Notices

Cxracing turbo review

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cxracing turbo review

hey everybody, I am going to be doing an on going review with a cxracing 57 trim turbo. i know there has been a lot of debate about cxracing products, i am here to share my experience with some of their parts.

i purchased this turbo for my build for 190$ new. I am running a stock b20b with headstuds. I am currently running it at 8 psi.
I have had no problems yet. with a few thousand miles. they are computer balanced also. It spools quite fast. it has seen boost a lot! I always let it cool a few minutes before shutting off

I am also running their intercooler kit and have had no problems.
Name:  IMG_0272.jpg
Views: 8094
Size:  139.2 KB

i am no way affiliated with cxracing, just trying to help anybody out building on a budget

Last edited by 4tika4; 08-12-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cxracing turbo review

It doesnt matter who sells them its all the same thing. Its a cheap chinese knock off and they "wrok" but th dont perform like the real thing and they dont last. i had one years ago it lasted with an oil restrictor. But took a lot of boost to make decent power
Old 08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you just contradicted yourself "they dont last." "I had one years ago it lasted with an oil restrictor"

like i said before. my 190$ dollar turbo works flawlessly. if you are looking for cheap power I would recommend them.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get back to us in at least 10-20k miles. My Garrett made it 90k before needing a rebuild.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 99electron_blue_si
Get back to us in at least 10-20k miles. My Garrett made it 90k before needing a rebuild.
i plan on it
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any time you try and give good reviews on something that is ebay, or enet based sold products you will be met with strong opposition because those in the bidness if you will dont like this because your advocating money being taken from there pockets.

i have ran a cx intercooler for 4 years now with over 700whp no issues. others have ran the cheaper turbo's and made good power with no issues.

glad to see your doing well with your product man
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

And put some thrust loads on that bearing system. My dog could spool a turbo at 8psi for its entire life of 12 years.

Honestly, I'm glad you like it, but if you're trying to convince the masses to look at an "alternative", to "higher cost units" save your typing time.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
And put some thrust loads on that bearing system. My dog could spool a turbo at 8psi for its entire life of 12 years.

Honestly, I'm glad you like it, but if you're trying to convince the masses to look at an "alternative", to "higher cost units" save your typing time.

Good luck to you.
All im saying is that i like this turbo and it works well. Im not bashing big turbo companies. Mine works for my setup.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 4tika4
I would consider mounting a turbo to a dog animal cruelty. Your dog must not be very healthy if it has massive amounts of exhaust exiting it's *******. I would take it to the vet asap.
ah, boy... never mind.... Young people..

My feeble attempt at humor has turned a bad thread into one of horrendous proportions. Good luck to you anyway, kid.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How is this a "review"? You, like 98 % of ricers cheaped out and purchased a china made paperweight. You like it after a few thousand miles? Great, go tell your friends about it on Facebook. :ibtl:
Old 08-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow i thought this was forced induction, and im pretty sure he didnt post a ****ing hair dryer up.

why do you guys like to hate so much on people who choose not to spend a grand on a turbo
Old 08-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by sanman000719
wow i thought this was forced induction, and im pretty sure he didnt post a ****ing hair dryer up.

why do you guys like to hate so much on people who choose not to spend a grand on a turbo
This isn't hate.. (and in all fairness, these turbos are about as useful as a hair dryer once some thrust loads have been thrown at it. You should see what these units do to the lab.. Holding doors open, decorative clocks, etc). This is about ridiculing the redundancy of a type of person who is trying to say that these other turbos are just as good as the ones that are considered to be quality by stating three ideas. Its not the OP himself that's at issue, its what he's pushing.

1) there was no high thrust loads used or higher rotational speeds shown on this turbo to state that it has gone through its paces like the proven ones... (8psi.. really? That's a test to show how good it is?)

2) A few thousand miles means nothing to something that was to be engineered to run as much as 500,000 miles or more. A couple thousand miles could be done in a week, a month, or even several months. That isn't a review, that's just driving around what you have for a quick run. Come back to me in 4-8 years with some abuse to it, then I'll say otherwise about its "quality".

