Notices

JDM Stanley Clear Corners

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Stanley Clear Corners

I was interested in getting the JDM Stanley clear corners because they're not cheap lookin like the APC ones. Will they fit right into a US civic hatchback, or do they have to be modified? Here's a picture I found of a set:

Old 07-17-2002, 10:16 PM

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (OldSchoolHatch)

Almost positive they'll fit without modification. Gotta love that black housing.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:32 PM

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (EF'n Fast)

I used to have some. (ordered EF8 ones and they sent me EF9's) We tried to fit them on my frinds civic and they are not direct bolt on. You will have to do a little modifacation to get them to fit.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:38 PM

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (CR-X)

[img]//www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p5a34e905f71ae7d9f8250601d83e0eb6/fd855790.jpg[/img]

Black housing?

[Modified by drunken jdm monkey, 7:38 AM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-17-2002, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (drunken jdm monkey)

EF8 ones fit with no problem on CRX's
EF9 ones fit with no problem on Civic Hatches.

No modificiation needed. The only difference is the outer part of the clear corner does not have a reflector piece or a bulb. Its blank unlike the USDM/APC Counterpart copies.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:42 PM
New User

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (MugenEF7)

I'm thinking that whatever problems have been had must be from 88-89 not fitting directly with 90-91 (EF8 and EF9 are these styles). You just have to order the right year jdm stanleys for them to fit perfectly. I would have EF7 stanleys, but EF9s were shipped with my EF7 headlights, so I sent the corners back. They were all out of the right ones, so I'm still rockin usdm corners.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No modificiation needed. The only difference is the outer part of the clear corner does not have a reflector piece or a bulb. Its blank unlike the USDM/APC Counterpart copies.

yeah that would be wrong (the part about no modification needed).

CR-X knows what he's talking about. ive personally had 3 sets of jdm corners (90-91 style for ef hatchback) and none fit right on either my car (91 civic hatchback cx) or my friends 90 si hatch, neither of which have ever had front end damage. they're not FAR off but they certainly dont fit as well as stock. the hole to bolt them in place does NOT line up. we ended up having to slot the hold about 1 cm with a dremel and bend the plastic to get them in place (and no its not wise to run them without bolting them in place... i've had the torn out wiring and scratched up fender to prove it). also they seem to leave a larger (maybe 3-5mm larger) gap between the corner and headlight and also the curvature of the corner seems to be different (it kind of sticks out slightly beyond rather than following the bodylines as the stock corners do).

im not on here trying to bust on people (although all those fuggin south park characters do **** me off) but people need to speak from experience not from assumptions.

*** disclaimer i have no experience with 88-89 style corners (civic or crx) nor with 90-91 style crx corners so they MAY fit just fine.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (tylerspec)

i had a pair of 88-89 crx corners. they didn't fit my civic. so i sent them back to the guy and got 88-89 civic corners. they fit perfectly, except for the fact that they don't have the side marker lights. marty is correct on this one..at least from my experiences.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:14 AM

Unless JDM is different, this picture is of a 90-91 set right? Can anyone tell me if they look like EF8 or EF9, for the crx or hb? Tylerspec, if the EF9 ones don't fit the 90-91 hatchbacks perfect, do you have any pictures of how they look? In your opinion, would it look better with these fitting the way they do or the cheap APC clear corners?
Old 07-18-2002, 07:38 AM

Default They also...

... have one hole for a bulb where as USDM version has 2 holes.

PEACE!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTEyeah that would be wrong (the part about no modification needed).

