Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Honda powered Junior Dragster

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda powered Junior Dragster

Well guys my daughter is getting a little older now and i love drag racing. So i was thinking about starting her in a junior dragster, but i dont want a briggs and stratton powerplant. So i was thinking could i use a Honda engine in the dragster? Has it been done before? Or is it even allowed?
Old 05-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (Hayasa15)

it has to be a briggs@stratton.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (speedworks)

Dont they also have honda pwered small engines that those as well you can use?
Old 05-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (Hayasa15)

I have seen a Kawasaki Motorcycle engine on a chassis a little bit bigger than a junior dragster. They're around $8,000 for a starter kit. There are a few motorcycle powered dragsters competing in the Super Comp class in NHRA. The quickest I've ever seen has been 7.90 with a turbocharged Suzuki GS 1100 powerplant. Go to http://www.dragsters.net and click on "California Mini Dragster". They sell everything you could possibly need to put together a competitive car. Also, there's a small dragster competing on the east coast in Competition Eliminator called the Lady Bug. I think the girl who drives it is named Michelle Phillips?? If I'm wrong, someone please give her real name. (She is, however very sexy!) It is powered by a Volkswagen Pauter Motor and it runs mid 8's. I'm sure you could find a small dragster chassis for around $5,000 then work from there. Keep in mind, however, if you're set on running a Honda motor, remember that you need a transmission that spins backward like the engine. (www.paradiseracing.com) sells G-Force reverse rotation transmissions. If these options aren't what you want, then I guess you're stuck with Briggs and Stratton lawnmower power.........Hope all this info helps!
Old 05-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (boost_dependent)

there are honda motors that are comparable to briggs.. but its not worth it to be different.. you cant compete
Old 05-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (dmotoguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are honda motors that are comparable to briggs.. but its not worth it to be different.. you cant compete</TD></TR></TABLE>
They said the same thing about FWD dragcars a while back also..
Old 05-31-2004, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (Robb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Robb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
They said the same thing about FWD dragcars a while back also.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya.. but junior dragsters are just something for little kids to get into drag racing with.. they arent competitive really...

but there is a class in nopi i think for import powered rails..
Old 05-31-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (dmotoguy)

no offense .but havn't you seen what these motors can do in a 1500 lb chassis ,just imagine if you did get it all to work do you think your daughter can handle that kind of power off the bat .like i said no offense but we have to learn how to crawl before we walk. but good luck on your project.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda powered Junior Dragster (1700anddroping)

Yes if you are thinking of entering junior dragsters the motor must be a stock briggs and stratton block. They have them running on alcohol all sorts of stuff. The reason I know is my brother used to race them. And for those that feel it is not that competative you should actually go watch them. They are not just hosted by nopi, they are just following suit from NHRA who has been having junior dragster events for quite some time. And when you think about it not bad for a 5 or 6 year old doing like 80mph in the 1/8 mile