Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Holy crap, I am experiencing an ELECTRICAL NITEMARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy crap, I am experiencing an ELECTRICAL NITEMARE

I was fixing my alarm hood pin switch and interior piezo siren today. After doing that, I reconnected my battery and bam I discovered that there's a million things not working.
The dome light does light up anymore when the doors open. I even manually pressed in and out the factory door pins. If I switch the dome light switch to the ON position, it would light up, but when switched to the DOOR position, it's completely dead.

Now when I arm my car, it doesn't lock and unlock the doors anymore.

The remote trunk pop stopped working.

The secondary alarm sirens stopped sounding.

Usually whenever my alarm fails me, I can use the OEM Honda remote transmitter to lock and unlock the door. I just tried it, and it does not work anymore.

I think there might be a blown fuse somewhere, because a whole bunch of stuff stopped working at once. Is there a Honda factory fuse that controls the dome light door open indicator?

Any guess as to what may be wrong?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Holy crap, I am experiencing an ELECTRICAL NITEMARE (OEM Man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OEM Man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Usually whenever my alarm fails me, I can use the OEM Honda remote transmitter to lock and unlock the door. I just tried it, and it does not work anymore.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of alarm. My guess is that when you unhooked the battery it reset the brain and you have to reprogram the keychain to the brain. If you "usually" have alarm failures, sounds like a shitty install or a decent install on a shitty car. Who knows whats going on?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Holy crap, I am experiencing an ELECTRICAL NITEMARE (OEM Man)

MM&Y of car would help.

We know the dome light fuse is not blown because you can turn on the dome light, the door pin switches supply the ground to the dome light, so the ground from the pin switches is not getting to the dome light.
I would check the alarms door trigger connection to the cars dome light/door pin wire, and the plug it is in, make sure the plug is plugged in properly.

Do the power door locks work if you use the switch on the door?

What kind of connections are you using to connect the alarms wiring to the cars wiring, [solder, crimp connectors or quick connects like "T" taps]?

What kind of remote trunk pop, stock or aftermarket, if it's stock, does the stock button still pop the trunk?

There could be any number of things wrong, but if it all worked before you "fixed" the hood pin-switch and piezo siren it is obviously something you did, although for all those things to not work you would have had to blow more then one fuse, EG; the dome light and the door ajar warning light in the cluster have diff. fuses, trunk pop and door locks may be on the same fuse, but it/they will not be one of the dome or door ajar warning light fuses.

See if door locks and trunk pop, [if stock] still work without the remotes, and let me know, don't forget the MM&Y of car, and make and model of alarm. 94