Notices

whats this forum about?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats this forum about?

does anyone help around here or does everyone just use this forum to laugh at other peoples problems?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: whats this forum about?

ibtl
Old 06-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

we've tried to help you..........
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... so drown that bitch
Old 06-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i think its about people wanting me to tell them everything they ever want immediately so they dont have to think. meanwhile, i cant even tell you how many dollars and years ive spent, late nights reading and searching and broken parts have gone into what i know. its okay though, our entire country has turned to this now...

if i see you trying and thinking, ill gladly help as much as i can as i would hope the same if the situation were reversed. if your not trying to figure it out, then just go ask your boy's cousins baby daddy and see how it turns out.

^^rant of the morning lol
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
we've tried to help you..........
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... so drown that bitch
this
Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Complain all you want about the service you got, but fact is you still need a real tune.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Lol never seen one of these before!
Is he really crying??
I guess he still hasn't found the faq thread at the top.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The Low Sol
does anyone help around here or does everyone just use this forum to laugh at other peoples problems?
So...how can we help you? I don't see a question in your post that I can assist with.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why the E-beef man? It's not a bad forum at all . All you need to do is make sure you read the FAQs, research & use a bit of common sense... that's it...
Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have been reading, i have been searching, i have been working hard and trying my hardest to get this straightened out for 3 weeks now, i finally get sick of searching and decide to ask about it and people only reply with "tune it". now i KNOW this is not the correct answer because i know about 6 people running ebay tunes and there cars run fine, they just are not as reliable or powerful as they should be. im not looking for the most reliable junkyard turbo civic or 300whp but i would like to hit more than 5psi of boost, but i asked my simple question and the first reply was a tune, second and 3rd reply were people laughing because a broke college student cant pay 300 dollars to tune his car... im sure the problem lies within the map sensor or the person doing the chip wich is why i asked for advice from you guys so i can go tell him what to look for next.

Last edited by The Low Sol; 06-25-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 AM
EK9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It needs a tune or your next thread is going to be, why is my car smoking and have no compression?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Exactly... Modding cars isn't for people on a tight budget.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

again, i know 6 people without tunes, been running without them for years, you KNOW i need a tune? ok nvm ill just put my other "chip" back in with the 3 bar map sensor as that must have been tuned from ebay...
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and im not on a super tight budget but everyone runs chips until they build up and NEED a tune which is what i plan to do
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Honda-Tech Member

Ok, do as you please. Those chips are total hit or miss. How the hell is someone suppose to setup your fueling and ignition properly without having the car in front of them ? It's impossible... It's your gamble though, not mine...

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

again, i know 6 people without tunes, been running without them for years, you KNOW i need a tune? ok nvm ill just put my other "chip" back in with the 3 bar map sensor as that must have been tuned from ebay...
Ah.. I see.. so as long as you know people who don't have their car tuned.. (6 people to be exact) then it automatically means that it doesn't need one.. I see..

This will be interesting as time allows before it gets locked...

With that said, you must give more information to narrow down if it is actually mechanical issue or one in which fuel/timing need to be adjusted. Anything short of that, you'll just have the car smoking and sitting in the garage. There's more to modifying cars than just reading a few lines and following the course... You have to ask the right questions too.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time, but you seem to a person that brings it upon himself in this particular situation. We're not there, and this isn't our vehicle, so its up to you to make that next positive step.. that way, you can be assured that you get proper feedback.

Good luck to you.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Ah.. I see.. so as long as you know people who don't have their car tuned.. (6 people to be exact) then it automatically means that it doesn't need one.. I see..

This will be interesting as time allows before it gets locked...

With that said, you must give more information to narrow down if it is actually mechanical issue or one in which fuel/timing need to be adjusted. Anything short of that, you'll just have the car smoking and sitting in the garage. There's more to modifying cars than just reading a few lines and following the course... You have to ask the right questions too.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time, but you seem to a person that brings it upon himself in this particular situation. We're not there, and this isn't our vehicle, so its up to you to make that next positive step.. that way, you can be assured that you get proper feedback.

Good luck to you.
ok heres my problem, i use a friends chip with a 3 bar map, cars runs great, pulls hard through all gears hitting 9psi, i didn't want to buy a 3 bar map so i ordered a chip for a stock map, i installed it and it now hits 5 psi and just stays there, sometimes 2nd gear will hit 9psi but DOES NOT pull at all, feels as if im just cruising at the speed limit, no check engine light or anything, but with the 3 bar it runs great. now that you say it could be a hit or miss on the chip i am thinking the guy who chipped it might have messed it up, maybe ill buy one from someone else and use a 3 bar map... i just wanted to get my friends map back to him
Old 06-25-2012, 09:07 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So you got a bunk basemap and you take it out on the forum members? Here's one thing I learned EARLY ON!. Not all basemaps are created equal. Get that through your head.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
So you got a bunk basemap and you take it out on the forum members? Here's one thing I learned EARLY ON!. Not all basemaps are created equal. Get that through your head.
yes i did not know that, and people kept saying tune it tune it, and laughing so it kinda pissed me off, but what ever
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You need a tune. That is not in dispute with anyone but you. Because you choose NOT to get one, because all your friends are doing it, doesn't change that fact.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
You need a tune. That is not in dispute with anyone but you. Because you choose NOT to get one, because all your friends are doing it, doesn't change that fact.
yes but it was a bad basemap that caused it correct? couldn't i just get a burner and make my own? i have been reading and plan on doing research about tuning myself as i have done tunes with DSM-Link on my friends AWD eclipse and hes at 350WHP with stock internals and a few bolt ons with a big 16G. i just thought a chip would be able to get my by until i bought the needed items to tune myself
Old 06-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I searched your other threads but it looks like you've deleted your posts, however, I can figure out what went wrong based on others comments.

Using a chip was "popular" back in the day but it is by no means accurate.

The general rule of thumb on this forum is to do things right the first time. You walked into a room with a different point of view than the vast majority and got upset when they didn't share your opinions; that just a recipe for disaster. It's hard to sympathize with your issue when its obvious this forum is very pro-tuning/ doing it right the first time.

The issue is most likely with your chip; not all chips are the same and depending on where you or your friend got it the chip could be bad.

Last edited by mechanix619; 06-25-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: :
Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You're getting a lot of "e-tunes" for maps to run the car, and what's happening is either they are not taking into account calibrations from whichever map sensor you are using, and they don't seem to understand the capabilities of the 28lbs/min DSM 14b you have. This is where live dyno and street tuning come into play outside of your "e-tunes".

This is why this is being pushed on you so hard. your friends "e-tunes" probably aren't that great either, but they may be more or less surviving. What you think may "work" for your friends, in actuality may not be.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mechanix619
I searched your other threads but it looks like you've deleted your posts, however, I can figure out what went wrong based on others comments.

Using a chip was "popular" back in the day but it is by no means accurate.

The general rule of thumb on this forum is to do things right the first time. You walked into a room with a different point of view than the vast majority and got upset when they didn't share your opinions; that just a recipe for disaster. It's hard to sympathize with your issue when its obvious this forum is very pro-tuning/ doing it right the first time.
yes i know and i don't have anything against tuning i just cant afford to have someone else do it for me, i just wanted this to run while i gathered the appropriate items to tune myself. i just didn't think that it could have been a bad basemap, i though it might be something with a map sensor or something

Quick Reply: whats this forum about?