Notices

full DOHC ZC head help/question part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: fountain inn, sc. where they still rock banjos on porches, usa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full DOHC ZC head help/question part 2

well let me start w/my questions oh i did do research on here, which gave me a a bunch other question. let give a back drop on my problem before i ask question.

i just bought a complete ZC DOHC head for $20 from a friend cause his wife kept bitching getting rid of all his old parts. so i scored women are evil. lol. j/k. now i have complete zc head, w/im, tb, fuel rail, and injectors. now i really don't know anything on this matter. so i did research. i have a link:
http://www.d-series.org/forums...47496

now i've been thinking of going with matting a zc dohc head on a d16a6 block, but not going turbo; all-motor itbs.

i have answers for some of my questions but i just need a reassurance on them.

i have a set of PM7 pistons if i mate the zc w/a a6 block and used the pistons will i have a clearence problems and what would be my compression?

can i put a sohc D-motor header on a dohc zc or the B-motor header?

are there any aftermarket im like sk2 for the zc?

if not on the aftermarket im could i use a zcspeed plate(http://www.zcspeed.com) to use run an aftermarket im?

the reason i ask about the zcspeed plate is if i can used a zcspeed plate on a the zc head to run another im which should be able to run TWM itbs on the head?

now here's the zinger question.

i was told that i would be able to run a 92-95 Dx ODB1 distributor w/the head since i will considering converting to ODB1. it will elimate the cam postion sensor since the ODB1 distributor has it.

now could i use a billet cam seal to cover where the cam postion seal?

as for cams i've readed a mixed review on crespo cams, i'm not worry about cams and pnp job.

and finally if you know a link or someone that has done this type of build or work can you link me to the site/thread.

thanks

remo
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Rainman

Default Re: full DOHC ZC head help/question part 2 (remoer)

Im sorry, but with these questions you are asking, you will never get this frankenmotor to run, let alone be reliable for more than 1 start up.

This is pointless, and a waste of money to do the machining you will need.

I have also researched this idea, and it is an entirely POSSIBLE, but entirely UNRELIABLE way of putting a motor together. Good luck. You will probably
be the second person to actually waste ther time doing this.

Holy cow.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Rainman

Default Re: full DOHC ZC head help/question part 2 (SIred91)

The B header is useless to the D head.

There is NO aftermarket intake manifold for that motor, unless you use the adapter plate from ZC speed.

Or you could buy this from me:

The only one of its kind in existence.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: full DOHC ZC head help/question part 2 (remoer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by remoer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
now i've been thinking of going with matting a zc dohc head on a d16a6 block, but not going turbo; all-motor itbs.</TD></TR></TABLE> why not just get a DOHC ZC block? - don't know anything about this - just saw it, but if the block is good, not a bad price at $50:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a set of PM7 pistons if i mate the zc w/a a6 block and used the pistons will i have a clearence problems and what would be my compression?</TD></TR></TABLE>you won't have a clearance problem and the compression ratio will be the same as a DOHC ZC

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i put a sohc D-motor header on a dohc zc or the B-motor header?</TD></TR></TABLE>SOHC D-series header will bolt right on, although the ports in the ZC head are about 3mm higher on the head in relation to the mounting bolts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are there any aftermarket im like sk2 for the zc?</TD></TR></TABLE>JG Engine Dynamics makes one, but i am not aware of any others

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if not on the aftermarket im could i use a zcspeed plate(http://www.zcspeed.com) to use run an aftermarket im
the reason i ask about the zcspeed plate is if i can used a zcspeed plate on a the zc head to run another im which should be able to run TWM itbs on the head??</TD></TR></TABLE>possibly, have not tried Skunk2, but do know that a D16Y8 will fit - i do not believe that TWM makes ITBs for D-series - they do make TBs that replace Weber carbs on a TWM Integra D16A1 carb manifold

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was told that i would be able to run a 92-95 Dx ODB1 distributor w/the head since i will considering converting to ODB1. it will elimate the cam postion sensor since the ODB1 distributor has it.</TD></TR></TABLE>you were told wrong - the 92-95 DX distributor will not bolt onto the DOHC ZC head - you need OBD1 DOHC ZC distributor TD43U

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now could i use a billet cam seal to cover where the cam postion seal?</TD></TR></TABLE>use the cam plug from a B18A1

Modified by jlicrx at 1:20 PM 7/14/2007
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

waste of money? hmm, thats up to me or how deep my pocket is.

the guy that did do it is running 8.3:1compression for turbo. now as i was talking to me he stated to run PM7 slugs. and i'm just wonering id i'll get 12.1:1 compression.

now a for the zcspeed adapter plates the only reason i'm looking into these is for running itbs. i do have a choice for a D or B plate. would i benefit frunging a B plate so i can run TWN itbs or should i get a D plate so i can run OER itbs from japan.

as for run the distributor i was talking to a guy in Bogata, that's runing his ZC dohc w/a ODB1 distributor so he can converted to ODB1 to run crome pro.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: (remoer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by remoer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
now a for the zcspeed adapter plates the only reason i'm looking into these is for running itbs. <U>i do have a choice for a D or B plate</U>.</TD></TR></TABLE>
news to me!!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my bad jlicrx, i went back to the original thread on another forum to make sure that the info was correct and it wasn't so it wasn't till i went back to the actual link. damd idiots online, i was wrong. here the link;
http://zcspeed.com/adapterpage.htm

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if not on the aftermarket im could i use a zcspeed plate(http://www.zcspeed.com) to use run an aftermarket im
the reason i ask about the zcspeed plate is if i can used a zcspeed plate on a the zc head to run another im which should be able to run TWM itbs on the head??</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">possibly, have not tried Skunk2, but do know that a D16Y8 will fit - i do not believe that TWM makes ITBs for D-series - they do make TBs that replace Weber carbs on a TWM Integra D16A1 carb manifold</TD></TR></TABLE>

true but OER do make ITBs for a D-motor