Notices

Auto to manual swap on 89 dx.. i need OPINIONS and HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to manual swap on 89 dx.. i need OPINIONS and HELP!

Here is the deal. There is a guy near me that is selling his 89 CRX dx for $300. It is in decent shape, little rust and paint still looks pretty good. However, it is an auto, and like most I have plans to build a quick car. Has anyone did a auto to manual, and do you guys think it is worth the effort? What goes into it? How much am I looking to do a ZC swap? What is the cheapest engine I can swap in? What are my options and estimated prices? I realize it would be easier to buy a car that is already manual, but 300 on this car seems like a good deal. Also, can a local mechanic usually do a ZC swap?

I need to know how much I can expect to do the ZC swap or any cheaper swap/with auto to manual. If anyone wants to write out a list of whats necessary, that would be awesome.

I need help guys, might buy this car this saturday if it seems like the auto to manual swap is not MUCH harder and expensive.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:54 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Auto to manual swap on 89 dx.. i need OPINIONS and HELP! (JonBoy)

since the crx is a cable tranny, it won't be that hard. you will just need a lot of parts. the shifter, linkage, manual tranny, clutch/brake/gas pedal assembly, and the clutch cable. your best bet is to go to a junkyard and see if you can get a parts car that is already a manual tranny. then you will have everything you will need.

as far as what motors work in this car, go to the search and search on that topic. that has been covered numerous times inside and out.

good luck.