Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

HELP!! 1997 honda accord lx unlocking issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 03:18 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 HELP!! 1997 honda accord lx unlocking issue

hi if i can get some help asap i would be thankful for it.
1997 honda accord lx station wagon.
driver door
electrical lock/unlock

unlocking issue

PROMBLEM: when ever someone bumps or hit the lock/unlock switch an lock all the doors inside the car. when we hit the switch to unlock the doors the driver door will pop up for a quick second then go right back down everytime repeatly right away and it stays doing that when i put key in door to unlock driver door while in car to try get out it wont unlock still u see it come up a very little but not enough to unlock the door and sometimes door handle on outside will come popping out a little bit. but not much when try using key to unlock the door while trapped in car only on driver side only it wont pull up when i try pulling up on the lock to unlock door it stays like if its stuck after playing with it for several mins finally iam able to get it to unlock but its everytime someone locks doors from switch inside car. I can lock and unlock the car door just fine with key when were out of car it only happens when were in car. Passenger door and driver door will unlock and lock all car doors but driver door only one gets stuck will not unlock. till after playing with it for while over and over. sometimes if i pull door handle outside of car few times it will unlock but it rarely happens.
Can this possably be the actuator getting stuck once its locked electroncally from switch?
Like i said if iam out of car use key it works just fine unlocks/locks all doors everytime just when electrical switch in car gets hit this happens only to driver door.
  1. I have door panel off already and no open wires as i could see and dont look like no wires are getting pinched or crossed.
  2. The driver door lock control unit box I opened no cracks or brakes in circuit board. Maybe the circuit board giving faulty signals?
  3. Could it be the switch controll module? even know all the other doors will unlock and stay unlocked cuz even passanger and back doors will unlock and stay unlocked but the drivers door wont but when use passenger door switch, driver door still locks right after u hit it to unlock. doors is unlocked. When ever the switch is hit and the
SOUNDS: Driver door locks back it makes the electrical sound of the doors
being locked or unlocked.
Rarely but while iam driving u here
the electrical sound of doors being locked or unlocked
NOONE HITTING THE SWITCH the sound will just go off a few times but
there is no reactionto sound go off nothing happens just goes off.
NOW IF SOMEONE HITS THE SWITCH AND LOCK THE DOORS IF I MOVE FAST ENOUGH HIT THE SWITCH TO UNLOCK THE DOORS THE DRIVER DOOR WILL UNLOCK AND STAY UNLOCK BUT IT GOTTA BE LIKE ALMOST SOON AS IT HAPPENS.
I DONE MY BEST TRYING TO DESCRIBE IT ALL THE BEST I CAN HOPEFULLY HELP TO TRY FIGURE OUT WHAT MY DOOR PROMBLEM IS IF ANYONE WOULD KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FIXING IT BEFORE GETTING MY FAMILLY HURT OR KILLED I WOULD GREATLY APPRICATE IT I CANT AFFORD TO GO BY A GARAGE TO HAVE IT LOOKED AT. MY 3 KIDS AND FIANCEE THATS PREGNANT BARELY HAVING A CHRISTMAS I AM GOOD AT FIXING STUFF EVEN IF I NEVER DONE IT BEFORE I JUST NEED A LITTLE GUIDENCE ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR NEXT TO HELP TRYING GETTING THIS PROMBLEM RESOLVED.
ANY ?????? JUST ASK ILL BE MORE THEN GLAD TO ANSWER.
"THANK YOU,
FOR ANY HELP ANYONE
MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE ME TO HELP
IN MY TIME OF NEED!!"