CR-X knows what he's talking about. ive personally had 3 sets of jdm corners (90-91 style for ef hatchback) and none fit right on either my car (91 civic hatchback cx) or my friends 90 si hatch, neither of which have ever had front end damage. they're not FAR off but they certainly dont fit as well as stock. the hole to bolt them in place does NOT line up. we ended up having to slot the hold about 1 cm with a dremel and bend the plastic to get them in place (and no its not wise to run them without bolting them in place... i've had the torn out wiring and scratched up fender to prove it). also they seem to leave a larger (maybe 3-5mm larger) gap between the corner and headlight and also the curvature of the corner seems to be different (it kind of sticks out slightly beyond rather than following the bodylines as the stock corners do).

im not on here trying to bust on people (although all those fuggin south park characters do **** me off) but people need to speak from experience not from assumptions.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you guys should ALL stop buying and recieving the wrong parts for YOUR cars and maybe they would fit. JDM Corners compared to the USDM corners are the SAME in size. USDM Civics need EF3 Corners not EF9 Corners and USDM CRX's need EF7-EF6 Corners not EF8corners. For those with SiR front end swaps then the EF8/EF9 ones would fit.

IF they all dont fit correctly without modificiation, then I must have hit a fairy that blessed me and 3 other cars to fit 100% perfectly.

Fits like a glove.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:21 AM

I'm talking to a guy with a set on the internet, but he doesn't know exactly what they're from. Is there any way to identify the EF3 or EF9 ones for 90-91? By the way, that's his picture up top.

[Modified by OldSchoolHatch, 5:21 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm talking to a guy with a set on the internet, but he doesn't know exactly what they're from. Is there any way to identify the EF3 or EF9 ones for 90-91?
EF3's have two holes on the side.
EF9's dont have two holes.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man..i am thinking that those corners pictured are 90-91 CRX corners.

being as that the guy i got mine from sent me crx corners instead of civic, then sent me civic replacements, i have indeed seen both sets, and here's the difference..you can tell it's for CRX if the two screw holes are almost straight up and down, as opposed to a Civic set that has the bottom screw further back then the top one. here is a pic of a CIVIC set. i would be able to tell for sure if i saw the back of those corners.

like i said, i'm pretty darn sure that since the ones in the pic don't have holes they are 90-91, and since the rear edge is almost a straight line top to bottom they are for CRX.

[Modified by SuperCivic, 2:24 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude i dont care if you have 3000 posts and i have 150 and i dont care if you get my *** banned for this but your *** is wrong and im pissed today so im gonna sit here and quota ya until you see it.

first you said this:

No modificiation needed.
then you proceeded to say this:
Maybe you guys should ALL stop buying and recieving the wrong parts for YOUR cars and maybe they would fit. JDM Corners compared to the USDM corners are the SAME in size. USDM Civics need EF3 Corners not EF9 Corners and USDM CRX's need EF7-EF6 Corners not EF8corners. For those with SiR front end swaps then the EF8/EF9 ones would fit.

IF they all dont fit correctly without modificiation, then I must have hit a fairy that blessed me and 3 other cars to fit 100% perfectly.

Fits like a glove.
so now i need EF3 (or EF6/7 for a crx) pieces? but you just said EF9 fits with no modification.
and while im here ill tell you (i assume you care since you bothered to said EF6/7) that from my experience EF3 corners should be identical to EF1 and EF2 corners

ok then you say this and i got no other option but to assume you dont know what you're talking about
EF3's have two holes on the side.
EF9's dont have two holes.
88-89 has 2 holes on the side
90-91 doesnt

there's no way to tell 90-91 EF3 pieces from 90-91 EF9 pieces as far as i know (ive never knowingly had 90-91 EF3 pieces which according to you would fit perfect... (although according to you so should the EF9 pieces) to make a comparison)

now im not denying your corners fit just fine. especially since your car is 88-89 and the 88-89 jdm front end is IDENTICAL to the usdm piece. i wouldnt be surprised if 88-89 civic corners fit just fine as well but as far as im concerned 90-91 is a different story.
from what i know a large percentage (actually every one that ive ever seen) 90-91 jdm civic had the "EF9 / SiR style" front end. it came or at least was available on all 90-91's. i've never seen a jdm civic with the 90-91 usdm front end. have you? if you have then ill be surprised. now given that the jdm 90-91 front end has a different hood, different headlights, different bumper skirt (thing below the headlights), different rad suppourt, and different bumper i wouldnt be suprised to find out that the curvature/mounting of the corners on the fender was slightly different which would account for my experiences.
and no asking for EF1/2/3 pieces is not the solution... as the EF9 style front end was also available on all those cars in 90-91

