Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Pulls to the right even after alignment

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulls to the right even after alignment

Ok i got my accord.. totally stock.. 2 days after I had it .. it started a slight pull to the right. I had an alignment done and it didn't change anything. I got new tires and stilla pull. I lowered the car... realign and still a pull. I can't find anything bent.. Any ideas what it might be.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Pulls to the right even after alignment (Woody150)

Binding caliper ???

What model??? DX. LX ect?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:06 PM

some cars when they are lowered to much just pull a direction, theres an explanation but i cant remember it now (damn school)

my car is a lil over 2 inches lowered and my friends is almost 3 inches lowered, we have perfect alignments and they still pull right, it wont effect your tire wear or anything, i had new tires put on the same time i did my alignment
Old 09-19-2005, 09:15 PM

could be just the street's angle... i tried driving on the opposite side of the road(left side)...
and it actually pulled to the left
Old 09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Woody150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i got my accord.. totally stock.. 2 days after I had it .. it started a slight pull to the right. I had an alignment done and it didn't change anything. I got new tires and stilla pull. I lowered the car... realign and still a pull. I can't find anything bent.. Any ideas what it might be.</TD></TR></TABLE>

try something.........switch the frt tires side to side ,,if it still pulls rt , see if u can find the alignment results and post them here......If it pulls left u got a tire issue

By the way hae u run into any curbs ???
Old 09-19-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Pulls to the right even after alignment (deserthonda)

your car is naturally supposed to pull to the right. It's a safety thing, so if you fall asleep at the wheel you go off the road instead of into on coming traffic. My car does the same thing... all the cars i have ever driven do. And most roads are curved slightly so the water will run off of them.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:19 PM
goowakjai

Default Re: Pulls to the right even after alignment (Chritter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chritter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your car is naturally supposed to pull to the right. It's a safety thing, so if you fall asleep at the wheel you go off the road instead of into on coming traffic. My car does the same thing... all the cars i have ever driven do. And most roads are curved slightly so the water will run off of them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

interesting, wut do they do to make the car naturally pull to the right...i never noticed this, before i bent up my lower a-arm my car had perfect aligment and i wud drive with no ahnds on the wheel sumtimes(cudnt resist the burger!) and it went straight
Old 09-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Pulls to the right even after alignment (Chritter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chritter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your car is naturally supposed to pull to the right. It's a safety thing, so if you fall asleep at the wheel you go off the road instead of into on coming traffic. My car does the same thing... all the cars i have ever driven do. And most roads are curved slightly so the water will run off of them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry but i have to disagree... car is not supposed to pull either rt or left.......if u let go the steerign wheel car will drift according to the crown on the road but if a car is properly aligned it could be after 4-5 seconds ,,,,,,,
Old 09-19-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Pulls to the right even after alignment (deserthonda)

oh.. well ok then. that was what my mechanic told me once and it made sense... still does really but w/e. thx for the correction.