Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread***

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
But how does positive crank pressure get to the head? Goes up the holes that the oil is trying to drain down?
Yes, my understanding is that the galley ways in the head are huge and no matter what the oil pressure or engine rpm. the pressure of the valvecover and the crank case is always the same. BUT, you will never hear anyone tell you to have less block ventilation. some hp can even be had if you use a pump to suck the pressure out.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bitch Puddin'
B18C+JRSC/LHT+Kamikaze header+magnaflow hi-flow cat+2.5"piping+2.5"ES Oval=insanely loud at WOT
Kami header to straight 2.5" pipe all the way to comptech muffler... needless to say, VERY loud!!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vtakdis
ok so wanted to requote this because the issue still there, bought the kit used, and have no idea about its history. It does not have any of the Jackson racing bandaids. Car now has the blower with a 4.2" pulley/ stock b16 crank pulley, hondata intake manifold gasket, rdx injectors, aem wideband, sri, and a cat delete, currently a vafc 2 is being used until funds become available for a s300. Car starts and idles absolutely fine, but as soon as you give the car any kind of throttle it instantly bogs out and dies. It did this with stock injectors and with the rdx injectors/vafc 2, car has plenty of fuel, fuel pressure is also good, and we sprayed around every thing with brake clean and saw no visible vacuum leaks. We've run out of ideas on what would be causing this to happen, so any ideas or advise would be appreciated

imo let the car sit until you have an s300 or something similar + wideband.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys so I am having a bit of trouble. I have the RC 440 injectors. Model SL9-440 and I can't figure out what lower grommet to use to make them fit properly into the JRSC manifold. Someone please help and give me some real answers. Can't find anything helpful after searching a few times.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the same issue with my Deutschwerks injectors. Ended up buying an assorted o-ring box from NAPA, then fitting the correct o-ring that would work both around the injector and inside the manifold. Also, I doubled up the O-rings to make sure it all sealed up.

I also had to get longer bolts and fabricate spacers to get the factory fuel rail to fasten the injectors to the manifold.

Edit: Deatschwerks
lollin'

Last edited by hondalocal; 03-09-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: cause' tarded
Old 03-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondalocal
I had the same issue with my Deutschwerks injectors. Ended up buying an assorted o-ring box from NAPA, then fitting the correct o-ring that would work both around the injector and inside the manifold. Also, I doubled up the O-rings to make sure it all sealed up.

I also had to get longer bolts and fabricate spacers to get the factory fuel rail to fasten the injectors to the manifold.

Edit: Deatschwerks
lollin'
its a nightmare, thanks for the input
Old 03-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you post a picture of the issue you are having?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HeikDiesel
Can you post a picture of the issue you are having?
im out of town at the moment, but you are welcome to text me with any solutions you might have to offer. 520-840-2578.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do we have an opinion on a b20 (gsr head) in regards to the popular gsr inlet itr exh cam combo?
Would there be any gain running itr/itr with the larger displacement at around 10psi
thanks
Old 03-14-2017, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update:

I went to get my new setup on E85 tuned Saturday (3/11/2017)...

B18c5 / Jrsc / LHT cooler / MVM stepper pulley / itr crank pulley / MVM 3.8" nose pulley / kamikaze header / 750cc RC saturated injectors / s300

This is the first time I've driven the car since putting the A2W Bosch pump on and running water through the system.

On the dyno it started missing before the tuner could even start tuning.

It started losing water from the a2w cooler even though there were no leaks.

Well it looks like the LHT is leaking into cylinder #1.

Pulled plug #1 and found water drops in cylinder.

Shut off A2W pump and all the missing went away.

I'm fuming bc of the amount of time and $ I've spent on this LHT only to have it be a piece of ****!

But the best part was when it wouldn't engage vtec.
I guess maybe the pressure switch or vtec solenoid is dead also.

So dyno results at 7psi: 160whp at 5k rpm and 137ftlb at 3k rpm with no vtec.

Fml.

Last edited by Black R; 03-24-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Gutted for you dude...
I've found lht quite quick to respond to messages on Facebook, I'd definitely mention it to them.
have you disturbed the vtec solenoid wiring when inspecting the issue or something
Old 03-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't called LHT bc honestly what's the point?

They modified the manifold for me probably a year ago, and I haven't spent much time getting the car back together since then.

Best case scenario would be me having to tear the whole blower down again and ship it off to them to fix.

That's such a pain in the ***; if I take the blower off, I'm going turbo.

I didn't disturb the wiring - and the solenoid clicks when I jump it - but that's not always an indication that it's working - in this case it's not.

It has the same amount of miles on it as the motor (83k), so idk why it would die randomly, but I guess maybe from non-use it can seize up?

Last edited by Black R; 03-14-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:32 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

Sorry to hear Black R. That's really frustrating.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

R I feel you with the frustration, I still would contact them to fix it so you can at least attempt to recoup some of the money out of the project.

Also that those WHP numbers, is that on 91?

Let's get some turbo builds going
Old 03-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Black R
..... if I take the blower off, I'm going turbo.
Luckily I got the LHT kit used but in working order. I have the same setup as you except I'm using a larger crank and no kami headers. Hopefully all goes well with mines when I start the install later this month. If you ever decide to go turbo and want to get rid of your kami, I'd be interested.

