Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Ek SFWD never ending build.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ek SFWD never ending build.....

Havent been active on this site in quite some time. I have been busy with work and other things. I have not worked on my car in a while either. No motivation ......... Being a little short on money at the moment has a little to do with that. I do a have a few little updates to share with you guys. 2 weeks ago I traded in my corvette for a brand new 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500. I needed a good dependable truck that would pull my car and trailer and also be easy on the pocket when it comes to fuel costs. Im pretty happy with what I have. I do miss the corvette every day tho.

Other news I did receive my Short block from Prayoonto Racing. Cant wait to get it all put together and making some noise!

Specs on block :
87x86
Aluminum rods
heavy duty pistons
LA closed deck W/oring

Didn't like the idea of welding my rear speed sensor bracket to my control arm so I fabricated my own bracket that bolts in place where the dust shield was. turned out pretty good. Could use a few small adjustments to make perfect .
Old 01-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very interеsting topic bro Good luck with the car How much you spend on the LA block ???
Old 01-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don think remember the exact price , itwas like 1200 or so...
Old 03-07-2017, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE: Been slacking on updating this page. Havent had much time to work on my car, I have been pretty busy working on friends cars tho. Side work is a big factor in affording all these new parts on the racecar.

Since the last post a few things have changed. I finally got around to assembling my engine and dropping it in the car. Only thing holding me up right now is my turbo. I sent it off to be cleaned. Should have It back within a week.

Motor is now in the car where It belongs.

I had my mind set on either a 3PC Front end or rear trailing arms. I opted to get the Rear arms just for the fact of dropping weight. I ended up getting a set of TR Machine Rear Trailing arms . Overall they look decent , the paint that they used was really bad.

Installed New rear hubs with ABS rings, Also welded up a new bracket to hold my Wheel speed sensor.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Have not been on here since March. Not much has changed over the year. Car was tuned earlier this year, had a few issues with the car but I believe I have them sorted out. I have been to the track a few times this year working on getting the car to go faster. The car has been doing great with the old worn out suspension parts that are currently on the car at the moment. Last race I attended was Streetcar Takeover in Atlanta. Coming from some successful runs at a local 1/8 mile track I was shooting for 8's but fell short of my goal due to not being able to get the car to leave properly. Best 60' of the day was a 1.66......... still managed to run 9.25@164 on my first pass off the trailer. Long day work out for me as I was able to take the win in the FWD Heads up class. I have another race coming up on the 12th of Nov in Reynolds GA @ImportShowdown. The track there isn't the greatest but we should still lay down some great numbers.

Last edited by kr3w108; 10-27-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some photos from the event.

Last edited by kr3w108; 10-27-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<3
Old 10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

* Fixed Link to new photos
Old 11-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wasn't pretty but I got the win at my local IMPORT SHOWDOWN event in the Modified Street class. Had trouble getting the car to leave again. Just couldn't connect the dots. Either it was too hot or it would bog couldn't get it sorted out in time but still ended the day with the trophy. Best pass of the day was 9.2@164. You don't always have to be the fastest guy, you just need to be consistent. This will be my last track event for this year. Looking forward to the off season and making a few changes to better the car and get it closer to the 8's.

SOOOOO on black Friday I took a trip to North Carolina and picked up a new 3pc front end courtesy of Franks Custom Fiberglass. This front end fits extremely well and will need no modifications to fit. I will need to build a few supports on the sides to hole the corners and keep it where it should be. I have a few other things I plan on doing to the car more updates to follow.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was always thinking "this guys gotta get a wide front soon man hes almost at 8s lol"
and here we are lol congrats. love the franks front.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Trial User

Bad-***!
Old 12-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kr3w108
I had recently bought a tig welder and started learning on my own stuff . Not the greatest welds but they would be decent enough to work. It's always nice to know you built everything by hand. I always hated having to pay someone to do the work for me ...
I feel the same way. Its too damn expensive when you have project after project paying for people to do custom fab work or repairs. Thats the next thing on my list to learn is to weld.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eh2_Trav
I feel the same way. Its too damn expensive when you have project after project paying for people to do custom fab work or repairs. Thats the next thing on my list to learn is to weld.
Best Investment ive ever made. My machine has paid for itself several times over.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDMarv
i was always thinking "this guys gotta get a wide front soon man hes almost at 8s lol"
and here we are lol congrats. love the franks front.
Hey it was coming lol , I was just more focused on going faster than what the car looked like. Gonna spend a little time on the outside of the car now that I have the front end. Hoping to have everything back together my end of January. We will see how that holds up .
Old 12-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hell yeah bro im lookin forward to it!!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got a small update. Haven't had much time to work on the car but progress has been made. Motor is at Prayoonto getting a rebuild so not in too much of a hurry. Got the Front end mocked up and mounted. Began to make the new traction bar. Ended up going with a 1/4" plate up front. I made a cardboard cut out of the shape of front end and traced that onto the plate. Having this new front end I was able to mount my intercooler forward about 4". Fabbed up a weight bar out of 1.5"x3" tubing , I have a ton of lead that I will be melting down to fill the inside. Bar should weigh close to 50lbs once filled.

Cut my old leaky Vanjan off the end of my inter cooler and installed a new standard end for a coupler. ( Not a big fan of VanJan clamps)

Just for added safety I added a brace to my parachute mount. Hopefully this year ill be going fast enough to actually need it ..... its fairly easy to stop at 165. Im sure 170+ will be a challenge.

Started to get the Car ready for Paint , I already knew my paint was thick but didn't realize just how thick it really was until I went to strip the car down to bare metal. Apparently the previous owners thought it would be a great idea to paint the car about 6 times...... I also found about 5lbs of bondo on the Driver Rear quarter. Instead of pulling the dent out they just filled it with about a 1/2" worth of bondo.. SMH. Several Hours later stripping the car I finally got all the body work complete. Pulled all the dents out and applied thin layers of bondo just to get the panels straight. Car is currently in primer and I will begin sanding on it sometime this weekend . Ordered a new rear bumper and a Fiberglass hood from Franks . Once I get those pieces I can begin the actual painting process. Still up in the air about what color to use. I am set on a Gun Metal just need to figure out which one.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its crazy what most of these older hondas have going on underneath that nobody notices eh lol.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got the Body work completed.... this was a long process for me as I don't have much time to spend with the car in the afternoons. Thankful for the folks that help me on the side , if not for them I would not be able to do this stuff sometimes.

Yesterday I started to paint the car. Ended up using a Grey Metallic the my friend had laying around. Ended up being the exact color I was looking for. Painted the Car, Doors And the front end. I have a few other trim pieces that I will be finishing up this week. My old hood was so messed up that we couldn't use it. So I said the hell with it and ordered a matching fiberglass hood from Franks. Got to cut out the Exhaust hole and the hole for the intake , once that is done I can paint it also. I still have a lot of work to do but we are getting there....

Old 02-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks great!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are just a few more shots of the car as I started to put some of the panels back on . Still need to put a motor in and cut the hole out for the exhaust and intake. should be done by next week.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loving the progress. car looks amazing. I like the parachute bracing!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

beauty
Old 04-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks beautiful. what is the color code for the grey metallic?

thanks.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome build!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How wide is your Kirkey seat? I think I screwed up when I ordered a 20" one, It looks huge! But I haven't had a chance to test it with the cage in yet

Quick Reply: Ek SFWD never ending build.....