Notices

Full Race traction bar, caster angle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Race traction bar, caster angle?

Hows everyone doing? Here's my situation:

I have an '88 CRX with a B16a motor. I'm sure the car was in an accident sometime in it's life, and result of that, the caster angle is pretty screwed up. The driver's side has more postive caster angle, while the passenger side has more negative caster. Common on these cars. It's make the car pull to left slightly. I have a camber kit, and the toe angle is setup good. My last CRX had a really good caster setup.

Anyhow, someone locally is selling a Full Race traction bar, and after looking at the FR traction in person, it looks like you could slightly alter the caster angle. So that's my question. Is it possible to slightly alter the caster angle. Any adjustment would prolly help my car greatly. Any info would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Full Race traction bar, caster angle? (MikeFabRex)

I would buy a used cradle from the junkyard from a car hit in the rear. It sounds like your rear, or front, or both cross members are bent. Replace them and it should fix it for way less than a traction bar setup.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Yes, good point, I'm pretty sure the front one is slightly bent because it's a b!tch to bolt up. Generally the front crossmembers bolt on easily on any other CRX I've touched. I figured now would be a good time to upgrade to a traction bar. The price he's offering is very hard to pass up. So I just wana know if I can slightly adjust caster angle with the traction bar..? Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it man!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (MikeFabRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeFabRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^Yes, good point, I'm pretty sure the front one is slightly bent because it's a b!tch to bolt up. Generally the front crossmembers bolt on easily on any other CRX I've touched. I figured now would be a good time to upgrade to a traction bar. The price he's offering is very hard to pass up. So I just wana know if I can slightly adjust caster angle with the traction bar..? Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it man!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, if the price is right buy it, they are a good peice. Replace the rear cross member too though. My car was crashed once too, and it was bent slightly where the LCA bolted in. It was hardly noticable. It is probably causing your problem.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CRXBart)

I would replace both the front and rear crossmember . you can alter the caster angles slightly by shortening the insert that goes in the large bushings in the front crossmember.