Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Questions concerning exhaust and cat

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions concerning exhaust and cat

So I have a Kamikaze header straight piped with 2.25 piping aftermarket stock muffler. I just picked up a greddy evo exhaust catback and it has a silencer. Seeing how the silencer is on will the exhaust still be extra loud? If I got a high flow on my car will it take off the check engine light? If not can I somehow disble the check engine light.
I did search and could not find anything. So please dont flame me I just wanna figure out what to do.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Questions concerning exhaust and cat (Tiauna)

The first thing to do would be to scan your computer to actually see what code your ECU is throwing it could be unrelated to putting your exhaust on. However, without your catalytic converter it will throw a code for your o2 sensor but a high flow cat could either take to light off or stay the same the best way is to see what code it is first and go from there. Dont deactivate your check engine light that would be bad because you don't know if anything is going on with your motor and you could damage it beyond repair. The silencer on the greddy exhaust should cut down on the noise but it also restricts airflow eliminating the whole reason you put the exhaust system on your car better flow and extra HP.