Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

99 accord lx blower motor resistor replacement instructions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 accord lx blower motor resistor replacement instructions

Hello, can anyone direct me to step by step directions on the web for removing and replacing a blower motor resistor on a 99 accord lx. I'm not afraid to give it a try, if someone can give me some advice. Where's it located?. Can I even do it myself or do I need to take it to a shop? Thanks, Marc.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 99 accord lx blower motor resistor replacement instructions (99 accord lx ulev)

I've never replaced one on a 99 Accord but from the looks of the diagram below...

it seems to be located under the blower housing somewhere near the blower motor itself. The resistor is part #7.

It's not a hard part to replace yourself. I should just be 2 phillips head screws holding it in.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: 99 accord lx blower motor resistor replacement instructions (TouringAccord)

Thanks for the reply, TouringAccord. However at the risk of sounding stupid how do I get to the blower housing/blower unit pictured in your reply? Do I need to remove the steering wheel and/or the dashboard and/or the glove box? Is it located under the hood? Do I need to disconnect the ac? Thanks. It can't be as easy as just 2 philips head screws. Nothing is that easy!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 99 accord lx blower motor resistor replacement instructions (99 accord lx ulev)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99 accord lx ulev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It can't be as easy as just 2 philips head screws. Nothing is that easy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, usually but this time it might just be

On my Civic (the only one I've had to replace) all I had to do was unbolt two bolts to get the glove box off, unplug the resistor and unscrew the two screws holding the resistor in.

In your case, since it appears the resistor is located on the bottom of the blower housing so you should be able to access it by looking up behind the glove box, it should be right there if I'm looking at this diagram correctly. When you look behind/under the glove box, you should see a black plastic housing that is most likely sitting level or slightly higher than the bottom of the glove box. You should see a round circular object that is held in by 3 screws that should be the blower motor/fan (#5), then somewhere near that I assume you'll see a rectangular black object with a plug going to it and two screws holding it in, that should be the resistor.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: 99 accord lx blower motor resistor replacement instructions (TouringAccord)

Dear TouringAccord: It WAS as easy as 2 Phillips Screws! Thanks so much for your advice. I now have 4 blower speeds, instead of just 1. If you ever need income tax advice let me know, I owe you one. Marc.