Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Actual Location of MES Connector On 1993 Honda Del Sol

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actual Location of MES Connector On 1993 Honda Del Sol

I need to reset my SRS computer since I replaced the front seats and steering wheel. However, when I followed the process outlined by some guys here on Honda-Tech I ran into a problem. My 1993 Honda Del Sol has NO MES connector that I can find. There is no plug under the dash or on the fuse panel where I can connect the wires to perform a reset.

My question is where is the MES located at on a 1993 Civic/Del Sol? I am certain that it isn't the same location as the 1994 and later Civic/Del Sol because if it was I would have found it by now. I have read several other threads where those who own 1993 year model Civic's and Del Sol's cannot find the MES plug.

Please, can you help a fellow member out? Does anybody have an actual PICTURE showing what the MES connector looks like on a 1993 CIVC/DEL SOL?

I am thinking that the 1993 year models are different than every year model after them. For 1994-1997 Del Sol's and the 1994-2009 Civic's the MES is easy to find and is located at or on the fuse box. Mine isn't. So, please help if you can.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Actual Location of MES Connector On 1993 Honda Del Sol

Does anyone know how to reset the SRS warning light on a 1993 Del Sol Si? I cannot find the MES plug...and compared to a 1994 Del Sol Si the MES isn't in the same place. Is there any way to reset the SRS warning light on a 1993 Del Sol Si?
Old 08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Sol to Sol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your a scammer arent you?!

Kidding. I was accused 2x of that in my thread... whatever...

Anyway, as I'm working on both my new 94, and happen to have my dads 93 taken apart waiting for carpet, I went and looked. The 2 wire (yellow harness) plug, is pluged into the fuse box top right.

Good luck! (now, if only someone knew my answer lol)
Old 08-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by JarvisW
Your a scammer arent you?!

Kidding. I was accused 2x of that in my thread... whatever...

Anyway, as I'm working on both my new 94, and happen to have my dads 93 taken apart waiting for carpet, I went and looked. The 2 wire (yellow harness) plug, is pluged into the fuse box top right.

Good luck! (now, if only someone knew my answer lol)
Could you take a picture of what it looks like? I have taken apart my entire dash and removed the fuse panel but cannot find a plug that looks like or is in the same position as those that described on the forum here. I am concerned that my 1993 Del Sol may not have this MES plug and I may have to replace the entire system in order to "reset" the computer.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Sol to Sol

Old 08-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Sol to Sol

The far left end is what you want. A 2 wire yellow plug. But I guess you have to be sure its hooked to the sensors (#1s) too..
Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
New User

Originally Posted by shailoche
Could you take a picture of what it looks like? I have taken apart my entire dash and removed the fuse panel but cannot find a plug that looks like or is in the same position as those that described on the forum here. I am concerned that my 1993 Del Sol may not have this MES plug and I may have to replace the entire system in order to "reset" the computer.
I dont know what the DEL SOL, but i have a 93 civic LX and I had a hellova time finding the MES connector. It took me about a week tracking this sucker down. I was at the point when I was about to take it to the dealership and pay the freakin 90 bucks to get if fixed. I just replaced the engine, with a b20z2 with vtec head and 60mil turbo... and the SRS light has been on every since...

To make this short and sweet... I FOUND IT!!!!!

Ok, as far as the yellow connector under the dash on the drivers side that is connected to the fuse box... MAKE SURE THAT IS CONNECTED. If you pull this out, you will see that it has four tiny little holes on it, and where you pulled it from has two prongs sticking out from it, this plug needs to be plugged in.

NEXT, go to the passenger side of the car, under the glove box you will see a large brown connector, NOT THE RIGHT ONE, and a small baby blue connector. Mine was just hanging there, not connected to anything. THIS IS THE CORRECT CONNECTOR.

All you have to do is:

1) Clip one alligator clip to one of the prongs and the other alligator clip to the other prong. If you're using 2 strands of wire, you won't be clipping, but twisting or shoving the wire into the respective prongs.

2) Hold the two ends of your wire together, so that they are now connected.

3) Keeping the wires connected, turn the ignition on (Do NOT start your car).

5) The SRS light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes off. Disconnect the wires and YOUR DONE!

I cant believe I couldnt find any posts on here of anyone reseting SRS lights on a 93... I think they are all the same for Del Sol LX, etc. But this worked for me.. FINALLY... NO MORE LIGHT... Alright hope this helps someone else out...
Old 09-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So, if I'm not mistaken, this is to axe the SRS light in the dash? I have a Tekniq removable steering wheel, sans an airbag, so my SRS light is always on.

Man would it be a blessing to get rid of it! haha