Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Detailing FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Detailing FAQ

Hey nice write up, builthatch. Im a n00b here. I did do a search, and came up empty handed. There's nothing sexier than a clean, detailed car, but what about your windows? I have 95 si and the windows are dull, and water spotted. What helps to remove this? Also window scratches? They really stand out on a car when its completely clean. On my hatch the rear windows are scratched (from some bonehead who keyed the car while the previous owner had it) and im wondering how to remove them. Is there an easy how-to for removing these? Money is tight and i dont have the satisfaction of getting a variable speed buffer or anything. A drill and buffing pad is my only available tool to perform this process. Is there any household products that can help buff the windows to remove scratches? I have heard glycerine and jeweler's rouge mixed with water can do it, but has anyone ever tried this? Any comments would help me out. Thanks guys
Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dubcityb20
Hey nice write up, builthatch. Im a n00b here. I did do a search, and came up empty handed. There's nothing sexier than a clean, detailed car, but what about your windows? I have 95 si and the windows are dull, and water spotted. What helps to remove this? Also window scratches? They really stand out on a car when its completely clean. On my hatch the rear windows are scratched (from some bonehead who keyed the car while the previous owner had it) and im wondering how to remove them. Is there an easy how-to for removing these? Money is tight and i dont have the satisfaction of getting a variable speed buffer or anything. A drill and buffing pad is my only available tool to perform this process. Is there any household products that can help buff the windows to remove scratches? I have heard glycerine and jeweler's rouge mixed with water can do it, but has anyone ever tried this? Any comments would help me out. Thanks guys
Bump for this, I would like an answer too. My car sat for almost a year and the windows have water spots that wont come off.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Laz's EP
Bump for this, I would like an answer too. My car sat for almost a year and the windows have water spots that wont come off.
make a thread about this and i'll be glad to help ; )