Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1995 del sol si eg civic front end swap info

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 del sol si eg civic front end swap info

Ok guys I'm new on here and this is my 1st post.The story is that last week I bought a 1995 Del Sol that was wrecked on the front right side and here in GA it kind of hard to come across good deals on del sol body parts so I started looking for info on doing a EG civic front end swap..I found one or two post that touched on it but nothing really that tells people how hard it REALLY is and what all parts you need to make it work..This post is not for people to say how ugly they think it is or how the del sol looks better stock so please save your breath...So the tools you will need is a disk grinder/cutter,Welder,basic hand tools and maybe a helper (did it by myself)...Parts list is the core support,hood,headlights and corner lights,bumper and fenders all from a EG civic 2 door or hatch...The biggest thing that is missing on forums is a starting point of where to cut your fenders and let me be clear,ONLY the first 4 inches of the fender where It meets the door are different other then where the light mounts,with that being said you can cut the fenders anywhere after that but I found the best place is right after the fender well because you would only need to repaint about 10% of your fender....The hood mounts from the del sol will not with the eg hood and the hood mount from a eg won't work with the del sol body so I just cut them and welded them like that need to go but it only has to be moved about 1inch...the core support from the eg will fit the del sol like it was made for it so not mods have to be done there.You can look me up on YouTube,a made a few videos that can explain it a little better kevin122780 but over all It's a very simple swap and cost me around 230 dollars for all the parts and the car was down for about 2 days.I will post a few picture in a few