything was still hooked up, and to see if the pedle was seperating from the rest of the bracket but it looked right.

I am running out of options here, i feel like i have tried eveything i can think of but nothing is working. Please give me some things to check before i light it on fire and push it into the river.

Hopefully this isnt too hard to read, im about to fall asleep and i have been working on it all day with no luck so im kinda frustrated.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions? (stockcrix1616)

a bent clutch pedal?
Old 11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions? (STDClayton)

you checked if the spring on the pedal is there?
Old 11-25-2006, 05:57 AM

Default Re: New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions? (jackinthetrunk)

i dont know how the clutch pedle could have bent, but i willd ouble check it, today and the spring is still there.

where does the clutch pedle assemble usually tear away from the rest of the assembly?
Old 11-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions? (stockcrix1616)

Yeah my clutch pedal broke a couple days ago. It breaks where the shaft mates to the gas pedal bracketing. You can follow it by locating the nut on the left side of the clutch pedal and follow the shaft of the clutch pedal where it meets the gas pedal bracket if its broken it would have torn out.
Get back to us on that.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bent clutch pedle or bent cable bracket on tranny or bent throwout bearing arm, have you tryed to shim the bracket on the tranny up just to see if thats the problem?
Old 11-25-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Re: New clutch, cable, everything checked, still no peddle pressure. Sugestions? (spun Vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spun Vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bent clutch pedle or bent cable bracket on tranny or bent throwout bearing arm, have you tryed to shim the bracket on the tranny up just to see if thats the problem? </TD></TR></TABLE>

the pedle dosent seem to be bent, and neither does the bracket on the tranny. the throwout bearing piece is cast and i figured it would crack, or break before it bent.

with the motor and trans outside of the car, you can grab the lever that the cable attaches to and it moves pretty much 1/2 way or more up before it hits the clutch diaphram, and then it takes just a little bit more to compress the clutch. I dont think it shoud have that much movement from the bottom, till where it touches the clutch.

The shaft the throwoutbearing attaches to looks pretty beafy and looks like it would take a lot to bend. It just seems like there is something that isnt pulling the correct distance. I will check the things yall mentioned and try to get back with you tonight. Just my luck my 00 powerstroke diesel started leaking fuel pretty bad and im out of spare cars.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

status?