Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Ground Wire location

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Wire location

Does anyone know what the ground wire positions are on the 02 accord 4cyl. if anyone has some pics that would be great.
Thanks.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Ground Wire location (Ju)

if you want every single one.. there is a crap load which will take too many pics to show each and every one... if you're talking about the main ones leading to the battery, well.. the simplest way is to follow them from the battery.. one of them is right on the radiator support bar..
Old 05-14-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Ground Wire location (syclone)

The ones I actually mean are the Hyper ground wire sets that you buy, I am just gonna make one, I just wanted to know if any one has alredy put that kit on there car, and maybe they would put some pics up so that I can save that 60 bucks.
thanks.
Syclone, I think I was talking to you about my noisy sway bar link earlier, you have'nt gotten that prototype made yet have you?
Old 05-14-2004, 09:59 PM

sorry, but the manufacturer is not returning my emails.. i'm not sure what's going on.. i think i might have to find another company to do it..

as for the wires, there's no real definate way.. but i've done it at both fender walls, valve cover, head, tranny, intake manifold.

Old 05-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by syclone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't mean to be an ***, but your catch can is filtering clean air and is hooked up the wrong way....
Old 05-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ground Wire location (Hawkze_56)

why are you O.D.ing on the grounds!?
Old 05-15-2004, 02:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hawkze_56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't mean to be an ***, but your catch can is filtering clean air and is hooked up the wrong way....</TD></TR></TABLE>
please explain how it's filtering clean air and how it's hooked up the wrong way if you can't even see the can?

there is no real wrong way to hook up the hoses to the can.. it goes between the breather and the intake to collect the moisture and oil.. it flows only one way..
Old 05-15-2004, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Ground Wire location (patastinky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patastinky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why are you O.D.ing on the grounds!?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i just used up the wires that was included.. no point in throwing away extra.. the main grounds should be the 2 fender grounds, engine block or tranny, head, and manifold.. the only extra one i added was the valve cover which isn't really necessary since there's a rubber gasket seperating the head to the valve cover..
Old 05-15-2004, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the pics syclone, So I geuss a 4 gauge power cable and some copper clips would work for this. Do I need to use that collector or can I just run them all in series?
And for that catch can, what does this help with? just cleaner air? And what do you do with the old hoses that ran to the intake and valve cover before?

Old 05-15-2004, 02:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ju &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the pics syclone, So I geuss a 4 gauge power cable and some copper clips would work for this. Do I need to use that collector or can I just run them all in series?
And for that catch can, what does this help with? just cleaner air? And what do you do with the old hoses that ran to the intake and valve cover before?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
4 ga. is over kill and difficult to work with.. 8 ga. is all that is necessary, but if you want to run a thicker wire, use 6ga. almost all grounding kits come with 8ga.

you can run it in a series.. i made a custom kit for my friend's evo8, you can check it out here: http://www.pbase.com/syclone/evoground

The oil catch tank is to collect the moisture and oil that is vented from the valve cover back into the intake to keep emissions clean. but the oil build up in your intake and intake manifold can become sludgy.

Most people probably don't need it since it's mostly vapor that is recirculated at normal driving, but if you run your car hard like drag, autox, or track, i would really recommend you get one. i autox and track.. after just one event, the clear tube is completely brown.. same with my friend's evo, civic, etc.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by syclone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
please explain how it's filtering clean air and how it's hooked up the wrong way if you can't even see the can?

there is no real wrong way to hook up the hoses to the can.. it goes between the breather and the intake to collect the moisture and oil.. it flows only one way..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

All you need to do is put it between the PCV valve and the intake manifold

Sorry to get off-topic...
Old 05-15-2004, 02:40 PM

sorry.. but you're wrong.. both the breather and pcv valve are blowing out. the valve vents do not vent in.. i've already dumped the oil collected once and i've done quite a bit of research before i purchased it.

and just for reference, the pic is an older pic, i already have the pcv valve connected by a t-connector with the breather to lead into the catch tank (this was done after the oil was dumped). also, a tip for others with catch tanks, if you elevate the hose coming out of the valve cover before it reaches the catch tank, you'll reduce the oil that is collected because it doesn't make it up the tube all the way and drains back.

Hawkze_56, i still thank you for your input.

