Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B20b vtec problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 AM
TRIAL USER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B20b vtec problems

heres my post from IA sorry fr the length
Hey guys sorry if I do this wrong but here we go i bought a completley stock 95 civic sedan feb 1st since then i pulled the

d15 lol and put a b20b in it did a wire tuck and welded all holes. this was my first wire tuck not knowing how to do it i did

dam well. With the stock b20b and a gsr tranny if i hit it in first it would break loose. It ran really strong throwin 2 codes

IAT and MAP. swapped both sensors still didnt fix. I ended up getting a b16a head from a friend and i decided id go b20

vtec. so i bought BKR7Es decked the head, ACL rod bearings main bearings thrust washers, whale peter, ARP rod bolts, ARP

head studs, golden eagle b20 vtec kit(which the oil line leaked had to go to summit) Slim head gasket raised comp 0.4:1,

stock pistons, stock rods, tap and plug all other misc. b20 vtec stuff dowl pins blah blah.oh i have stock exhaust still with

a cat and everything. i got it from atl so it passes emmissions.when i pulled the motor i wired in vtec to the ecu and a

knock sensor.

OK sorry for the list it says to put all of that BUT HERES MY ISSUE!!!!! first off sometimes my starter wont even start my

car. it tries and stops dead in its tracks. ive had like 3 people tell me its because my cars so high comp but thats not a big

deal. the real issue is that putting my b16 head on my b20b block SLOWED my car down!!!! now it doesnt break loose if i hit

it in first hardly chirps second i mean hardly, its just slower. ive tried a hondata b20 vtec ecu that my bro has wont even

run my car ive tried a p72 chipped for all kinds of **** runnin my friends boosted gsr wouldnt start tried a pherable ecu runs

it but vtec slows me down even more. i tried a p28 it runs fine still slower than before but when vtec hits it slows me

down???? hard to explain it hits and slow me down and sounds like a redline kinda. so my questions are what ecu do i need?

why wont my vtec hit correctly? Why is it slower now that i raised comp and swapped heads to a better flowind head and

all that? im gonna drop the exhaust tomorrow and run down pipe to let it breath but that cant be the only problem. So if

you can please help thanks. oh when i pulled the motor for b20 vtec i checked all my wires fixed some and the only code im

currently throwin is MAP it must still be the wiring!