Notices

just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck?

I just ordered a b16 from hmotorsonline, and i'm kinda worried about getting it off the truck. I got it shipped to a local car shop, but the shop doesn't have a forklift or anything, the only thing they got is a dolly. My worry is that they aren't goign to have any way of getting it off the truck. What have you guys done?
Old 02-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (PhatHardy)

get a couple guys to carry that **** off the truck..that's what me and my friends did a couple times...we loaded and unloaded a 99 b16, motor and tranny, off my 84 toyota pickup...its not that heavy for a couple of guys, its just hard to hold it correctly...or you could always take it the easy way and go rent some equipment
Old 02-09-2003, 01:45 PM

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (CLICC916)

so you think a couple of guys could get that thing off a semi and into a pickup? I dont' know how heavy it is but it's the complete swap so, i'm just worried we aren't gonna have a prayer.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (CLICC916)

if the engine is attached to the tranny I'd say four guys will have no problem. We pick up engines all the time with just three guys.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (beta13)

it'll be on a pallet, weigh around 350 pounds.

i wouldn't worry about it.. How is the shipping company going to deliver anything if they can't get it off the truck themselves.

Old 02-09-2003, 02:06 PM

I don't know how heavy it is compared to a B18A, but me and my frend lifted engine and tranny by ourselves off of a lifted pickup truck and down about 20 stairs with few problems. just back your truck up to the other one, or they might have a lift gate that will make it tons easier.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (Peters1983)

just a couple friends and you'll be fine. my girlfriend and i alone put my z6 in the back of a wagon and then unloaded it again.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (serious)

They will most likely have a lift gate on the truck thats delivering it so if anything they could move it to the gate and then lower it to the same height as the pickup's bed and then just scoot it over. The shipping company will most likely have something to move it around which would most likely be a palet jack so they will be able to move it to the edge for you. If worse case they dont have a lift gate on it you could most likely use a engine hoist in the back of the pickup to get it off. But most likely it will and they most likely have a pallet jack as well.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck?

they'll have a lift gate and pallet jack. dont worry. and if u are worried. get more people. me and my brother carried it. we bought from hmotorsonline too. but i went and picked it up. put it in a mini van. hehe

jus today took it to 8000rpm. OMG ive missed it so much.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

by the way. how much did you pay? longblock? or full swap?
i wanna see if i got a deal
Old 02-09-2003, 03:37 PM

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (escocrx)

Me and the guy I bought mine from unloaded it from the truck. Just the two of us.
3 guys and it would be a piece of cake.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:59 PM

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (Wes d)

I got the entire swap, including hasport shiftlinkage, hasport mounts, and hasport subharness and shipping and payed with visa all for the low price of 1925, and i needed a electronic vss for my gsr gauge cluster and he threw that in for 25 bucks, steve was pretty cool, but i guess he should be since i just threw down 2 grand. I ordered it on monday he said it usually takes 10 business days, that means i'll get it on another monday, i hope it only takes 9 because i want to install it a weekend sooner oh well, i'm glad that it isn't a hard task to get it off the truck, i was really worried about that.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:04 PM

He included all that Hasport stuff plus the motor/trans/ecu for 1925?
Old 02-09-2003, 04:13 PM

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (Ef *****)

you better believe he did, I made him, i took him by the arm and twisted it real hard, and then he gave in. just kidding, he will give you the same deal, it's on his website!
Old 02-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don`t know who they sent to whereever you guys got yours from but this guy pulls up in front of my house in a 18 wheeler and says " so, how you gonna get this off my truck". i looked up and said "your not gonna help" f***ing union guys suck azz. he finally acts like "well if i get hurt someone will have hell to pay" .i told him just to slide it to the edge of the trailer and i would handle it . sure enuff he did just that and then sat on his fat azz the rest of the time . i rolled my engine hoist out to the road and pulled my lawnmower out there with my craftsman dump trailer hooked up to it . i hooked onto the motor and lifted it off the truck and set it on the trailer. no sooner than i did that he slammed the door and was off before i could start the mower up .i hate the union. buncha lazy f**ks.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (biggdogg)

mine was delivered with a liftgate
Old 02-09-2003, 06:26 PM

see, i'm kinda worried about what happened to biggdog happen to me. I mean what if you wouldn't have had anything except your body to get the engine off the truck? Would he have left? Would he have just taken it back to the warehouse or what?
Old 02-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (keebler65)

Me and 2 friends unloaded my B16 off of a pickup. It wasnt bad at all. Just today we unloaded a Dodge 318 out of the same truck. That motor took 4 guys. Heavy *** domestic motors!
Old 02-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (Losrockeeto)

my motor was on a pallet in a van, we had two 4x6's and a strap and pulled it off that way. then when we got to the edge of the boards, we carefully lifted the motor and slid it the rest of the way down, then I just pulled it with the straps into my garage.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don`t know who they sent to whereever you guys got yours from but this guy pulls up in front of my house in a 18 wheeler and says " so, how you gonna get this off my truck". i looked up and said "your not gonna help" f***ing union guys suck azz. he finally acts like "well if i get hurt someone will have hell to pay" .i told him just to slide it to the edge of the trailer and i would handle it . sure enuff he did just that and then sat on his fat azz the rest of the time . i rolled my engine hoist out to the road and pulled my lawnmower out there with my craftsman dump trailer hooked up to it . i hooked onto the motor and lifted it off the truck and set it on the trailer. no sooner than i did that he slammed the door and was off before i could start the mower up .i hate the union. buncha lazy f**ks.
my front clip came in a smaller truck like a moving van size truck had a lift gate was real nice about it and all edi shipping took 14 buissness days from hondamotors got a dented up hood the wrong fenders but he replcaed the hood descent guy i guess oh well
Old 02-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (JdMB16Ahatch)

A phat what are going to do to your b16 before droping it in?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

coo. i paid 487 w/tax for my longblock. didnt need the whole swap. jus a replacement motor for the b16a1 i killed already.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:17 AM

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (escocrx)

I dont know about that liftgate thing.I drive for an ltl company and any time we deliver engines to shops or homes we get them to the back of the trailer with a jack and the customer takes it of the truck.Lftgate service is extra(45-85)dollars depending on weight.Just my .02cents.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:58 AM

When my b16 came from hmotorsonline the delivery guy was real cool. He asked me where I wanted it and he did the rest. He used the lift gate and a pallet jack and I was set.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck? (91civic)

When my b16 came from hmotorsonline the delivery guy was real cool. He asked me where I wanted it and he did the rest. He used the lift gate and a pallet jack and I was set.
and the thing is it gets shiped to a port of some sort then they pick it up whereever in philly for me then they take it to the house or whereever so i duno how it works else where but im pretty sure steve uses the same company hes been using

Quick Reply: just ordered b16 but how do i get it off the truck?