3) The last person to give a "review" did everything but give any feedback or make any attempt of a sort of review on the same type of item. He was given the same treatment by others, unfortunately, and the thread met with the same demise as this one will.

You may call it "hate".. Most of us experienced individuals call it attempting to regulate.

So good, great. He just drove to the store a few times on 8psi with a crap turbo.. can we end this now, and go back to something of relevance?

To the OP: Sorry you're getting the short end of the stick of this thread, kid... But when you say "review", be careful that you don't fall into another dead-fall bear trap like you did on this one.

Best of luck with your setup.. seriously.

Last edited by TheShodan; 08-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
This isn't hate.. (and in all fairness, these turbos are about as useful as a hair dryer once some thrust loads have been thrown at it. You should see what these units do to the lab.. Holding doors open, decorative clocks, etc). This is about ridiculing the redundancy of a type of person who is trying to say that these other turbos are just as good as the ones that are considered to be quality by stating three ideas. Its not the OP himself that's at issue, its what he's pushing.

1) there was no high thrust loads used or higher rotational speeds shown on this turbo to state that it has gone through its paces like the proven ones... (8psi.. really? That's a test to show how good it is?)

2) A few thousand miles means nothing to something that was to be engineered to run as much as 500,000 miles or more. A couple thousand miles could be done in a week, a month, or even several months. That isn't a review, that's just driving around what you have for a quick run. Come back to me in 4-8 years with some abuse to it, then I'll say otherwise about its "quality".

3) The last person to give a "review" did everything but give any feedback or make any attempt of a sort of review on the same type of item. He was given the same treatment by others, unfortunately, and the thread met with the same demise as this one will.

You may call it "hate".. Most of us experienced individuals call it attempting to regulate.

So good, great. He just drove to the store a few times on 8psi with a crap turbo.. can we end this now, and go back to something of relevance?

To the OP: Sorry you're getting the short end of the stick of this thread, kid... But when you say "review", be careful that you don't fall into another dead-fall bear trap like you did on this one.

Best of luck with your setup.. seriously.

yo shodan, why dont you go get your period blood all over somebody elses thread.?

This will be an on going review for a cx racing turbo. and so far its so good. I dont know whats so hard to understand about that. "OH WELL YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW THOUSAND MILES ON IT" no ****. i already said that. I am still driving the car a lot. and its still doing just fine. Ill keep updating the more miles i put on it
Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yo shodan, why dont you go get your period blood all over somebody elses thread.?
aaaannnndddd this is when all (if you had any in the first place) of your credibility goes out the window.

Making a poor attempt at ridiculing one of the (if not THE) most well versed people on Honda tech when it comes to turbos is not the best way to prove the point that these junk turbos are worth wasting your money on.

Keep going though, the entertainment is priceless. I Still can't believe miller, palo, and all the other big hp makers and racers are so dumb to spend thousands on turbos, they should be running these eBay turds too. What a bunch of dumbasses.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:16 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Still waiting for a real review. You know, with real data in it? Something with years of longevity behind it?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok this kid didnt say he wanted a 8 second car out of that turbo all he said is he used it at 8 psi and it works great as well it should i mean its only 8 psi.

now i wouldnt use it to push 30+psi but for a little 260whp car it might last

now i agree coming at the shodan like that probly aint the right thing to do lol
Old 08-12-2012, 04:18 PM

This will be an on going review for a cx racing turbo. and so far its so good. I dont know whats so hard to understand about that. "OH WELL YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW THOUSAND MILES ON IT" no ****. i already said that. I am still driving the car a lot. and its still doing just fine. Ill keep updating the more miles i put on it
Hahaha.. Its alright kid. you still haven't figured this out yet, so its good.. But just remember... YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY REVIEW WHATSOEVER FROM THIS THREAD... You're already at a bad start.

