Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Just bought an Accord and need help..

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an Accord and need help..

Hi everyone,
I've just bought a 2002 accord EX v6 but I'm missing the keyless remote and valet keys. I wanted to know if I can get replacement remote and keys and how do I get them? The previous owner also losted the key code for producing duplicate keys. Will I be able to get extra keys made without the key code? Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated!!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Just bought an Accord and need help.. (mudfootball)

well thats the samething that happen to me i only had the one key that ony trun the car on ,open doors ... but no trunk or glove box key.... but i went the the hardware store i found that the just had to make the key in a difrent key type ..... and from there on the key worked on every key hole...just tell him you need a key maid for the valet key ...... they did this for me with know problem and if you was to ever lose your keys you can look in the glove box for the # so you can make the key .... but that there cost me $125 cause i didn't have the key at all (lock smith) told me the # are in the glove box where the key hole is at
Old 09-01-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Just bought an Accord and need help.. (mudfootball)

Just take it to the honda dealership, they will be able to make master keys and valet keys for you without any problems. Not sure how much it will cost though. I bought my 2001 Accord EX from the dealer and it only had a valet key and no remotes. They had to reprogram 2 remotes for me and make me another master key. If they can do that then I think they can get valet keys for you

The remote reprogramming is REALLY easy and you can do it yourself. Just buy the remotes from ebay and see if someone cant tell you how to reprogram the remotes. I watched them do it at the dealership and it basically requires having the remotes, turning on the ignition, and pressing some buttons on the remotes... a specific sequence is required but I dont remember it. Possibly this is outlined in the Helms service and repair manual.