Notices

Ebay steering wheel + hub kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay steering wheel + hub kit

Anybody using one of these on their car? My wheel is shitty and can't find any good condition replacements in the yards and won't spend a ton on this thing. I'll probably just wait until I find one in the yard, but want to hear if anyone has any experience with them.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ebay steering wheel + hub kit

Originally Posted by wanabebuff
Anybody using one of these on their car? My wheel is shitty and can't find any good condition replacements in the yards and won't spend a ton on this thing. I'll probably just wait until I find one in the yard, but want to hear if anyone has any experience with them.
I like mine its a NRG 2.5 quick release hub with a NRG drift style steering wheel never had ne problems only down side is that you wouldnt have an air bag
Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mini_eg_monster
I like mine its a NRG 2.5 quick release hub with a NRG drift style steering wheel never had ne problems only down side is that you wouldnt have an air bag
I agree, I like the nrg products, however, they're a little too expensive for what I am willing to pay for this car. The Ebay kits are like 50 bucks. I don't have an airbag either, so that's not an issue.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If its the RS Sport wheel for like $25 or whatever its junk.. I bought the car with it on there. The screws kept coming out the hub going down the road.. Flat junk imo.. Don't know the name brand of the hub but all i recommend is buyer beware..
Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Touching My Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't go cheap on the only thing that keeps you in control.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had a cheap one also awhile ago, the bolt kept falling out on me too, didnt use any threadlock though, also if you wanted to you grab the wheel and literately fold it in half if you wanted its that cheap, go for quality or leave stock
Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all of the insight, every Ebay type product i've gotten has always been a piece of ****. I am going to some different junk yards tomorrow, so hopefully I can find a goods condition Honda wheel. The cheap prices on Ebay are just tempting.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I vote 3rd gen prelude wheel... Looks good bolts right in.. and mine has some buttons for cruise control... which is something I really wanna do in the not too distant future..

AND I only paid $17 at the local boneyard.. Can't beat it..

Last edited by LSx Envy; 02-02-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im using an ebay wheel with no problems after 1 1/2 years ...except for the fact that the cheap piece of **** hub had to be shimmed to keep from wobbling and the anodization is fading but what do you want for 75 bucks
Old 02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wanabebuff
Worst idea ever... You get what you pay for and why would you pay for something that's going to potentially get you killed... Watch this video for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SMxB4RpCDzA

Originally Posted by CRX-Kid11
i had a cheap one also awhile ago, the bolt kept falling out on me too, didnt use any threadlock though, also if you wanted to you grab the wheel and literately fold it in half if you wanted its that cheap, go for quality or leave stock
He's not lying, look at the video.

Originally Posted by .Manny.
Don't go cheap on the only thing that keeps you in control.
Agree 100%
Old 02-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i used to have a cheap setup like 7 years ago before all you see is fake steering wheel setups.. i paid like $125-150 for everything back then and I had no problems with it, but now I'm not sure if the quality is the same or worse... you do get what you pay for. just buy your wheel hub/qr used.. ive bought a hole setup used for about 150-175.. now I have a $220 steering wheel.. just save up a little and get some quality parts.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nooch
Worst idea ever... You get what you pay for and why would you pay for something that's going to potentially get you killed... Watch this video for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SMxB4RpCDzA

He's not lying, look at the video.

Agree 100%

Originally Posted by Stunna MIKE
i used to have a cheap setup like 7 years ago before all you see is fake steering wheel setups.. i paid like $125-150 for everything back then and I had no problems with it, but now I'm not sure if the quality is the same or worse... you do get what you pay for. just buy your wheel hub/qr used.. ive bought a hole setup used for about 150-175.. now I have a $220 steering wheel.. just save up a little and get some quality parts.
Thanks guys, its not that I don't have any money to pay for this ****, it's just that if i bought a sweet/wonderful/top of the line set up and dropped like 300 bucks on it, it would literally be more than 15% of what I payed for the car....

You guys talk about the steering wheel like it is the most sensitive and dramatic piece on a car and if you don't have a top of the line perfect one, I'm going to get killed. No offense, but, that's a little dramatic. The wheel that is on this bucket now is terrrrrrrible, I still don't understand how some ****** can monkey fist the top of it so badly to where it is worn down to the metal, but I still manage to drive it around safely.........

However, @Mike, I agree my man, I will definitely keep my eyes out for some used stuff, if I can find a good deal on a nice used wheel and hub, i might not be able to resist picking it up. Especially if the junkyards keep sucking like they have been lately.

Again, thanks for all of the input on the ebay garbage. The cheap prices have lured me enough, but I think I am going to pass on it and wait to find either a nice Honda wheel or like most have suggested, just pick up a known good quality brand set up.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 dollar hub
20 dollar ball bearing quick release
20 sterring wheel

No issues after a year