This was something I wrestled with for a bit but I finally pieced everything together. If I'm not happy with the JRSC, then I might go this route...
I almost gave up on the project but hopefully I get the JRSC in this month without any issues.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:30 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm looking for recommendations. I think I need to replace my head gasket and possibly shorten the alignment dowels. Should I first drop the charger and remove the IM or leave it all on? The only reason I'm asking is I'm afraid I'll drop the cap screws into the intake runners and/or recreate vacuum/boost leaks.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:46 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bad news for me.

I went to get my new setup tuned Saturday:

B18c5 / Jrsc / LHT cooler / stepper pulley / itr crank pulley / 3.8" nose pulley / kami header / 750cc RC saturated injectors / s300

This is the first time I've driven the car since putting the Bosch water pump and running water through the system.

On the dyno it started missing before the tuner could even start tuning.

It started losing water from the a2w cooler even though there were no leaks.

Well it looks like the LHT is leaking into cylinder #1.

Pulled plug #1 and found water drops in cylinder.

Shut off A2W pump and all the missing went away.

I'm fuming bc of the amount of time and $ I've spent on this LHT only to have it be a piece of ****!

But the best part was when it wouldn't engage vtec.
I guess maybe the pressure switch or vtec solenoid is dead also.

So dyno results at 7psi: 160whp at 5k rpm and 137ftlb at 3k rpm with no vtec.

Fml.
That's scary. I sent my LHT manifold back twice because they kept stuffing it up (from Australia too). I'll be sure to pressure test it before i install it. You'd think for the cost they would test them before sending them back to the customer.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

First, let's get you past the frustration and agony of this setback and get you to a point of logical thinking and reasoning. Once there, talk to John at LHT... he is a reasonable guy and will likely work out an amicable solution for the both of you. Once fixed, you get back on the dyno and make it right finally. Remember, this was your FIRST choice... you have already considered other options... and this option was what fit you best in your vision for the car.

... if I take the blower off, I'm going turbo.
Now in the off chance that you cannot get it right, you could consider a DIFFERENT supercharger option behind door number three !!! C'mon Black R... join me and walk the path less traveled. You would STILL be supercharged...
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

R I feel you with the frustration, I still would contact them to fix it so you can at least attempt to recoup some of the money out of the project.

Also that those WHP numbers, is that on 91?

Once I settle down, I'll give them a call.

​​​​​​​This is on E85.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
That's scary. I sent my LHT manifold back twice because they kept stuffing it up (from Australia too). I'll be sure to pressure test it before i install it. You'd think for the cost they would test them before sending them back to the customer.

That's the thing: they said they DID pressure test it prior to sending it back to me...

I remember reading the horror stories about LHT leaks into the manifold, but figured those were isolated incidents.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
First, let's get you past the frustration and agony of this setback and get you to a point of logical thinking and reasoning. Once there, talk to John at LHT... he is a reasonable guy and will likely work out an amicable solution for the both of you. Once fixed, you get back on the dyno and make it right finally. Remember, this was your FIRST choice... you have already considered other options... and this option was what fit you best in your vision for the car.

Now in the off chance that you cannot get it right, you could consider a DIFFERENT supercharger option behind door number three !!! C'mon Black R... join me and walk the path less traveled. You would STILL be supercharged...

I hear you, and yes I'm frustrated.

The reason I said turbo is for simplicity.

example: I have a Greddy turbo kit on my itr and it has performed flawlessly.
It was easy to install, spools at 3k, makes 300whp at 10psi, and is a ton of fun.
It has fewer moving parts, and honestly I can't complain about anything it does.
It's been on the car for idk how many years and has been dead nuts reliable.

Now bc I was building an autox car, I thought a jrsc would be more reliable for hot summer events (less heat in the bay). And make power lower down in the rpm band.
But with all the belts and pulleys, and now heat exchanger and lines for the cooler, it's seeming less reliable - potential for leaks and slipping or shredding belts and whatnot. :/
And with newer ball bearing turbos, I could have a super quick spool as well.

I guess I'll see what LHT has I say about it, but I have a sour taste in my mouth right now.

Are you suggesting a kraftwerks kit? I hadn't considered those bc of $, need for power down low, and again slipping belt potential.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Trial User

I want turbo, I'm about ready for it as soon as I have my fuel system ready, but I gotta lame code 9/ cylinder position sensor killin, so far 3 different distributors! The b16a2 starts sputtering, and that's how I know when its goin out. About 6 months ago I put in an msd ignition,with external coil, seems to have helped, code still there, but now looks like that coil is having problem.

*Also I know this is kinda off topic, but I'm trying to get my two posts in so I can start a new thread about my issue here.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is on E85.

I guess that sounds about right now that I think about it
Old 03-15-2017, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Does anyone have any pictures of some of the new Canadian steel JRSC replacement upper and lower tensioner assemblies ??? I was contacted via PM about how to install them, and since I have never seen any live, and I just assumed that they installed just like the original kit parts (shame on me), I never gave it a second thought or looked into it. After seeing the pics I was sent... I am unsure how the upper tensioner assembly connects to the OE upper alternator bracket and how the top of the alternator is "located" during the install. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I just got off the phone with George at LHT.

I asked if any other customers had leaks like this and he said no.

He did say if I send the manifold back to them, he'll weld it up if there's a leak.

​​​​​​​So there's that...

Last edited by Black R; 03-24-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***