Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Problems after installing Aftermarket Stereo in a 2001 Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Problems after installing Aftermarket Stereo in a 2001 Honda Civic EX

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to resolve this issue all night and was hoping that perhaps someone out there knew what I needed to do to fix this.

Yesterday, I replaced an older aftermarket radio in my car with a brand new one. I connected everything correctly, however it seems that the new one does not work.

Oddly enough, after the installation a few other problems have occurred. The keyless entry has stopped working, as has the automatic dome light. Once the car is off, I also cannot use the automatic locks.

I've tested a few of the fuses, (namely the door lock and the radio fuse), but neither are blown.

I am definitely getting power from the car into the radio (the proper voltage).

I do recall that in the past, the battery for this car died and I had to give my honda dealer a code to get them to reactivate it, but the dealer says that shouldn't be the issue.

Does anyone know what happened, what I might have done, or what I have to do to get my car back to functioning correctly?

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Problems after installing Aftermarket Stereo in a 2001 Honda Civic EX

I fixed it!

To all those out there that encounter this same issue, the fix for me was replacing the fuse labelled 'BACK UP'. It was in the exterior fuse box under the hood. Once I replaced it, everything started working good as new!

Hope that others can learn from my mistakes!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Problems after installing Aftermarket Stereo in a 2001 Honda Civic EX

Umm.... yeah, this has happened to numerous people. Utilizing the Search feature would have saved you some time.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Trial User

Thats good that you were able to find and fix your issue.

One thing I have learned from problems like this is. I always check all fuses even if they have nothing to do with what the fuse is for. I always check all fuses as some might be linked with my problem without knowing it can be.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by doovidooves
I fixed it!

To all those out there that encounter this same issue, the fix for me was replacing the fuse labelled 'BACK UP'. It was in the exterior fuse box under the hood. Once I replaced it, everything started working good as new!

Hope that others can learn from my mistakes!
i tried that in my 03 ex but i didnt see any fuses labelled "back up". is there any way you can give more detail to fixing the problem? maybe the amp of the fuse you replaced under the hood, plz. because for me the a/c setting on the dashkit wont illuminate nor will the gear shift lights (p, r, n, d, ext...)
thanks.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 03ex!
i tried that in my 03 ex but i didnt see any fuses labelled "back up". is there any way you can give more detail to fixing the problem? maybe the amp of the fuse you replaced under the hood, plz. because for me the a/c setting on the dashkit wont illuminate nor will the gear shift lights (p, r, n, d, ext...)
thanks.
Did you check the bulbs????