Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 EM1 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 EM1 Suspension

Hey all, I recently purchased a EM1 and I want to do some suspension upgrades to make it handle better and drive smoother. I owned a Civic EX 2000 a few years ago and I only did coilovers to it. After that, I purchased a Subaru and did a lot of things to it. Since then, I sold the Subaru and bought the EM1.

I'm familiar with suspension parts but I am not sure when it comes to Hondas. Most of my knowledge may transfer from the Subaru, but after looking up parts, the Honda seemed a little more complicated.

The car I bought has some coilovers on it and I'm not sure what brand (blue springs, blue perchs) and I don't like them because they are very squeaky and make a lot of noise. Overall, they feel sloppy when I turn or do U-turns as such and they just don't seem good to me.

I want to get a new set of coilovers, and front/rear sway bars. Looking this up, I got a lot of results for LCA's and camber kits and all that stuff. On the Subaru it was more simple.

My question to you guys is, what should I get? I want coilverover and sways. Is there anything else needed to make those two things more functional? Also, what are some good brands for the parts?
Old 02-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: 2000 EM1 Suspension

Go read the FAQ, there's an article on this already.

Otherwise, I recommend personally you don't **** with it, change your bushings and call it a day.
LCA's and camber kits wont do **** except cause you a head ache and empty your wallet.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by purgat0ry

Otherwise, I recommend personally you don't **** with it, change your bushings and call it a day.
LCA's and camber kits wont do **** except cause you a head ache and empty your wallet.
Agreed, to an extent. I have the same car as you, OP, and I did coilovers (ground control + koni yellow shocks), ES Master bushing kit, and eibach sway bars front and rear. I did not do camber kits or control arms or anything like that as it was not needed.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by purgat0ry

I read that article, and if I'm not mistaken, it only covered coilovers. Good to know about the LCA's and camber kits because they are expensive but if they don't serve a necessary purpose I'll stay away.

Originally Posted by Slosc2
Agreed, to an extent. I have the same car as you, OP, and I did coilovers (ground control + koni yellow shocks), ES Master bushing kit, and eibach sway bars front and rear. I did not do camber kits or control arms or anything like that as it was not needed.
Ok, sounds good! I will do coilovers and swaybars along with the bushings. Could you point me towards some sway bar options? Preferably links to them. How stiff did you go with the sway bars?
Old 02-22-2017, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered the off the shelf sway bar kit. I ordered them off of ebay a couple years ago.