Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL FA1/FG1 Performance Thread [EX/LX/LX-S/DX]***

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: R18 performance (08blackex)

let me speak english for u. No it was not BULLSHIT i'm here not to start anything and no i do not want to shoot myself because i speak wrong. all i am doin is trying to be helpful to this thread like others by telling people about the cip i bought and how i felt a change in my driving. i am trying to fugre out how is this bullshit when i have the chip and saw the change. point is im not about to shoot myself.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 PM

Default Re: R18 performance (ivtecnfg2)

what kind of chip was this again???
Old 07-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Re: R18 performance (irnhyd889)

power up tuning u have to splice two wires in order to hhok it up. it was only $30 measly dollars so i sayd wat the heck man. u can feel the throttle response. i ran 16.388 with out the chip(swear to GOD). i wonder what ill run with it on and without my spare tire??? im thinking about a turbo and hondata ormaybe a turbo and the greddy emanagement.

PROCIVIC.COM is a good website for our car too, the only thing it doesnt offer on the site is a flywheel or clutch but there were earlier posts that stated the website for them.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 AM

i don't think there's a hondata released yet for the R18, however i guess just to mess around right? try and fail, try and works, never kno if you try.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 AM

yeah u right man. i just called hondata and theres nothing for our car. man even honda fit gets more attn than our cars. jackson racing is startin on a project for the fit. so i guess we have a little more time before major companies start feeling our pain???
Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Westminster/Huntington Beach/Seal Beach, CA, United States
Default Re: R18 performance (IT GUY)

so i was just on procivic.com and it says skunk2 has a megapower exhaust system available for the r18.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-....html
Old 07-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivtecnfg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i have a civic 07 ex cpe and i only have a chip(E-Bay) i kno its pretty lame but with the chip i picked up atleast 20hp and prolly 10ftlbs but outta the 20hp only like 10 or 15 went to the wheels gas mileage raised and i took my spare out cause im rollin on 17 inch michellens and my car flys for our range(the 1.8l SOHC). ppl in this thread and other threads may say the parts for our car are exspnsive and not worth the hp. but they to look at it this way more air into any engine will make the car quicker and more fuel regulated into our SOHC's will fly. i can hang with some stock si's not beat but hang with em. i feel our motors have lots of potential so lets do this buildin for the 1.8l and show these guys we can bang tooo. and no </TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL, hang with Si's, picked up 20hp...as if.

My brother and I both have Si sedans and we both run 14.7-14.8 and some friends running 15 flat. I'd hardly call you running low 16's power enough to hang. Until you post dyno graphs with before and after results it is all

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivtecnfg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> jackson racing is startin on a project for the fit. so i guess we have a little more time before major companies start feeling our pain??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a chance, globally he Fit is more popular.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:51 PM

Default Re: R18 performance (Kidnkorner)

KidnkornerLoL, hang with Si's, picked up 20hp...as if.

My brother and I both have Si sedans and we both run 14.7-14.8 and some friends running 15 flat. I'd hardly call you running low 16's power enough to hang. Until you post dyno graphs with before and after results it is all

Not a chance, globally he Fit is more popular.(opinion )

this thread is for performance for the lower grade civic motor within the 2006 to 08 range right? first off im happy for u and yo brotha. if u need dyno results send me tha money ill dyno my car. who the *** are you to tell me about my ***** fukin car. if i say im sticken with si and u dnt believe it thats your fault. u actin like its bumper to muthafukin bumper man *** this thread i tried to help but its hard headed big brain *** ppl like this that make u not wanna post. how bout u show some dynos??
Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 PM

Default hold up lol!!!

as a matter of fact ima post some pics of my low 13's without the chip. i havent been to the track wih my chip and shaved air box but ill show under the hood pics.
and keep givin ur negative post because youll make me famous
Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivtecnfg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">KidnkornerLoL, hang with Si's, picked up 20hp...as if.

Not a chance, globally he Fit is more popular.(opinion )

this thread is for performance for the lower grade civic motor within the 2006 to 08 range right? first off im happy for u and yo brotha. if u need dyno results send me tha money ill dyno my car. who the *** are you to tell me about my ***** fukin car. if i say im sticken with si and u dnt believe it thats your fault. u actin like its bumper to muthafukin bumper man *** this thread i tried to help but its hard headed big brain *** ppl like this that make u not wanna post. how bout u show some dynos?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's captain cool guys like you who come on the forums making unsubstantiated claims and expect the people of the forums to accept your wild *** claims as gospel with no cold hard evidence.

Hung with stock Si's? Good for you, back it up with quality video of more than just one run.

Made 10-15 whp with an ebay chip? Awesome, prove it with an installation video and same day dyno results.

You coming back on here with someone elses timeslip is pretty easy to see thru.

