Notices

how do you run your bucket seats/harness?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you run your bucket seats/harness?

well my bride giass is being shipped and ive been doing some research on how to setup my harness and im having trouble, i have the automatic seat belts so how would i attach my harness on the sides since most harness' use the existing seat belt holes, and how would i also attach it in the rear? i want a harness bar but no one seems to make a "affordable" one for the 89 crx? would i have to create my own or is there a company that makes them? and i know there are "universal" ones but they attach to the pillar mounted style seat belts not the automatic, thanks for looking
Old 07-15-2008, 08:04 AM

Default Re: how do you run your bucket seats/harness? (trevorjohn88ef)

i would of got a rollbar before i even thought about seats or harnesses but thats just me. I would suggest the 4 pt Autopower rollbar and you can mount/wrap the harnesses on the roll bars harness bar.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do you run your bucket seats/harness? (90HondaCRXSi)

what about the floor mount? could i just mount the seatbelt to the bas eof the seat bracket?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Ldo
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trevorjohn88ef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about the floor mount? could i just mount the seatbelt to the bas eof the seat bracket?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Be careful with mounting the harness. The top connection needs to be close to your shoulder height or the harness will actually crush your spine in a frontal crash by pulling downward. That's why the harness bar is suggested. Without a roll bar, a harness will actually strap your upper body to the seat during a roll-over and the roof will come down on your head! I suggest Just stay with the stock seatbelts for now 'til you get a proper roll bar.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do you run your bucket seats/harness? (Ldo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ldo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Be careful with mounting the harness. The top connection needs to be close to your shoulder height or the harness will actually crush your spine in a frontal crash by pulling downward. That's why the harness bar is suggested. Without a roll bar, a harness will actually strap your upper body to the seat during a roll-over and the roof will come down on your head! I suggest Just stay with the stock seatbelts for now 'til you get a proper roll bar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do you run your bucket seats/harness? (NlCK B)

well i no about the shoulder thing i was trying to find a good way to mount the sides actually and if any one new of a place that sells or makes harness bars
Old 07-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trevorjohn88ef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i no about the shoulder thing i was trying to find a good way to mount the sides actually and if any one new of a place that sells or makes harness bars</TD></TR></TABLE>
they're called rollbars or rollcages.

ioport is your best bet. roughly $350 for a four point rollbar with harness bar.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do you run your bucket seats/harness? (Driven)

yes and they also make harness bars if you dont want to run full cage, but on a car with normal set belts not automatic they harness for the lap belt would normally attach to the existing seat belt location but since my belts are automatic and the buckle is connected to the seat i dont have any bolt holes