ill try and take some close up pics of my corners to show this better although my camera is a piece so i dont know how good it'll turn out but im just trying to give you guys some facts rather than opinions.
MugenEF7 if any of the people you mentioned have a 90-91 hatch with the usdm front end and are using jdm corners (90-91 style) without modifications THEN you can tell me im wrong but im talking from experience here.

edit: and for the original poster id have to say that if you want clear corners on your 90-91 hatch to still go with the jdm pieces (provided your not paying a grip for them) slotting the holes isnt the toughest thing in the world and the fit isnt THAT bad... to me its still worth it to have them appear the same as my headlights despite the slight misfit/modification/and gaps. haha now that i think about it i really dont know why im arguing about this **** all this jdm hype just pisses me off

[Modified by tylerspec, 9:09 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (SuperCivic)

easiest way to tell the difference between crx and civic corners is from the end that meets your fender

civic corners slant like this
___
____\

while crx corners have more of a slant like this
____
___/

its easy to see if you have one next to the other to compare

to tell 88-89 from 90-91 is simple... 88-89 has 2 bolt holes visible from exterior. 90-91 has no mount holes visible from the exterior instead it has one tab with a hole, accessable only by popping the hood

Old 07-18-2002, 02:27 PM

Could someone please explain exactly what EF7-EF9 stand for? Please!? What year/model does EF7 stand for and so one, EF8, EF9? Please explain them all!? Also which JDM headlights can u use w/USDM hood, fenders, corners, bumper, which headlights would still work, or do u always need the hood and so on? Like the CRX above (the gray one), beautiful CRX by the way, what headlamps are those? I would really appreciate if someone could help me better understand everything, thank u.

Martin

PS - MUGENEF7, which headlamps are u using and could I get a pair for my 90 Hatch STD? Thanks.

[Modified by Maryland90Hatch, 11:29 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 04:08 PM
New User

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (Maryland90Hatch)

civic corners slant like this
___
____\

while crx corners have more of a slant like this
____
___/

its easy to see if you have one next to the other to compare

to tell 88-89 from 90-91 is simple... 88-89 has 2 bolt holes visible from exterior. 90-91 has no mount holes visible from the exterior
instead it has one tab with a hole, accessable only by popping the hood
Nuff said. Ok now to say some more:

EF8 is a 90+ SiR CR-X in Japan. EF9 is a 90+ SiR Civic in Japan. These are the designations generally given to all 90+ jdm headlights/corners/bumpers/tails. These years are different that usdm parts, you need the hood, rad. support, bumper, etc... to run these headlights and bumper lights. The tails will bolt right on, though, and I thought you could run these corners in your 90-91, though there is some debate.

EF7 is a ZC-powered CR-X in Japan. I think this chassis code still existed after 89, but it is the designation generally given to jdm headlights/corners/bumpers/tails for 88/89 model years. These bolt right up to usdm cars. I think EF3 is another Civic hatch code, and there was an EF6 in Super Street a while back (single-cam jdm CR-X). Either way, the 88/89 stuff bolts right up (you just need the headlight brackets and a little re-wiring to use the headlights, but everything bolts up and lines up).

