Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Very annoying alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:48 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very annoying alarm problem

Last spring, the alarm system on my Accord 2002 SE started on its own one morning several times. I went to the dealer, asked them to disable my alarm system, I think they changed a piece with some kind of bearing in it and the alarm didn't start again... until last thursday night. It did it once early in the evening, then once again later at night. My quick solution was to unplug the battery, and after a search over the internet, I found that maybe a weak battery was at fault (mine was 8 years old, I don't use my car that much and it's quite cold right now up here). I changed the battery, everything was fine, and the alarm started again the day after, again early in the evening, three times... I did a quick Google search and found that I could disable the alarm system by inserting the key in the ignition, turn upward until all electronics are on, then turn one click backward (all dashboard lights turn off), then on my remote I press lock-unlock-lock. When I exited the car, the alarm system's light in the driver's door flashed just once (after a few seconds) then that's it, I thought my system was disabled. When I took my car later at night, I noticed the alarm system had reenabled itself alone (the light was flashing) and when I tried to disable it again, I wasn't able to do it.

So... what do I do?!? Have you ever had this problem? How do I disable permanently the alarm system? Your income is very welcome...

Thanks.