Name:  NoNoBrotha.gif
Views: 6889
Size:  1.05 MB

Until you get some skills in the ability to understand turbochargers themselves a bit more than what you're presenting right now, You will get no credit that you know about how to write anything on turbos and whether or not a turbo is quality or not.

Now, when I see some sort of real effort in this "review", then I'll recant my statement....Until then, YES.. I'll prejudge you.

You know what? Let me go get those door stops out of the shop and sell them to you for $100 each... then you can test them all.. you can do your review and clean out the shop at the same time .. Win-Win..

Damn, its like N3V3R's blunt comments are infecting me lately.. But now I understand why he gets like this sometimes.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the guys running eBay turbos don't make over 200whp. So Ofcourse it's going to last a couple years. Now put that eBay turbo on my car and it won't last a couple seconds.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this intrigues me, and i think im going to do this now

im going to get one of them t70 ebay turbos and see whats up
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

OP:
im glad your happy with your setup and turbo! but i believe turbo-ls was trying to say is that youll make more power with less boost on a major brand turbo versus the cxracing turbo you have. ive seen a thread on another site like that, the guy had a jdm sport turbo then he switched to a garrett turbo which was slightly smaller, but made more hp on less boost. it comes down to engineering...

if your going to do a review, then hey im all ears bruh! but just be ready for negative comments. its up to you to just ignore them or reply to them with correctly. BUT i cant see how a turbo that cost a fraction of what i spent can perform just as good or better than mine, you know what i mean

thats like saying a kia optimia should be in the same class of cars as real luxury cars. no offense to anyone who owns a kia, but those cars are "almost" luxury cars. i guess the same goes for the subject of turbos
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As a rule of thumb, dont buy moving parts from ebay... intercoolers, rads, brackets etc "may" be ok. Moving parts require engineering.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be fair to the OP, I know alot of people running ebay parts with very "few" issues at all. The thing about being cheap is you have to ALWAYS anticipate where your failures are going to be, biggest problem ive heard of with the ebay turbos is they dont balance them. So if your going to go with a ebay turbo, have it balanced at the very least. There's guys around here with junk cars running ebay turbos for years that run considerably good times for the amount of money they have spent, are they spectacular builds of amazing proportions, not a chance in hell, but they work.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justYncredible
OP:
im glad your happy with your setup and turbo! but i believe turbo-ls was trying to say is that youll make more power with less boost on a major brand turbo versus the cxracing turbo you have. ive seen a thread on another site like that, the guy had a jdm sport turbo then he switched to a garrett turbo which was slightly smaller, but made more hp on less boost. it comes down to engineering...
I saw this in another thread, it was alot older so I didn't bother to post. I am not condoning buying cheap turbos... so nobody hurt my feelings, please?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but psi is a standard unit of measurement, 6 psi from two different turbos (one cxracing and one $1200 garrett) should make the same power at the same psi, the only way the power would change is if the turbo spools at different times, but if the two turbos spooled at the same tim, all other things being equal (obviously the turbos aren't equal) 8psi from either turbo should make the same power. the engine doesn't know that the 8psi came from a cheap turbo or a good quality one. I may be wrong on this (wouldn't be the first time), but if both turbos were exactly the same, aside from the quality... they would make the same power. so switching to a name brand turbo itself shouldn't give you any more power.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spawne32
To be fair to the OP, I know alot of people running ebay parts with very "few" issues at all. The thing about being cheap is you have to ALWAYS anticipate where your failures are going to be, biggest problem ive heard of with the ebay turbos is they dont balance them. So if your going to go with a ebay turbo, have it balanced at the very least. There's guys around here with junk cars running ebay turbos for years that run considerably good times for the amount of money they have spent, are they spectacular builds of amazing proportions, not a chance in hell, but they work.
like i said the turbo came computer balanced from cxracing.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mike Lowwryyy
As a rule of thumb, dont buy moving parts from ebay... intercoolers, rads, brackets etc "may" be ok. Moving parts require engineering.
i did not purchase this from ebay

Quick Reply: Cxracing turbo review