Modified by syclone at 2:16 AM 5/16/2004
Old 05-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to be the one to break the news to you....

There's really no way you can argue with that pic unless you think the air goes the other way....
Old 05-15-2004, 05:13 PM

Looks sloppy.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hawkze_56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to be the one to break the news to you....

There's really no way you can argue with that pic unless you think the air goes the other way....</TD></TR></TABLE>
i guess you need to correct the person that drew the pic.

pcv valve almost always hooks up to the lower part of the intake manifold near the runners. the breather runs to the intake tube. putting an oil catch tank isn't as critical since it's at the end of the intake track.

the oil vapors that are recycled in the intake tube should be of more concern because the oil will be drizzling all over the intake tube and manifold.

here's a pic of my intake tube after an autocross event, if the breather is sucking in and not venting out, please explain this..:

now.. this is a pic of the s2000 with a spoon oil catch tank.. they have illustrated instructions and the hose comes with a certain length and cap to cover the stock inlet leading to the intake tube. please do more research instead of relying on one picture someone drew:

conclusion, here's the quickest way to find out for yourself. remove the breather tube from the valve cover, start the engine and have a friend rev it hard.. you'll see. or else you can leave the tube off and drive around hard. when you come back your heat shield will be soaked with oil. if you're right, you have nothing to worry about.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:39 PM

*double post*

Modified by syclone at 3:00 AM 5/16/2004
Old 05-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, we officially jacked his thread...Oh, well, we're talking about different engines, because on my H23, it works the way I said, there's even a diagram just like the above diagram in the Helms manual...

Perhaps the S2000 is different, but I have taken off my intake countless times and never had any oil, BUT the inside of the IM near the PCV inlet it coated in oil....

My conclusion..Honda must have changed the PCV setup between our 2 engines...sounds stupid, but that's the only way to explain that we're both right...
Old 05-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Farts in the shower

Could the direction the engine spins affect this?

I know f22's spin counterclockwise
H series spin clockwise

Those are right or reversed
Old 05-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ground Wire location (VRDrvr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRDrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could the direction the engine spins affect this?

H series spin clockwise

Those are right or reversed </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm pretty sure it's all vacuum related, but that could be the reason...
Old 05-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Ground Wire location (VRDrvr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRDrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could the direction the engine spins affect this?

H series spin clockwise

Don't start this again i don't wanna hurt anyone elses feelings. Or maybe we should so I can make someone feel stupid again.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hawkze_56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...My conclusion..Honda must have changed the PCV setup between our 2 engines...sounds stupid, but that's the only way to explain that we're both right... </TD></TR></TABLE>
yes.. for jacking the thread.. i apologize.. as for the venting. i haven't come across an engine yet where the breather line vents in air.. even b16's, b18's vent out on both. with hot gases building up, there's only room to vent out..

however, since i haven't actually checked on an h22 or h23, i can't really say that you're wrong.. i would still suggest that you pull the breather hose off and let a friend rev the engine.. put a piece of paper on top of the valve and if the paper is being blown upward, then you'll know for sure..

H series spin clockwise

ehhh.. i don't see how trannies between the f22, f23, and h series engines can be interchangeable if the engine is spinning in opposite directions...

the v6 models spin in opposite directions as far as i know.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=syclone]
yes.. for jacking the thread.. i apologize.. as for the venting. i haven't come across an engine yet where the breather line vents in air.. even b16's, b18's vent out on both. with hot gases building up, there's only room to vent out..QUOTE]

^^^^Sorry, but how can you argue with a diagram from the Helms manual, or have you not seen it....It is very clear...

The air comes in the breather hose and out the PCV valve.

Modified by Hawkze_56 at 11:14 AM 5/16/2004
Old 05-16-2004, 09:44 PM

yes, pictures are nice and helms is very reputable.. i said i won't confirm whether it's true or not... i said try it out.. it's not difficult..
Old 05-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That drawing is for nominal operation, NOT wide-open throttle. The breather tube draws fresh air into the crankcase to replace what gets sucked out thru the PCV valve.

But at WOT there isn't enough manifold vacuum, & the blowby overwhelms the PCV valve, so the flow reverses in the breather tube. If your engine has more blowby, this flow reversal happens somewhere less than WOT.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Ground Wire location (JimBlake)

thank you for your input sir..

Quick Reply: Ground Wire location