Notices

Keep blowing parking light fuse.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keep blowing parking light fuse.

Well i was driving home and my light were fine, later on i noticed it kinda dark and my cluster tail lights clock ect. went out. Pulled over look at the number 8 fuse oh easy just blew. Replace it go to turn switch and pop again. Basicly it pops everytime i click the light switch to position 1. I checked all plugs and bulbs there all good. I got the whole inside car ripped apart just cant seem to find what it is.

If i put a 30 fuse in it the front lights well come on bright, but the tails are very dimm and the fuse gets hot. ALso the fuse wont blow. Though i know its not safe to put a 30 in it so i took it out.

ALso i check the number 8 fuse socket and for some reason when i put my volt meter on it its gets power and ground. Like I put both prongs on each side of the fuse and it will have power. But any other fuse does not get power cause the fuse is just a + and you need to ground the - prong to the chassic in order for it to read volts. But this socket reads power like it has a negative and positive. Any idea PLEASE HELP. I cant even go to work.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Keep blowing parking light fuse.

I would start checking the wires because you have a wire that has fused with a positive and when you put the 30amp in there it doesn't draw enough to blow the fuse thats why it gets hot.

Start tracing the wires from your parking lights because you def have a short/fused wire somewhere.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 3 crx went thu the same problem, and i 99 percent sure, is the wire in the radio, theres a wire sitting by the radio area. when u turn your light on it give power, when u put after market radio, if u don't have that wire tape up, (first crx i installed the radio myself, and the other 2 i bought it that way), that wire touch the body of the radio, and short it out.
it may not be the case, but thats a common problem, here's what u can do to test it if its not the case. use a old chevy blinker (silver round metal look like a relay, or may be is a relay i don't know) wire 1 wire on each leg, so total of two wire coming out, then put the wire in the fuse that keep burning up. what happen it over heat the relay and it'll click off, then the relay will cool off, then re make the connection itself again, so it give u time to find the short. thats how i find the short on the radio the first time, oh that wire, i think its orange. i hope this help
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Check all the wires going to your running lights there is probably a bare one grounding out and blowing the fuse
Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crxb16a90
i have 3 crx went thu the same problem, and i 99 percent sure, is the wire in the radio, theres a wire sitting by the radio area. when u turn your light on it give power, when u put after market radio, if u don't have that wire tape up, (first crx i installed the radio myself, and the other 2 i bought it that way), that wire touch the body of the radio, and short it out.
it may not be the case, but thats a common problem, here's what u can do to test it if its not the case. use a old chevy blinker (silver round metal look like a relay, or may be is a relay i don't know) wire 1 wire on each leg, so total of two wire coming out, then put the wire in the fuse that keep burning up. what happen it over heat the relay and it'll click off, then the relay will cool off, then re make the connection itself again, so it give u time to find the short. thats how i find the short on the radio the first time, oh that wire, i think its orange. i hope this help
same thing happened to my crx, finally figured it out
Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WIll check the radio harness in a few. Any moar ideas?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

could be a bad bulb......
Old 08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok it was not the raido harness. Also i took the loom off of all the wires and did not see any shorts. Also I unplugged the tail lights and front blinkers and it still blowing fuses. It pising me off so bad i just want to burn my ****ing car. Could it have to do with anything on the fuse box?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i took apart the whole dash, unloomed every wire from the dash to the front lights and the tail lights. COuld not find it. Everything looked fine. So i put it all back together and put a fuse in and it work. God was i happy. So i went for a test drive and what ya know POP! So i go home put a new fuse in and it works again so i go around and punch every light and the right tail light when i hit it blew the fuse. SO i took it all apart (not hooked up) and it still blew! So i said **** it and go to put it back together and accidentally touch the license plate plug wire and it was HOT! So i unplugged it and put a new fuse it and went for a ride! Finally after 2 days it works it was the license plate wiring the whole time! Im so happy...
Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
New User

You may have a chaffed wire someplace making an interrmittent ground .
Old 08-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, glad u fix it, but next time use that chevy blinker relay trick, save u so much time to find the short.