Notices

Assistance Needed: Optimal location for Oil Pressure Sending Unit For a Guage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance Needed: Optimal location for Oil Pressure Sending Unit For a Guage?

Who's running an aftermarket oil pressure gauge?
Trying to figure out where to mount that huge oil sending unit along with 2 oil feed lines ( head and turbo). Plus keeping the oem oil sending unit. Currently using an M -factory sandwich adapter with 2 outlets.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Assistance Needed: Optimal location for Oil Pressure Sending Unit For a Guage?

I recently discovered this:
Oil Pressure Sensor Adapter

it looks like the very first reliable "T" ever made
Old 01-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Assistance Needed: Optimal location for Oil Pressure Sending Unit For a Guage?

I run this fitting, it's made out of stainless and I use it for turbo oil feed, aem oil pressure sensor, and oem oil pressure sensor. If I would have known about the one posted above at the time I would have probably gone that route. Although mine has been leak and trouble free so far.

1/8" BSPT Oil Pressure Sensor Fitting,Gauges, Sensor, Turbo Oil Feed, Toyota eBay
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2017, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran a line off my GE sandwich plate to a remote location in the bay for it. Too much of a pain trying to cram all that stuff stuff next to the block imo. But I do like the proposed solutions above
Old 01-19-2017, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I ran a line off my GE sandwich plate to a remote location in the bay for it. Too much of a pain trying to cram all that stuff stuff next to the block imo. But I do like the proposed solutions above
+1 i did the same. I did it for two reasons. Its easier to get to. Got a brand new AEM fluid pressure gauge with the brass sensor, hooked it up, put brass sensor on a brass tee on the factory oil pressure sensor location, fired up brand new setup for first time, gauge was reading great for about 30 minutes and all of sudden was displaying two -- instead of numbers, unpluged sensor and plugged harness on the aem fuel pressure sensor and it was reading fine, bought a stainless unbranded sensor off of ebay for the low and relocated off the back of the block and been fine for months. I would say the vibrations killed the original sensor.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mounted my sending unit to drivers strut tower, found the bracket at local hardware store plumbing section

Old 01-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks eveyone, there all good solutions. Just have to pick one now.