You running low 13's with an ebay chip that you claim only bumped your power 10-15 hp. what a laugh.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:51 AM

dude i didnt run 16.388 with the chip that was without(lol)
but ne wayz why do i have to dyno my car because i baught a cheap *** chip and did a poorman ice box on a ex lets be forreal these itty bitty mods i have done dont require a dyno. i can see if we were talkin bout spray or turbo(dynos all day) what a waste of money to put, what? 30hp on a car and dyno it??? and plus the chip is electrical of course its going to do some electrical tuning to the car that requires you to kno how many strands of hair in a horses pony tail. the chip makes your car run a little lean and a little rich at the same tyme. and anybod in this thread thats a car guy should know that more fuel dumping in your car while make the car faster hands down dude. and there kno type of physical occular proof that the chip is working or on while looking at it. that why i kno how my car felt when i first had it and now theres a hella lot difference. and u still getting the word HANG confused with neck to neck.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:28 PM

wassap foo, you wanna turbo?

you're funny mang....

My FG1 has potential of a S2000 and the body of a CRX &lt;-- WTF IS THAT?!

i don't think we can hang with the big boys until we have turbos in our car....

i'm not another SI guy ramming you bro, i own an R18 and i find it CRAZY for you to claim that. i've done some rediculous **** to my car, but dude, this is dumb. and talk right too mang. you talk like all the crazy *** mexican kids at the meets over here and they always bag on my baby R18 just cuz they drive an SI... wat happend to the good ole days? newayz, i race against SI's for the [freak] of it and i keep up cuz they drive weird.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:35 PM

BTW if i might add to the list, too lazy to look over if these were posted

R18A1:

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/FID191181.htm

and ACT has clutches out for the R18, just i haven't seen it absolutely popular at all. so i guess just but ACT's site, cuz u'd have to filter for it.

http://www.advancedclutch.com/....aspx
Old 07-06-2008, 10:18 AM

i feel you mayne. but turbo is the answer i plan on gettn one from procivic. and thats justa signature. and there are no mexicans driving si in alabama mayne. we dont do the fast and the furious thing yall do in cali its way different how bout u take a trip down here and we can bang heads at our race scene. and the way ppl talk now is judged by their race(im black). like i saydim happy for yall sayin this stuff bout how i cant hang with them because of the little mods i have done with my car, but the fact is never gonna change i can hang with em. and anybody else comes on here and say i cant all im goin to say is i can and thats that. and plus im not sayin im the perfect driver but i can [freak]in drive a 5 speed the right and wrong way baby boy. i aint hear to argue like a lilbitch im here to post and get helpful parts for my car. but im waiting on money to get a turbo so be it.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivtecnfg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and the way ppl talk now is judged by their race(im black). </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, plain and simple it's a lack of self respect. You look like a fool when speak they way you do. It demonstrates your poor education or a lack of using what you have learned. You don't look cool, you look stupid. We know you are young and dumb so we will just chock it up to that. My wife is black and doesn't speak anything like that and neither does the rest of her family.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:17 PM

lol, kidnkorner, lol, you're funny man lol. awesome, reading all the things you post makes me rofl.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by irnhyd889 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW if i might add to the list, too lazy to look over if these were posted

R18A1:

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/FID191181.htm

and ACT has clutches out for the R18, just i haven't seen it absolutely popular at all. so i guess just but ACT's site, cuz u'd have to filter for it.

http://www.advancedclutch.com/....aspx
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. Updated

Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: R18 performance (a1staecksauce)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1staecksauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i was just on procivic.com and it says skunk2 has a megapower exhaust system available for the r18.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll repost this cause I guess it got lost amongst that debate over the chip that gives u 20,000 whp or whatever rediculous claim he made. More for the R18 owners.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1staecksauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'll repost this cause I guess it got lost amongst that debate over the chip that gives u 20,000 whp or whatever rediculous claim he made. More for the R18 owners. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry I missed that. It's been added, but I linked to Skunk2's site instead of pro civic.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you my want to update as well, i was checking the link for the R18 turbo from AJP, apparently they are (from what I can see on their website) completely abandoning the R18 turbo kit?

appears after all this time that the R18 is still a turbo-less car eh?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: R18 performance (Declectic)

they might be abandoning it cause no one is buying it. All the hype is about the turbo kit from Turbo Specialties. I don't think many people even knew AJP made a r18 turbo kit, I didn't for a long time after it came out.

http://www.procivic.com/pages-....html
Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 PM

ur still not changing my opinion on my car or watever by posting this stuff it only makes me famous keep it comin?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ivtecnfg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ur still not changing my opinion on my car or watever by posting this stuff it only makes me famous keep it comin? </TD></TR></TABLE>

it's been 5 days since anyone made a post directed at you.

STFU

and

GTFO

this thread is supposed to be helpful to people; you're not helping.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 AM

iight
Old 07-12-2008, 10:59 AM

ROFL!!!

might i add that Greddy has a V-manage out made for I-vtec. and i also cannot find that valve cover =\ the red one, is it gone on their site or something????

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL FA1/FG1 Performance Thread [EX/LX/LX-S/DX]***