Hasn't this been said a thousand times already? Feel free to flame and correct me where I'm wrong.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:54 PM

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners (gutted spec)

These are the ones that I was sent about a year ago. I ordered EF8 corners (at the time when I still didnt know much about JDM. And as I can see, I still dont. )

As you can tell, those are for Civic not a CRX. So I have recently sold them. But in the mean time while I had them I was planning on selling them to a local. I took them to him and we tried to fit them on His 90-91 Hatch. They would not go on. I have heard and been told that you need to do slight modafication or have the JDM fenders. Well he was not up for that so I took them back and have sold them to a fellow HT member about 3-4 months ago.

Nuff said. Ok now to say some more:

EF8 is a 90+ SiR CR-X in Japan. EF9 is a 90+ SiR Civic in Japan. These are the designations generally given to all 90+ jdm headlights/corners/bumpers/tails. These years are different that usdm parts, you need the hood, rad. support, bumper, etc... to run these headlights and bumper lights. The tails will bolt right on, though, and I thought you could run these corners in your 90-91, though there is some debate.

EF7 is a ZC-powered CR-X in Japan. I think this chassis code still existed after 89, but it is the designation generally given to jdm headlights/corners/bumpers/tails for 88/89 model years. These bolt right up to usdm cars. I think EF3 is another Civic hatch code, and there was an EF6 in Super Street a while back (single-cam jdm CR-X). Either way, the 88/89 stuff bolts right up (you just need the headlight brackets and a little re-wiring to use the headlights, but everything bolts up and lines up).
I'm going to have to agree. Well said.

[Modified by CR-X, 9:19 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

enough arguing with your dumb ***.. if your not up to the JDM hype then dont give recommendations to people if you have no expereince points by them. EF9 and EF8 corners DO fit on USDM cars without modifications. OBVIOUSLY if your using civic corners they arent going to fit CRX's. DuH ! Well anyways. IF you match up the car to its intent it will fit. EF3/EF9 to Civic Hatch's. EF6/7/8 to CRX's. NO MODIFICATIONS. I have pictures to prove on both EF9/EF3 corners with USDM headlamps on Civics. EF6/7/8 corners on USDM CRX headlamps.

Forget the two screws or not. If you have the older models 88-89 obviously you need the screws. All others must use the ones above. ENOUGH SAID.

**** you all, Get the conversions and stop being cheap.

Yes im being cocky but thats to respond to the puns intended to all your idiocracies.

**** you all, IF you were all into JDM **** you would know. IF you dont get the **** off the bandwagon already.

P.S: Flame on me all the **** you want. You can all suck my dick for all I give a ****, **** yeah im being a dick, away from my normal nice norm. Its retards like many of you that **** me off. Those who take offense to the word RETARD then your one of them. **** you have a nice day.

[Modified by MugenEF7, 10:15 PM 7/18/2002]
Old 07-18-2002, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude just speak from experience thats all im trying to say

the original question was will the jdm corners fit right in or will they need to be modified, along with a pic of a set of 90-91 civic hb corners. you said they will fit with no modification. if you have pics of them fitting then thats nice. have you ever done it yourself? obviously not or you wouldnt be on here saying they fit w/o modification
im not saying you need to break out the bondo but you need to slot the holes and they dont fit as good as stock pieces

its kind of sad that dropping a ton of cash on some mugen **** makes you an expert
maybe if i bought 5 pairs of mugen wheels itd help me know whether or not a set of fuggin corner lights fit onto my car... or i could walk 25 feet to my garage and see that they dont. or i could drive a couple km's to my friends house and look at his 90 si and see that his dont fit perfect either

now maybe you want to go look at your 88-89 crx and see how nicely they fit but i dont see how that has anything to do with 90-91 jdm civic corners not fitting perfectly

im done w/ this post.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

arguing with you is like arguing with a retard diagnosed with down syndrome.

90-91 corners do fit perfectly onto Civic Hatch's
88-89 corners do fit perfectly onto Civic Hatch's

its retards like you guys who try to fit crx corners onto civics.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 PM
CRX God

Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners

Pretty sure he has a thread on facebook looking for them as well.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: JDM Stanley Clear Corners

13 year old thread